NF -Noma Xmas lights from CT complete garbage?

livinisfishin

Has anybody else had issues with the Noma Christmas lights from Canadian tire? Last year I had to go through 2 strands of the mini lights and 2 strands of the bigger lights because they would fail pretty much right out of the box or after I spent the time and got them up. Well this year seems to be starting off just the same way. The last replacement strand already has one bulb out which I can live with but the longer strand will not even light up at all. Is there a reliable brand out there or is it all the same junk?

Has anybody else had issues with the Noma Christmas lights from Canadian tire? Last year I had to go through 2 strands of the mini lights and 2 strands of the bigger lights because they would fail pretty much right out of the box or after I spent the time and got them up. Well this year seems to be starting off just the same way. The last replacement strand already has one bulb out which I can live with but the longer strand will not even light up at all. Is there a reliable brand out there or is it all the same junk?

I just came home with a bunch tonight and no go. All 4 boxes are duds so Ill be returning them tomorrow.

First time thats ever happened lol. Maybe a few bunk lights but not the whole bunch

I figured quality was what I was getting by buying the Noma brand but probably should have gone with the not so familiar companies. I

I'd ask the store mgr or at least the customer service person who will do the return if they have had issues with returns on those lights. I had the Lindsay store mgr tell me NOT to buy a product cause they had high warranty claims on it. Them I informed them I was a warranty claim and they said return it and I can change items to another brand...

Edited by GBW

Sorry to hear that, kids all love Christmas lights, Dads not so much. Noma hasn't been good for years, no one makes dependable lights, a pain for sure. Remember the strings where if 1 was out they all went out. Drove me nuts, thus the donation. My lady still has boxes of indoor lights.

I donated 3 huge boxes of indoor and outdoor lights to the Sally Ann last year, now they are someone else's problems. We used to light up our 3500 sqft triplex so they can see it from the International Space Station. No one out here in the winters now but us and the Bush Wolves to see them anyway. I was thinking about buying those things that light up the whole house with stars, no strings, one spot light, anyone have them? On sale at Wall Mart.

Want to see people go nuts for Christmas lights? Go to Florida around the holidays, ridiculous. One neighbor lit up his mini van with mini lights, Cops made him take all the red lights out.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Sorry to hear that, kids all love Christmas lights, Dads not so much. Noma hasn't been good for years, no one makes dependable lights, a pain for sure. Remember the strings where if 1 was out they all went out. Drove me nuts, thus the donation. My lady still has boxes of indoor lights.

I donated 3 huge boxes of indoor and outdoor lights to the Sally Ann last year, now they are someone else's problems. We used to light up our 3500 sqft triplex so they can see it from the International Space Station. No one out here in the winters now but us and the Bush Wolves to see them anyway. I was thinking about buying those things that light up the whole house with stars, no strings, one spot light, anyone have them? On sale at Wall Mart.

Want to see people go nuts for Christmas lights? Go to Florida around the holidays, ridiculous. One neighbor lit up his mini van with mini lights, Cops made him take all the red lights out.

My neighbor just put a couple of those up on his place last night, they look decent and super easy to to setup.

Bought my last set of outdoor lights at costco, all LED. Couldn't tell you the brand but if they are all good this year then it will be the 7th season on them with no failures. Maybe see what Costco is selling?

costco sells the good stuff! you pay good money for the stuff too lol

NOMA went down hill a decade+ ago when he sold things. At least his daughter has nice digs at the end of Mcarthur! :whistling:

Irish, I must have gotten the last good batch lol. Bought them in 2004 and still going, mind you I've had to cut out some bad sections and rejoin them but still good to go and it was from CT. I don't think CT is the blame for poor quality.

I'll ask when he (CT guy) comes to dinner today, let's see, before he eats or after :)

Irish, I must have gotten the last good batch lol. Bought them in 2004 and still going, mind you I've had to cut out some bad sections and rejoin them but still good to go and it was from CT. I don't think CT is the blame for poor quality.

I'll ask when he (CT guy) comes to dinner today, let's see, before he eats or after :)

Nobody is blaming CTC. Just that the noma brand isn't what it was. My comment on CTC was ask at the return desk if they have a lot of returns on that product then if so move on. My store the manager told to they had issues with one line up of reels and I was trading one in for warranty, they said trade it, return it and go get something else. To me that's good service for me so I'm not going home with a could be bad product.

Yeah geoff, our local CTC does the same.

Very good service on returns. Even if ya catch a manager on a bad day its prettly easy to sway them being polite. Not one of those stores were a dood has to freak out to get a return.

I already know in advance ill be able to return my 4 boxes no issues at all.