Fishing Ontario's Last Frontier: Echoing Lake Report

chris.brock

I am lucky and grateful to have been invited along on this epic trip.

Here's where we went.

camp%2011quot%20x%2017quot.jpg

Here's Eddies actual first fish of the week, a 42

P9180309.jpg

We caught lakers like this until we were bored.

P9230484.jpg

Borger eloquently puts it all together here-

http://www.canadafishingguide.net/fishing-ontarios-last-frontier-2/

Fantastic trip. How long was that first flight from Air Base to the Main Camp?

We had a tail wind for the flight in and we were there in about 1:45, nasty head wind coming out and it was about 2:20, the Cessna Caravan is a pretty fast float plane too.

took a quick glance over this...am i confused, or did you guys end up exploring any unfished lakes or not? it seems like you spent all your time in the two camps?

maybe i need to read more thoroughly

There is a Beaver on floats up there that belongs to the camp and it is at the guests disposal, fly where ever you want. Lots of unknown, unexplored lakes and river sections nearby. We only fished Yelling. Yelling was not virgin but untapped enough that nobody knew lake trout were in there and we were easily catching 50 per guy, per day.

There is a Beaver on floats up there that belongs to the camp and it is at the guests disposal, fly where ever you want. Lots of unknown, unexplored lakes and river sections nearby. We only fished Yelling. Yelling was not virgin but untapped enough that nobody knew lake trout were in there and we were easily catching 50 per guy, per day.

ok now it makes sense!

turbo jealousy all around.

I read the trip report and it sounds like like it was even better than you guys hoped it would be.

Too bad the weather threw some challenges at you for a bit.

The temptation of going back to explore more of the virgin waters around there would be a huge draw for me.

Glad you shared with us.

Was rooting for ya in the dock challenge, get your big silver dick award and dishes cleaned. ;)

thanks Bunk, I honestly tried hard, the silver kack is cool but what I really wanted was to beat Borger.

Too bad the weather threw some challenges at you for a bit.

The temptation of going back to explore more of the virgin waters around there would be a huge draw for me.

thanks, the main lake, Echoing, is big and wide open, while we were there we didn't have a day with calm winds so we could really fish it properly.

the temptation to go back is definitely there, a main driving force for me is the brook trout in the untouched river sections

Edited by chris.brock

• 2 weeks later...