Last Canoe trip of the year (maybe)

ckewley

Who can argue with the weather we've had so far this fall, besides the lack of rain it has been really pleasant. Seeing the doom & gloom on the horizon a plan comes together to try and hit virgin territory for both Brock & Chuck in which if you know these guy's those kind of lakes are very few & far in between. This trip would have us paddle & portage 4 lakes to our destination & hopefully fish would greet us when we got there. We meet up, start to unpack our gear & Brock says " I brought a small motor, thought it might help with the big lake" well yes, YES it did, especially on the home trip! After crossing the big lake, the motor got stashed in the bushes & it was paddles from there onward. Cross our second lake, portage into the third & our expectations were dashed abit. There was a cash of 3 boats stashed on this third lake coupled with not a single bite we thought our last lake might be a dud. After following a beaver trail that put us in the wrong direction, we stashed our boats & made our way to the fourth lake thinking there might be a few stashed boats...nope, so back we go to grab our boats. This fourth lake was truly beautiful & while nothing bit at first it wouldn't be long. Brock was chucking spoons while Chuck & I were floating worms. I wouldn't say the lake was on fire but we had a very steady pace of hook ups or hits. Most Brookies were decent in the 1/2 to 1 lb range with some larger & smaller of course, Chuck had a nice one spit the hook on shore. Had a incredible shore lunch of sausages cooked on hot rocks, beer & whiskey helped take the edge off the cold front blowing through which brought rain/sleet, hail for a moment & snow as we were leaving.

014_zpsenoqonbb.jpg

009_zps3hzqcmjh.jpg

018_zpsunfl8dav.jpg

010_zpslt6e7iub.jpg

007_zpstq1djpvw.jpg

003_zps5put5edo.jpg

20161119_120726_zpsng4hphoi.jpg

20161119_122934_zpsikjcafse.jpg

016_zpshnp3dthh.jpg

022_zpsgh3qqx6r.jpg

We certainly put the boots to her this day!! Sun barely up when we started & a drop of light left when we returned....just a incredible day all round!

I think you guys suffered most because of that bottle of Ardbeg. :w00t:

Like a Laphroig or Dun Bheagan, that there I find has to be one of the most rugged and harsh drams to swallow. Fitting how that works into your story of a big days effort for some final rewards.

Solid report!

I can write a full page...

Ill just say this.

Can I join???

If you are ever this way by all means, same goes to Steelheadphycho

I think you guys suffered most because of that bottle of Ardbeg. :w00t:

Like a Laphroig or Dun Bheagan, that there I find has to be one of the most rugged and harsh drams to swallow. Fitting how that works into your story of a big days effort for some final rewards.

Solid report!

I'm a Islay fan & Ardbeg is tops in my books but all of their expressions are way too pricey, the Uigeadail is quite abit heavier than the normal 10yr & I do likes me some Laphroig 10yr. HIGHLY RECOMMEND any of the Kilchoman line if you haven't tried them.