Long term weather forcast

NAW

Who do you use for a decent long term weather forcast?

I looked at the weather network today. In their "calender" part of the website for Barrie, it is showing some great daily lows. Steady nights with double diget lows starting mid December.

I don't want to jinx myself. But I really hope I'm on the ice earlier this year than last!

A friend just reported that Muscolunge bay has ice on it this morning. it's -10 right now so thats a good sign.

My sled is getting clutch work done and should be ready in a few days. Bring on the snow

Edited by Dara

I also have the Weather Underground App on my phone and it seems to be pretty accurate.

I've looked at a few different websites, and for the most part, they are all calling for the same weather in the coming month. Which is great.

I am being very optimistic here.. But a nice feed of fresh Crappie before Christmas might actually be a reality this year!

I use 3 different sites to try and predict what our weather will be long term.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/northwest-territories/yellowknife

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/yellowknife/x1a/weather-forecast/49534?p=accuweather

http://www.yr.no/place/Canada/Northwest_Territories/Yellowknife/

Yes I know the last one is in Norway, but they are pretty accurate most of the time.

​I guess Norwegians have a lot of time to look at weather maps and stuff!!! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Thanks Drifter!

The one from Norway is cool, but it doesn't show the daily lows!

I'm very interested in the night time temps.

If you click on long term and scroll down to the detailed long term forecast you will see it gives you projected temps at 6 hour intervals.

You actually get 2 night time temps per day early (5PM-11PM) and late (11PM-5AM) as opposed to one low temp.

You can actually see how fast the temp is actually going to drop. ;)

its been a long friggin time since weve had december ice...even that damn cold winter didnt produce the goods...its been even longer since I was able to snowmobile on the ice in december, but i do remember in 2008...? riding a sled on the ice on december 14th!

regardless, all i need is 2-3 inches to walk out and get my pike on...is that too much to ask for for christmas?

Sounds good to me

I'm off work from dec20 to Jan 8. So I am hoping for ice

I am being very optimistic here.. But a nice feed of fresh Crappie before Christmas might actually be a reality this year!

Ok, Im in too, but I have to work 27-30,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Non-Union. :tease:

I started a thread similar to this last year and you recommended wundeground and I have been using it ever since! Pretty accurate I must say!

Glad you like it! Its a great tool for me at work or fishing. It tells me almost exactly when its gonna rain etc. So that helps me pack up my equipment in time.