Hair jigs/bucktails - Where to buy?

Tjames09

I've been making my own for a few decades. Just need jig heads, bucktail (any fly tying outfit will have them - the whole piece of the tail is cheapest), a cheap fly tying vice, and a fly tying bobbin with strong fly tying thread. It's easy, and you can make them as long and thick as you want, in many colors, and can paint the heads any way you want.

I've been making my own for a few decades. Just need jig heads, bucktail (any fly tying outfit will have them - the whole piece of the tail is cheapest), a cheap fly tying vice, and a fly tying bobbin with strong fly tying thread. It's easy, and you can make them as long and thick as you want, in many colors, and can paint the heads any way you want.

Might have to try that for my worn out bucktail Muskie in-line spinners.

I have several that are pretty naked of hair but otherwise still good.

It can be tough to find good ones even here in the states with a bigger market, some of the people making them really cheap out on the hook quality.

I used ones like this for years, they would catch just about anything, and some big fish for a 1/8th ounce lure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlebaits-Bucktail-Hair-Jig-Olive-2pk-1-8oz-/112142913280?hash=item1a1c3d0f00:g:-VkAAOSwNRdX4SRX

I took Uncle Josh pork grubs and threaded rubber from a koosh ball I took apart to make legs on the grub.

Ebay has a lot of them listed, but most are USA locations.

Go to Kawartha bait and tackle on queen st. In Lindsay.

Jerry makes.them and has all that you desire

I was going to offer the same info. He'd hook you up on all sizes and colours too, just never with black for this area.... :whistling:

What are you looking for (weight/style/species)? I may be able to help.

Walleye and SMB. Weight between 1/8-1/4-3/8

Thanks for all the replies guys. Ive been in the lindsay bait and tackle, will he make them to the color and weight Im looking for?

Walleye and SMB. Weight between 1/8-1/4-3/8

Thanks for all the replies guys. Ive been in the lindsay bait and tackle, will he make them to the color and weight Im looking for?

If he doesn't have in stock and it's a typical he wood make them I'm sure. He's got lots in stock ready to go already

I started my own business last year selling Trolling Flies, lead-free hair jigs and ice fishing lures.

I carry a variety of jig heads style and weights. I use primarily bucktail and rabbit zonkers, but I do use other material as well

My website is got2bite.com or you can check out my facebook page Got2Bite Fishing Tackle.

James

Got2Bite

Go to Kawartha bait and tackle on queen st. In Lindsay.

Jerry makes.them and has all that you desire

This makes it x4...I haven't been down there for a couple of years as I.m pretty well stocked up. He carried a good supply of Phenix tubes...

Edited by Beans