1.7 mil USD Supercar Bugatti Veyron

Old Ironmaker

Art, I did 215 k once on my GPz 750. It always feels twice as fast on a bike....I miss that thing, but my riding days are done....

You should see what I have in the garage now. My brother and I restore old motorcycles and cars as a hobby. We have some good examples of the 70's and 80's Yamahas including an RD and a RZ 350 two strokes. A SR 500 and XS650 are our current 4 strokes. A VW convertible was a few years the winter restoration and for this year a Karmann Ghia gets restored.

Art

You should see what I have in the garage now. My brother and I restore old motorcycles and cars as a hobby. We have some good examples of the 70's and 80's Yamahas including an RD and a RZ 350 two strokes. A SR 500 and XS650 are our current 4 strokes. A VW convertible was a few years the winter restoration and for this year a Karmann Ghia gets restored.

Art

I used to love the old two strokes like the RZ but there weren't many left in good shape by the time I was riding. My Dad use to tell me stories about watching the 750 triple two strokes race at Mosport before I was old enough to start going with him. Those must have been insane to ride!
Here's a (really) old pic, it might be the only one I have of my bike - this was before digital pictures....
GPZ.JPG

Supercars are neat and all, but the fact that many of them need electronic systems to be controllable kind of takes the fun out of it for me. If I had the money I'd be looking at Ariel Atom or a Caterham Super 7 for the fun to drive factor.

I've got a lot of respect for these guys. Build your own supercar.

My favorite line: "The power's good, but now it's to slow. I can't accelerate in 5th gear"

I buried the needle on my Dads 69 Beetle coming down the Burlington Skyway with a huge wind at my back. 100 MPH and then the front wheels came off the ground. I've hit 200 and something KPH in my 560SEC Benz but the VW coming off the ground was scary.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Art

You need to get yourself a Boss Hoss 502... that's 502 cubic inches! On a road legal motor bike.

Edited by JohnBacon

I buried the needle on my Dads 69 Beetle coming down the Burlington Skyway with a huge wind at my back. 100 MPH and then the front wheels came off the ground. I've hit 200 and something KPH in my 560SEC Benz but the VW coming off the ground was scary.

Hope you were TO bound coming down the skyway in that Bug, in 69 there was still a toll plaza on the Hamilton side. :tease: Also had a scary moment with the front end of the Bug, hit a set of tracks at about 50 and had the steering damper go, massive wobble in the front end till i got slowed down and stopped.

speaking of rz's, if I ever become filthy rich, I'll have an RZ 500 in the garage

https://youtu.be/G1M8BIca1ko

and one of these, a 77 srx 440

had a 77 srx when I was a kid fast then would get creamed today, don't miss the 3 inches of suspension travel lol

https://youtu.be/xUCkDrO1fnA

god bless Yamaha 2 strokes

Thanks Tom, the 2nd link was great. I love the look of those 70's 911's.

I'm a sucker for older 911's. Look up Magnus Walker's work for some beautiful cars. But, with my stage of life it would probably be better to get that 1000hp Diaper Viper in the same video.

I'm a sucker for older 911's. Look up Magnus Walker's work for some beautiful cars. But, with my stage of life it would probably be better to get that 1000hp Diaper Viper in the same video.

I will look it up tonight.

I'm past the van stage now but I would still drive that one as it's the ultimate 'sleeper' out there....

CTSVYARD.jpg

speaking of rz's, if I ever become filthy rich, I'll have an RZ 500 in the garage

and one of these, a 77 srx 440

god bless Yamaha 2 strokes

Loving the old SRX!

My good ol' 6 speed stick Caddy V tops runs up to 165mph pretty quick still.