Asking for donations (fishing related)

manitoubass2

Ok. A little backstory here to start.

My good friend and local drug and alcohol counsellor past away 3 years ago.

Amazing man! He helped soooo many people! It was one of his passions!

He had other passions too! An angler, teaching kids mainly, to fish.

Unfortunately he died of a heart attack. And in tribute to him, with his brother and mom and dads permission, I started the "elvis debungee memorial family day fishing derby"

The first year was amazing!!! All the friends, family and locals helped out so much!!!

The past 2 years were a dissapointment. No safe ice, so it was cancelled. Huge dissapointment.

Anyhow, this years ago. We are moving the event to LOTWs as elvis wanted it.

If ANYONE has any donations or conections to possible sponsors, please IM me.

All your help is appreciated!

This is a youth angler event! All prizes go to the kids. How can you not support that?

Help me out OFC friends in anyway possible. Its a great cause and even a jig, line, anything helps!!!

Miigwitch

can you do paypal? I would be happy to donate some money for this cause and then you can go shopping for items you need.

Art

Yep! It goes to my wifes account thought.

Id be super stoked if we could get some OFC hats or shirts, that would be wicked!

Any donations are appreciated though!

The first event we had lures etc donated and I made tackle boxes for the kids(basically all the basics you need)

Now these kids are full fledged anglers.

Mission accomplished?

I'm in. I'll just send a cheque. Easier than me learning how to electronically. I should learn. What is Pay Pal? I'm not kidding, I've heard the word.

Art I have a contact that does hats and T shirts for me for our annual Golf tourney. Email me a jpeg of the text for hats and T's and I will get a price. I would buy one each for sure. The major cost is based on the numbers of units then the quality of the T shirts and hats, then the size and number of colours of the text. All I can do is get some prices if you wish.

Paypal is a company that you can set up an account attached to either a credit card or bank route number and pay bills. It keeps your credit card # from the vendors and if you have an issue they will help get things straight. I use it quite often on the web so my credit card # is not in a lot of different data bases. With the email address I was able to send an amount from USD to CAN for I think 3 dollar fee and he has the money instantly.

Here is a brief wiki

PayPal's services allow people to make financial transactions online by granting the ability to transfer funds electronically between individuals and businesses.[63] Through PayPal, users can send or receive payments for online auctions on websites like eBay, purchase or sell goods and services, or donate money or receive donations. It is not necessary to have a PayPal account to use the company's services.[63] PayPal account users can set currency conversion option in account settings

Art

I use the Interac email transfers directly from my bank account. Fees range from .50 to 2.00 unless you're doing huge amounts. Takes from 30 seconds to an hour for it to go thru. No charge cards involved at all and fully secure to boot. The only bump in the road is the receiver has to answer a security question created by the sender - and that's a no brainer once you've done it.

Rick, my friends might be back by the 30th so I may be a little earlier in my effort if that's the case.

Michael

Good for you Rick by putting forth the effort to organize this fund raiser. I will definitely send a donation. I prefer to use email money transfer, so simple & easy. So easy even I can stick handle around the techy stuff. Should I use the email address you provided me with?

Good for you Rick by putting forth the effort to organize this fund raiser. I will definitely send a donation. I prefer to use email money transfer, so simple & easy. So easy even I can stick handle around the techy stuff. Should I use the email address you provided me with?

Awesome! Thanks bud!

Yep, same email, ill pm it to ya just to make sure.

If I remember correctly with a transfer youll have to provide me the answer to the security question?

The firs season I held the event was wicked! We raised alot of money and donations and it all went to kids accept the 50/50 draw.

Then two years of crappy ice suspended the 2nd and 3rd yer of the event.

Now this year im hoping we can do it bigger and better! With one major change...

MOVING IT TO LAKE OF THE WOODS!!!!

super excited, got some good local companies involved already! And lots of friends to help out!

I staerted early this year in hopes to gain some more sponsorships, donations etc

Event is moved to second weekend in february

How about an all expenses fishing trip to Lac Seul for 2? Just get yourselves to Dryden and Ill take care of the rest. Bait, travel, gas and even tackle (if needed), drinks + snacks, hopefully some fish and a shore lunch all included. Will also include a keepsake video on a flash drive :).

Edited by limeyangler

How about an all expenses fishing trip to Lac Seul for 2 with a shore lunch ? Just get yourselves to Dryden and Ill take care of the rest.

As in youll guide? If thats the case that would be amazing!

Only issue I could think of was the tourist anglers we got. A few showed up from as far as 500km away(statesside I believe)

If I coud work that out with ya that would be an awesome prize on your part Simon!

500 KM away is the closest Wall Mart isn't it Rick?

Mmmmm, a OFC G2G,( get together) at Lake on the Woods? Interesting. I would pass on the ice fishing derby and head up there in the spring or fall. That would be July and August looking at the latitude on the map. Must be cold in February. I can't believe there wasn't ice last year. On the river no ice, right?

I'll gather up the stuff after the games today Rick and will send it ASAP. No picking through it for yourself.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

500 KM away is the closest Wall Mart isn't it Rick?

Mmmmm, a OFC G2G,( get together) at Lake on the Woods? Interesting. I would pass on the ice fishing derby and head up there in the spring or fall. That would be July and August looking at the latitude on the map. Must be cold in February.

Lol. Walmart is 25km away

February here isnt really any colder than where you are I dont think? Unless its a cold front Id guess -15 to -20 ish.

3 years ago it was like -7. The slush was hard to deal with. We used a gator with tracks to weight fish. This time around were gonna do a central weigh/release station(s)

Imagine the cost and timing issues of a GTG on LOTWs? ???

It would be epic, and epic expensive

Edited by manitoubass2

Too bad it's such a long drive. 22 hours from St. Catharines! I'd be there for sure! Driving through areas north of the Soo, then Schreiber, Rossport on those steep hills in a snow storm would not be much fun. Fly to Thunder Bay, rent a truck for a week - dam I have good ideas!!

As in youll guide? If thats the case that would be amazing!

Only issue I could think of was the tourist anglers we got. A few showed up from as far as 500km away(statesside I believe)

If I coud work that out with ya that would be an awesome prize on your part Simon!

Like I said, they get themselves to Dryden and i'll guide them for the day. Guidin' @ Dryden. My new service…..catchy. I have my boaters card, all the safety equipment on board. I'm not asking for money so its not 'guiding' which cuts out all liability….lol…i think. They will have to get their own fishing licenses if they need them and make sure they have them on their person on the day. I am running an Alumacraft 16.5' with very comfortable premium seats. I have a new Minn Kota Ulterra with i-Pilot Link, none has to even move…JUST FISH!

Can arrange the time that suits the winner, prefer to go beginning of July onwards. Prize must be redeemed within 3 years….lol.