Asking for donations (fishing related)

manitoubass2

Brian Wormdunker, I can ask my independently wealthy brand new Brother-in-law to fly us up there. He flew his twin engine to Buttonville to see a performance of our niece in a musical at St. Jacobs Playhouse last summer. All the way from St. Louis Missouri, for the day! Flew to Myrtle Beach the next morning to his beachfront condo for a round of golf then flew home to St. Louis. And you know what he probably would if I asked him, he is a good guy and wants to start fishing. I hope he lasts longer than the last Brother-in-law.

Ok here goes.

First and foremost thank you to everyone that has reached out!!! Amazing folks! Truly appreciated!

Any and all donations are accepted! Its truly up to the individual(money, gear, clothing, or personal service ie Limey)

With cash donations please pm me or email me at [email protected] so I can provide receipts to your generous offers!

Now to the event info

Here is the original poster of the first year.

20161120_190826_zpsqvenkxrc.jpg

The first year was held on Rainy River at Rainy River Forst Nations. Due to unsafe ice the event was cancelled the next 2 years.

The event is being moved Lake of the woods for a few reasons...

1. It was Elvis's plan before he passed

2. Garaunteed safe ice

3. Better winter fishing

4. Easier accomodatios

5. Ability to hold a larger attendance

Here is a picture of the general area, and fishing boundries(loosely) defined by black circle.

PhotoEditor-1479691190966_zps5ooretce.jp

This is located by Morson Ontario if you wish to view on a map.

Its north of sleeman ontario.

Its a drive to spot minutes from mainland(morson,big grassy reservation, big island reservation)

There is an ice road for easy accessibilty and nearby gas and amenities

We will also be providing transport of people and gear for those with no vehicle.

Pop up shelters, 4 wheelers, gators, constructed ice huts are perfectly fine.

We will predrill holes based on the number of tickets sold. But, augers are permitted to drill where you please withing the (yet to be determined) boundries.

Three weighing locations will be available. One central, one west and one north. Also porto potties.

The fishing starts at 11am, ends at 5 sharp.

Then the awards cerimony takes place at the big grassy gym along with potluck dinner.

We also do the pennie table events and 50/50 draw at this point.

Then the Nighthawk band performs until 9-10pm.

Alcohol is prohibited (elvis was a drug and alcohol counsellor so please just be respectful) (im not gonna bar someone for sipping a mickey, but please be respectful, get drunk and our not gonna be welcome back)

Ticket prices are yet to be set but will range between 20-30 bucks/ less for youth

We have numerous categories split between adults and youth. Yourh division is 0-16 years old. Adult 17 and up

Categories are

1st walleye

Biggest walleye(by measurement)

Biggest northern pike (by measurement)

Must have valid fishing license.

Pending the amount of sponsors, preciously we had every angler leave with a prize, and I hope to continue that, but it will be pending.

Livebait is allowed and so are barbed hooks as per MNR regulations.

Please bring tobacco as an offerimg if possible. Im not enforcing it, its just respectful as for the traditionally families and area. All thats needed is a pinch(half a cigarette)

Ill add more as I can.

And any suggestioms are extremely welcome!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

Like I said, they get themselves to Dryden and i'll guide them for the day. Guidin' @ Dryden. My new service..catchy. I have my boaters card, all the safety equipment on board. I'm not asking for money so its not 'guiding' which cuts out all liability.loli think. They will have to get their own fishing licenses if they need them and make sure they have them on their person on the day. I am running an Alumacraft 16.5' with very comfortable premium seats. I have a new Minn Kota Ulterra with i-Pilot Link, none has to even moveJUST FISH!

Can arrange the time that suits the winner, prefer to go beginning of July onwards. Prize must be redeemed within 3 years.lol.

This is amazing!!!! Lets get this going for sure!!!!

Brian Wormdunker, I can ask my independently wealthy brand new Brother-in-law to fly us up there. He flew his twin engine to Buttonville to see a performance of our niece in a musical at St. Jacobs Playhouse last summer. All the way from St. Louis Missouri, for the day! Flew to Myrtle Beach the next morning to his beachfront condo for a round of golf then flew home to St. Louis. And you know what he probably would if I asked him, he is a good guy and wants to start fishing. I hope he lasts longer than the last Brother-in-law.

Oh please jump on this!!!!

What better way to introduce him to fishing than Lake of the Woods???

OK I am back at home again after a few months on the road (hunting and fishing my way to the West Coast and back).

Rick I will mail you a bunch of tackle, inbound e-mail coming at you.

What happened to the FOOD thread, by the way?

Doug

Awesome doug! Send me the link to your blog again too! I deleted it or lost it somehow??? That was a great read?

The food thread is just about to be re hashed(pun intended)

Glad ya made it home safe bud!