Beaching Big Bully SHARKS!!!

Moosebunk

Down in Florida there was this hurricane named Eddie that made a big ole mess to clean up. Couple days later my hairy, pale ass landed in the Sunshine State for a week of shark fishing. Teeth and grit, sweat and spit, I'm rather thankful to the surf, sands and fish God's for some southern hospitality, delicious subs to-go, full moons and rows and rows and rows of razor sharp teeth that didn't bite any toes off. Bring your towel and drink and come hang on the beach... but just beware of JAWS! :o

Full report here...

032_zps4lkjxrdf.jpg

018_zps1mbs2ae9.jpg

As always, thanks for reading. :good:

Bunk.

Edited by Moosebunk

Bunk catches everything that swims, gonna read that one for sure when I get a chance

No fish is safe from the Bunk... well done AGAIN! :clapping:

I was a newbie to this, still am. And during the week everything from carrying bags, towing carts, fighting fish, taking pictures, baiting, rigging, casting, driving, etc., was all teamwork. I'd doubt any one single angler could safely land the 250+ pound bull sharks on their own, (especially in bigger surf) so it was good we had extra able bodies to help in every CPR way. The smaller sharks though, could see me wanting to return to cast topwaters for them and tarpon. They could be more manageable. Reeling in that bull from beginning to end was a single tug-of-war that was great fight, but not something that needs repeating anytime soon. It was actually a challenging trip in many different ways

Holy man! You must be retired HAHAHA!

Nice report dude!

Work contracts. It's like being retired. :thumbsup_anim: All work when I work, lots of play when I don't. :good: All that may change for the worse in the New Year though... :unsure:

Must be a wild and fun fight,Thanks for the report !!!!,maybe one day here

The few I fought were, in different ways too. The big bull was exhausting, like a big sturgeon but bigger and faster initially. Only a marlin and friend's yellowfin has shown more power.

" I rather despise looking at my aging, hairy, fattening self in the mirror "

Ha. great line Bunk !

wicked report as usual

It's not always true. :whistling:

Thanks for checking this one out gang. Only a couple more to catch up on to end the 2016 then it'll be a long haul to the next. During the down time over the winter, rewriting/editing some old reports to throw up on the site I may post a few here for any interested.

Cant say shark is on the top of my list, but Tarpon, oh ya. The number one at the top. I dought though it will ever happen. Those are some insane attacks on the pack of mullet.

Enjoyed the read Drew.

They weren't at the top here either. Didn't figure on ever fishing them actually. Glad to have done so. With you on this Brian, tarpon are at the top, atlantics and roosters. Can see tarpon coming next. Hook up to landing them ratio is about 1 in 8to10. Salt water kings!

Awesome as usual Drew, i'm gonna try for some sharks at the end of January, gonna night fish this year in Antigua.

Thanks Simon. Can't help with Antigua but if it's fishing like what was done in Florida I can maybe give a few general ideas that might help. Good luck there.