Dog has a sour belly? Try this! NF

Headhunter

Like many others here, I have a pup here at home and from time to time, he gets a sour belly. We can't be sure what it is that causes it and it is only occasionally at best, but he does have times where he is either throwing up or pooping like crazy.

A friend, who is a certified dog trainer, suggested that I give my Lab pumpkin. I know it sounds weird, well it did to me anyway, but canned or fresh, just give the dog a table spoon or so. I was quite surprised that he immediately ate it up and coincidence or not, he stopped throwing up.

I hadn't heard of this before, so i thought I would pass this tid bit along as I know we have a number of dog owners here and maybe they could use this info.

If it saves a trip to the vet, it's worth the $2.99 for a can.

HH

My dog gets a tablespoon or two with each of her three meals. Great for some solid pooping! When she has an upset stomach though, she won't eat anything. Some breeds just get that in the mornings. On those mornings, she'll usually eat some oatmeal or plain white rice - but not her regular meal. Normally by the afternoon she's OK and eats her kibble.

I have a basset hound that we got as a rescue; skin and bones and full of worms. Sickliest dog I have ever had; vet thought we might have to put him down. After a couple of mouths of meds and I wont say how much $$, he's starting to put on some good weight; happy puppy always playing and running around.

But between the worms and possibly all the meds, he's developed what I call a princess belly. He was either barfing or has pudding butt.

Our cure (Vet's suggestion) to help keep him regular, about 2 oz. of low fat yogurt everyday. After a few days he started getting better and could actually make it to the door and ask to go out to do his business.

I now have ice cube trays filled with yogurt; he gets a frozen treat everyday when I get home from the shop.

Dan.

Been using it for years with my English Bulldog and now both my French Bulldogs....pumpkin works like a charm when they have the scoots!! Also the yogurt works great too, Dan that is really smart to put in ice cube trays!! We do that with the pumpkin.....

Chrispy!