A Website Announcement.

Moosebunk

Admittedly I have procrastinated on creating a website for several years. It was probably around 2010-11 when leaving one private website, seeing another suffer a crash and watching two others completely fold up, that I found myself racing around the www to sites remaining, trying to collect as many of my online stories as I could in order to save them at home rather than lose them forever. The hope thereafter was to some time finally have a place where 12 years of fishing stories could be archived and shared with any people interested. To essentially have some place to call my own.

With the help of our own T.J. here at OFC, now that place exists. Bunks Outdoor Angle.

A member of several public and several private forums, formatting and editing between them is becoming more time consuming and rather annoying. Some sites don’t allow certain words typed or things said, while others do. Some sites do not allow more than so many characters in a single post, though some allow infinite. One site actually prefers such big stories to be linked to some place else. I have had moderators even pull entire reports down out of spite. Some reports are being lost, have been lost, taken or misplaced. Some of my content has been found stolen to other sites. Family and friends can’t always view the stories because of firewall settings conflicting with certain forums or, they can’t log on, or they merely lose track of the original link. And even now, with my own site, writing a post there will require some formatting entirely different, which will of course just add up to more time and work. Bottom line, I am a busy guy who parents, works, travels and fishes a tonne, I am simplifying my life at no cost to anyone, but for great gains to me and my own.

Moving forward I plan to continue checking in at the websites and writing about fishing as I always have. People on the forums understand that big reports are quite an undertaking, but for me have always been a labor of love. If you have enjoyed them then, you will enjoy them now and into tomorrow. Nothing in the stories will change. A local pioneer of the big report, I will provide an honest and enjoyable reading experience, as I always have. Anglers should fully know by now that a Moosebunk report is the real deal.

Currently the site is just finishing up some final tweaks in the gallery. Seventy stories are already uploaded, archiving 2010 to present. The WarCanoe Journals section will see many of the old northern reports dating 2009 back to 2004 return to existence, and to kick this site off the first report linked is one you will not want to miss. "A NUNAVUT NOMAD FOR ARCTIC CHAR."

Nobody is forcing ya, but visit when and as often as you like at... http://bunksoutdoorangle.com/

Bunk!

Edited by Moosebunk

Nice! That arctic char photo... easily top 3 catches I've seen around. Such a beautiful fish, never gets old. Only ones that come close are those massive auroras people rarely catch.

Moosebunk, there are some solutions to your problems;

1. Use HTML formatting for everything. I don't know of any place that doesn't allow HTML posts. This would make cross-posting a breeze.

2. You can use wayback engine to recover long-lost posts. Here's OFC in 2011.

3. For stolen content, register at imgur.com and put your images inside posts. If someone steals content, you can switch up the image URLs. It's a lot of work, and I'm not sure if it's even worth it, but at least it protects your stuff. There's also a way to watermark images that aren't shown on your own site. Forget how though.

Great looking site

I will visiting it often. I need to but some reading glasses for those epic reports

Got to hate it when people steal your work. When people steal mine I just rename a pron photo with the fishing photo on the hosting photo site or a photo with swearing on it. Then watch how long it takes then to notice and change it on thief site. Oh and you have to change the photo name on your site first. Lol

why the hell doesnt bunk have a fishing show already...seriously? ...ya id so rather watch a half hour of guys holding fish out of water for 5 minutes while they tell me how awesome berkley powerbait works...

I need to give this report more time and the attention it deserves...this is the report we have all been waiting for.

If Drew had his own show he would be at the mercy of the advertisers and before long he will be selling tires and trucks like all the rest.

Great looking site Drew, congratulations and best wishes going forward.

EDIT: I just took the time to read the Nunavut Arctic Char article. It took me an hour but I am no speed reader and I back read several times. The article is not a fishing report. It is a life report. I can see no closer way of getting to know citizens from any area of the globe better than to work in the Health Care industry. Up close and personal. A southern construction worker goes to a northern camp and gets to know other southern construction workers, not the experience of a health care professional. We here in southern Canada complain about everything and when you look at how others in this country have to live what exactly do we have to complain about? I have never seen shelves in stores here close to being 10% empty. Two of us in southern Ontario can waste enough food to feed an entire family up in remote northern communities.

I don't know what colour those Char really are. Somewhere between mesmerizing and God like. Calling them Red really doesn't do them justice.

Keep up the great work Mr. Bunker.

By the way 500 hours of work is 3 months of 9 to 5 Monday to Friday. You did it in 4 weeks! Did you ever sleep?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Well done Drew. Lots of great reading. I know Terry and I have one guide service you offer on our minds. Just need to get our dates worked out, and then contact you. Oh wait, we need to contact you first for when the bites are best. LOL

All the best on your new adventure.

Akrinsoner. I agree Uncut Angling is a great show. It is however not part of mainstream media as far as I know it's Internet T.V. Bunk would be at the mercy of the suits if he did make it in that network TV world, I don't think he would sacrifice his art or integrity to sell stuff we don't need or want.

congrats on the new site. Do you actually sleep?

A tonne actually.. and pretty well half asleep the other half of the time. Rat race it is!

Nice! That arctic char photo... easily top 3 catches I've seen around. Such a beautiful fish, never gets old. Only ones that come close are those massive auroras people rarely catch.

Moosebunk, there are some solutions to your problems;

1. Use HTML formatting for everything. I don't know of any place that doesn't allow HTML posts. This would make cross-posting a breeze.

2. You can use wayback engine to recover long-lost posts. Here's OFC in 2011.

3. For stolen content, register at imgur.com and put your images inside posts. If someone steals content, you can switch up the image URLs. It's a lot of work, and I'm not sure if it's even worth it, but at least it protects your stuff. There's also a way to watermark images that aren't shown on your own site. Forget how though.

All good to know. Much has been simplified now though with the new site and pretty sure that most if not everything left from the past, has been recovered. Images from the new site, in the gallery, will be tagged. Other images from posts... well, too late or just going to chance it. Do appreciate this insight though, I'm actually not techie at all and even my uncle within seconds simplified a head scratcher with my truck light wiring today.

Great looking site

I will visiting it often. I need to but some reading glasses for those epic reports

Got to hate it when people steal your work. When people steal mine I just rename a pron photo with the fishing photo on the hosting photo site or a photo with swearing on it. Then watch how long it takes then to notice and change it on thief site. Oh and you have to change the photo name on your site first. Lol

Last one I caught, some Nipigon brook trout catches ended up in a PQ Outfitters gallery. Goofs!

why the hell doesnt bunk have a fishing show already...seriously? ...ya id so rather watch a half hour of guys holding fish out of water for 5 minutes while they tell me how awesome berkley powerbait works...

I need to give this report more time and the attention it deserves...this is the report we have all been waiting for.

If Drew had his own show he would be at the mercy of the advertisers and before long he will be selling tires and trucks like all the rest.

Great looking site Drew, congratulations and best wishes going forward.

EDIT: I just took the time to read the Nunavut Arctic Char article. It took me an hour but I am no speed reader and I back read several times. The article is not a fishing report. It is a life report. I can see no closer way of getting to know citizens from any area of the globe better than to work in the Health Care industry. Up close and personal. A southern construction worker goes to a northern camp and gets to know other southern construction workers, not the experience of a health care professional. We here in southern Canada complain about everything and when you look at how others in this country have to live what exactly do we have to complain about? I have never seen shelves in stores here close to being 10% empty. Two of us in southern Ontario can waste enough food to feed an entire family up in remote northern communities.

I don't know what colour those Char really are. Somewhere between mesmerizing and God like. Calling them Red really doesn't do them justice.

Keep up the great work Mr. Bunker.

By the way 500 hours of work is 3 months of 9 to 5 Monday to Friday. You did it in 4 weeks! Did you ever sleep?

John, I too know exactly how many hours that equates too. The on-call can be grueling, there are days we receive few to no calls while on-call after our 8 hour work shifts, but oftentimes 16 to 24 hours of work straight through comes into play... the max we could reach in the stations I have worked is about 40 hours straight. It would likely never happen that way though, as other members in the team would have to intervene. I have been lucky and only had one 24 hour shift so far. Slept well after that. The previous 6 week contract was 650 hours. I'll tell ya, in 3 months this year it was nice to get about 8 months worth of work done, had the other 5 months to myself. ;) No more begging and bending over to hospital administrations for me.

The other points you made were bang on!

As for a show... I've tried to get Max (who filmed Bill Spicer and I on Nipigon this past summer) to come along in the boat. Trade off was that I teach him some fishing and he keeps the camera rolling, then we make a show and split any You-Tube earnings. Too busy a guy so far, despite saying he's interested.

YES!!!!!

Handsdown the best fishing reports ive ever read!

Anytime I see a thread started by moosebunk I frantically get all my stuff done so I can read the report in detail without skifting through.

Even then ill re read a report 5 or 6 times in awe

Great idea bunk!

You rock Rick! Usually read the report that many times too... and edit... and edit. lol

Site is bookmarked and will be visited often. Always enjoyed your stories. Hope that the one with the handdrawn fish is in there !!!

Dan... those pics are still around and if there isn't a report to go with 'em, I'll make you one. lol. Funny you remember that. Ole FLOATFISHIN came up to the Moose one time and he actually brought me a new pack of crayons for a gift. lol. Those days on this board and F-H were golden man!

Well done Drew. Lots of great reading. I know Terry and I have one guide service you offer on our minds. Just need to get our dates worked out, and then contact you. Oh wait, we need to contact you first for when the bites are best. LOL

All the best on your new adventure.

Thanks Brian. Offer always stands, ball is in your court.

Thanks gang!