Your "GO TO LURE"

GBW

im a serious multi species angler..i probably have 1 for each species and each situation. Its impossible to say im throwing one bait though.

the thing i fish the most is the

daiichi standout dropshot hook with a jackall cross tail shad it will catch anything

Edited by AKRISONER

This is mine if not using smoke.

There is a reason we are friends????

Black jig head and Kalins "bluegill" coloured 4" grub.

Its dark blueish hue with fleck

That and Yum black grub with the silver fleck tail. I have to order these now because I cant find them local.

No matter the lure type im tossing black is a heavy favorite

Edited by manitoubass2

How important is head colour GBW?

Good question! It sure seems to me it does, but I have no scientific data to back that up.

One could simply state "well I catch more fish on black jigheads) ie myself, in which you could retort "well you use a black jighead roughly 85% of the time".

And you would be correct.

The results are skewed because different coloured jigheads have not been used an equal amount of time.

Then you add in species, weather, water clarity etc and its a virtually impossible model to distinguish a clear result

I was usually targeting bass when i could still fish, and usually had between 4-6 rods rigged at once. The water I was fishing had a lot on influence on lure choice, not much, if any surface bite here for smallies in 15-25 feet of water on Lake Erie. Some inland lakes and bays of Lake Erie don't have a lot of good areas for crankbait or lures with exposed hooks, so choices varied.

Waters with largemouth? a 6 inch worm or lizard, texas rigged, lightly weighted for a slow swimming retrieve in shallower weedy woody water.

Live target Mouse for top water bass. Perch husky jerk for toothy critters. Senkos wacky rigged weightless when I am confused. One of the reasons that dark colors work so well when fishing deep is there are shade differences between black and absence/reduced light. When you use the primary colors they are absorbed by water so as light loses that color band they become the same color as the surrounding waters. Black however will still show up as a bright spot or a dark spot in the water thus more visible in most cases.

Art

Tubes. In all colours and sizes. 12 months of the year

Hahahaha remnds me of earlier this summer.

I had never used tubes outside of laker fishing.

I picked up 4 packs of tubes and some of those northland inertube jigs.

I went to my favorite spot at the rapids for bass.

I was txting GBW at the time.

I tied on this colour thats was kinda like light rust

First 4 casts I had 4 nice bass. GBW was laughing at me as I was kinda getting mad that I had never bothered with tubes before lol

In an hour and a half I think I ended up with 22 or so bass and a few were 4 club

I didnt even try another colour or change baits. Every fish came on the same tube lol

Tubes are deadly!

Edited by manitoubass2

Hahahaha remnds me of earlier this summer.

I had never used tubes outside of laker fishing.

I picked up 4 packs of tubes and some of those northland inertube jigs.

I went to my favorite spot at the rapids for bass.

I was txting GBW at the time.

I tied on this colour thats was kinda like light rust

First 4 casts I had 4 nice bass. GBW was laughing at me as I was kinda getting mad that I had never bothered with tubes before lol

In an hour and a half I think I ended up with 22 or so bass and a few were 4 club

I didnt even try another colour or change baits. Every fish came on the same tube lol

Tubes are deadly!

Yeah I was LOL at you that day. Every text got funnier too as the number piled