Humpbacks, Halos & Misty Maple Moonshine.

Moosebunk

This Autumn the Agent Stevie Zebco and I snuck away for a short Fishin’ Mission out on the big Lake Nipigon. As always, he and I rolled with some punches and kinda sorta just made it up as we went. Finding some friends along the way, we took in some night time campfires and day long hooksets. Not entirely your typical turn of events and not entirely your typical fish either, but with the Agent along anything is possible. As always, it’s yours to read into if ya want...

http://bunksoutdoorangle.com/humpbacks-halos-misty-maple-moonshine/

002_zpskrmgskmg.jpg?resize=800%2C534

015_zpswgob0zxz.jpg?resize=800%2C537

Bunk.

That Stevie is a great lad. He stole my money at the poker table, but i took the pot in the derby that year! Nipigon is right at the top of my list. 2017 is the plan. Maybe see you up there....

He is Shayner! Would love to see him on a Bogie return too. He'd do it if he can. What should happen with Nipigon is a cabin gets rented for 9 anglers, 3 to a boat but go for two bloody weeks. Any rainy days we just play poker straight through.

Thanks for the post Andrew, I appreciate it.

Can't wait for the spring. Thanks for the report as always it was a great read.

Thanks guys!

He is Shayner! Would love to see him on a Bogie return too. He'd do it if he can. What should happen with Nipigon is a cabin gets rented for 9 anglers, 3 to a boat but go for two bloody weeks. Any rainy days we just play poker straight through.

Thanks guys!

Lets do it then.

S.

• 2 weeks later...

bunk, your report about this mythical lake makes me almost as close to being there as I can be without ever actually going. It also reminds me a lot of home, a place where the lakes dont have cottages or boats in the background, just you the water and some willing fishies.

Some day I too will venture back home and do much the same, but only I can hope to have half the success you had on this trip.

Thanks for the write up.

Thanks guys! Obviously love the place cause if I think about it, there's probably over 100 hours just in driving back and forth to it a few times a year. Nipigon is as close to the remote arctic a guy can go, without having to fly anywhere. And we know there's awesome fish to be had.

Another hour of living precariously through Mr. Bunkers life. Always a great read Drew, now I have questions. What type of paint do you use to colour the Coho and Musky to make them appear to be Brookies and Pike? Good job on the colouration. The knees and back aren't what they once were and I would give anything to be 52 again. Enjoy it ALL now Drew, no one knows what tomorrow will bring.

A indoor facility tip when there is none. When the crew from Hamilton had the cabin in your neck of the woods on the Ottawa (Westmeath actually Lac Coulonge sic) and the outhouse was a tricky trek in daylight let alone the dead of night we used a 20 litre pail with Kitty Litter in it. I know you won't do what Mikes teen son did once and that was to throw it on the fire, man not a good smell.

Good fishin' young man and good livin'.

Another hour of living precariously through Mr. Bunkers life. Always a great read Drew, now I have questions. What type of paint do you use to colour the Coho and Musky to make them appear to be Brookies and Pike? Good job on the colouration. The knees and back aren't what they once were and I would give anything to be 52 again. Enjoy it ALL now Drew, no one knows what tomorrow will bring.

A indoor facility tip when there is none. When the crew from Hamilton had the cabin in your neck of the woods on the Ottawa (Westmeath actually Lac Coulonge sic) and the outhouse was a tricky trek in daylight let alone the dead of night we used a 20 litre pail with Kitty Litter in it. I know you won't do what Mikes teen son did once and that was to throw it on the fire, man not a good smell.

Good fishin' young man and good livin'.

John... I deal with enough bucket emptying at work some days. lol I'd rather be like a bear and just ***t in the woods.

Camera (now in the shop getting repaired) has a polarized lens cover. It makes colors pop, cuts down on glare and is easier to keep clean. Without it, colors are certainly more dull in the photos. As for the coho specks and muskie sized pike... Well, it's really only about 70% EAP that does that. lol.

What.. you don't need to fly there??? Now you tell me... :whistling:

Some are more privileged than others. lmao!