Kicking off the fall with a new PB!

PBenson

So over the summer I didn't film much musky fishing. I tried a lot of new spots on St Clair and started to learn how to cast the lake successfully. Now that the fish are starting to move into the rivers I'm back fishing hard and filming it. We went out last week and the morning started from really slow. Casted as the sun came up with no luck. After a couple hours we decided to start jigging. Again slow. Finally on the last drift of the day my bait got SMOKED by my new personal best musky. A solid 49" x 19". Just short of 50" but that will keep me hungry for the rest of the fall! Check out the video below!

Again the jig!!!

I bought a second bondy... now I have a black one and a white one

I'm planning to try jogging a bit when it's cold and I don't wanna cast

Honestly I prefer casting, jigging hurts my arm and shoulder after a while...however you are right, on those crazy cold days when casting will freeze your hands, jigging is much preferred.

I can troll for hours. I can cast for hours. But jigging? Ten minutes and I'm done. Not sure why, just can't do it

You lived on Simcoe, jigging is the way. Well not for musky. LOL

Great fish and ya, those colours are awesome.

Edited by Brian B

Great vid, looking forward to more, waters cold, muskies starting to chew flies as well, 10 and 12 wts getting a workout, would love to head to LSC best chance at a 50 on the fly, but fall is so unpredictable weather wise, and its a 5 1/2 hour drive for me, went there once in the fall Nov and went for 4 days and only the first day was fishable, the rest we sat at the mouth of the Thames and drank whisky which wasnt bad either, and watched the dudes fishing the mud, which been a steelheader muddy rivers is not a good thing