Bay of Quinte

DanD

I have never fished Bay of Quinte and would like to give it a try this winter; when we hopefully get some "safe" ice.

I don't know the area at all; so I have no clue as to what area to head to or where there is access points where I can park my truck?

My snowmobile trailer is also my fish hut, when I get to the lake; I can strap the skies to the wheels and haul the hut around with the sled. So if anyone can make a few suggestions for access points I would be very appreciative.

This is what I'll be hauling around; but it'll be laying on the ice when I put the new drop axles on it.

Dan

IMG_0818_zpsrchxbpfx.jpg

IMG_0820%20-%20Copy_zpsyvd854gq.jpg

You should wait until the ice is here before making any plans. Quinte is a different animal when it comes to ice. There are a lot of very sketchy places, and some that don't freeze at all. Once the time comes, pm me and I can help you out, but for now, just wait until it freezes. There are a few "generally" safe areas, but whether there are fish there or not is another story.

Keep in touch once we have some ice and I can certainly offer some advice.

S.

You will likely need to travel much lighter than your current setup.

And the best walleye fishing is where the worst ice is.

I had a hut in front of Bellville for years and never fished out of it. Just a cheap motel.

Yes, I was going to say the same. I have a sled and portable hut, but I dont take the sled out there....more so because you don't need to walk far. Its generally walk out only to the good spots, and checking the ice the whole way with a spud.

S.

You will likely need to travel much lighter than your current setup.

And the best walleye fishing is where the worst ice is.

I had a hut in front of Bellville for years and never fished out of it. Just a cheap motel.

Really?

It looks sheltered and I thought it would (during a proper winter) freeze up solid?

Good to know Thanks.

You should wait until the ice is here before making any plans. Quinte is a different animal when it comes to ice. There are a lot of very sketchy places, and some that don't freeze at all. Once the time comes, pm me and I can help you out, but for now, just wait until it freezes. There are a few "generally" safe areas, but whether there are fish there or not is another story.

Keep in touch once we have some ice and I can certainly offer some advice.

S.

Yes I will PM you if/when we have ice; you ever do any guiding out there?

Heated shack and all the dogs & burgers you can eat. LOL

Thanks guys.

Dan.

Really?

It looks sheltered and I thought it would (during a proper winter) freeze up solid?

Good to know Thanks.

Yes I will PM you if/when we have ice; you ever do any guiding out there?

Heated shack and all the dogs & burgers you can eat. LOL

Thanks guys.

Dan.

No, I don't guide but I fish there regularly through the ice. Once things freeze up I will be out there checking things out. Keep in touch.

S.

Dan, Quinte has a lot of current and that's why the folks have been telling you to wait. There are a number of places that have huge current and therefore, difficulty freezing solid.

The boys will take care of you!

HH

I wouldn't be going on any ice; not until I see the local hut operators set up and running.

Dan.