i must be getting old but......

slidehammer

I have been fishing with rapalas since the early 70s. I remember using my Pa's lures out of his old metal tackle box. God forbid if I ever got a snag and lost one.

Was in my favorite tackle shop and picked up a couple of new lures but I'm not sure if I should fish them or take the hooks off and make earrings out of them for a Christmas gift for my gal.

IMG-20161115-00561.jpg

Today's lure prices are ridiculous. I look at companies like Jackall the past couple years, Live Target the years before that, and shake my head. Rapala is a proven winner for anglers around the world and their prices are lower. Hopefully people don't buy too much of the over-priced other options. Would hate to see all other reasonable lure companies look to raise prices within the margins.

You gotta take those there beasts Slide, and drag'em just behind the boat on St.Clair with a long bite leader to keep 'em in your tackle box for later.

Edited by Moosebunk

I bought no less than 100 plugs and spoons from a guy that owned a flea market in Jarvis a few years ago. I have about 2 grand of antique lures. A few original Eppinger Dare Devils and Little Cleos. All for 40 bucks including the cardboard box. A few lures that have the company names went out of business in the early 20th century. I will never sell them. I bet my wife does when I'm dust for 45 bucks.

I bought no less than 100 plugs and spoons from a guy that owned a flea market in Jarvis a few years ago. I have about 2 grand of antique lures. A few original Eppinger Dare Devils and Little Cleos. All for 40 bucks including the cardboard box. A few lures that have the company names went out of business in the early 20th century. I will never sell them. I bet my wife does when I'm dust for 45 bucks.

Im first in line???

J/k but seriously if and when I pass ill have my wife send ya a gold jig(and ya better not sell it)