Scored a sweet deal today

Dutch01

Came across a deal I couldn't refuse today;

1BB443CC-E9E6-45F0-998E-9F3E0BB18287_zps

I don't know if float tubing is for me but for $70 I'm willing to find out!

Here she is at home:

AD69D769-8466-4416-8DE8-B4BBE98E6A1D_zps

I'm excited to try it out next spring.

Canadian Tire now has their in store clearance inventory online. I also got 50% off a new bbq today! I had to go to two stores but well worth it.

Happy shopping! (Hint: check a few local stores, each store has different pricing).

Edited by Dutch01

Well let me be the first to say, you SCORED.

This was my first float boat. I loved it.

You will need a set of flippers now.

Then comes the mods to add a finder.

Then comes the, this is good, but now I want something bigger.

Then you are now into a toon.

More mods to be had.

Enjoy Dutch.

Well let me be the first to say, you SCORED.

This was my first float boat. I loved it.

You will need a set of flippers now.

Then comes the mods to add a finder.

Then comes the, this is good, but now I want something bigger.

Then you are now into a toon.

More mods to be had.

Enjoy Dutch.

I can see it already - I saved on the float but I'll spend it all back and more on mods/upgrades.

Hmmmm....I've already got a portable finder...... and so it begins!

I almost forgot, on Friday I also got a 28" Abu Garcia Veritas 2.0 ML ice rod & reel combo for $24 at CTC. I already have one and like it. That's what got me poking around on their site for clearance items in the first place.

Edited by Dutch01

I almost forgot, on Friday I also got a 28" Abu Garcia Veritas 2.0 ML ice rod & reel combo for $24 at CTC. I already have one and like it. That's what got me poking around on their site for clearance items in the first place.

You didn't see my post telling people to hunt the clearance section of the site? I got my reel, rod and a spool of line for $200 and the bill said I saved $200!

I bought a float suit a few days ago with a 60% price reduction.
When I was in the store I notice a combo with 2 berkley ice rods and reel cc/w a 50 yd spool of Micro Ice and a 50 yd spool of 'Coldwater' mono. The price marked was around $25, but on-line it was listed at $18. Without going into cognitive overdrive I chose the lower of the 2 prices. The spools of line are listed at $14 and $7.50, totaling up to $21.50. So I'm not getting the rods and reels for cheap or free, they are paying me to take them!!

I tried posting a link but now they have none left they are selling them for $50!!! laugh.gif

Buddy and I bought 2 helix 5 sonar/GPS for $234 plus tax each. Will make a nice upgrade to the 385 I use for ice fishing. Almost had a 55lb thrust Minn Kota I pilot unit for $550 plus tax. Was going to buy as a backup, I just couldn't resist the price. The order went through but they cancelled it after spending 40 minutes searching for the unit. Spoke to them on the phone and they stated it appeared to be ghost inventory, too bad, that would've been the deal of the century. I did also get a new float coat for $100.

Edited by porkpie

. Almost had a 55lb thrust Minn Kota I pilot unit for $550 plus tax. Was going to buy as a backup, I just couldn't resist the price. The order went through but they cancelled it after spending 40 minutes searching for the unit. Spoke to them on the phone and they stated it appeared to be ghost inventory, too bad, that would've been the deal of the century. I did also get a new float coat for $100.

Lindsay store shows one in stock

Edited by GBW

There's only 2 left now. Act fast on a screaming deal. I was tempted to be a jerk and buy all 3 and resell, but there are only so many hours in the day lol. Thanks for the tip!

Did you need me to pick one up for you for did you get one?

in fact they show 3 units avail.

That's a steal right there.

Both items I bought today were not out on the shelves. The BBQ was put away "upstairs", thank you to the kids who spent 20 minutes finding it for me.

The float tube was actually at the bottom of a shrink wrapped skid being wheeled into the back. I hollered at the kids to stop. He said he just built the skid and wrapped it, I told him "looks like you'll be doing it twice".

Thank you for the offer. I bought it online and they will confirm the order once they find it (usually get an email next day). If I can't make it out in a timely fashion I'll let you know!

Let me know. I have to head to the Whitby area to pick up the kids on Friday after work