1.7 mil USD Supercar Bugatti Veyron

Old Ironmaker

I can't seem to copy and paste anymore. Go to Wikipedia and enter Bugatti Veyron. It has more info than the Bugatti site.

This car has always left my head shaking. This is the most expensive and that will get you the fastest production car in the world at $1,700.000 USD. The Canadian exchange alone will buy you a Supercar.

A few crazy facts,

• W16 engine producing 987 BHP. W not V because it's basically 2 V8's bolted together.
  • 0 to 100 2.3 seconds. Doesn't shift to 2nd gear until 120 KPH.
  • Worlds fasted production car averaging 431 KPH
  • Replacement tranny, $120,000.00. If someone can afford this rocket no biggie
  • Set of tires is 25K and can only be mounted in France for a nominal fee of $70,000.00. What does 70K get you?

Who makes this car? VW.

this car has been around a while ironmaker...there are faster cars that have been developed including a car developed by koensigg that has a power to weight ratio of 1...thats right...1hp per lb.

I just saw the new Koenigsegg rims this week.

They are super sweet carbon fiber deals.

Much sexier than the original ones. :)

http://www.powernationtv.com/post/new-carbon-fiber-wheel-design-of-the-koenigsegg-regera

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I just saw the new Koenigsegg rims this week.

They are super sweet carbon fiber deals.

Much sexier than the original ones. :)

http://www.powernationtv.com/post/new-carbon-fiber-wheel-design-of-the-koenigsegg-regera

Thats the regerra

the koensigg one is the fastest car in the world now top speed 273mph

base price....2.8 million

Koenigsegg_One1_Rear_031.jpg

I know they have been around for a long time actually but an episode of a Velocity show building them reminded me. I have been saving enough to get one. Bugatti before Koenigsegg any day.

Wormdunker, that's 125 bucks a truck tire more than I paid last year, nice Coopers. If I could pay less for a new tire I would.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Ill take the veyron anyday. Man that one nice looking car!

I love that video of the british fella testing its highest speed

He says something to the effect of " at full speed the tires will blow out in 12 minutes. But dont worry, youll be outta gas in 8 minutes" hahahahah

Edited by manitoubass2

$95,000 USD for a new set of tires too! And that doesn't cover the cost to get the wheels to France and back again with the tires mounted, oh my. Maybe the next US Prez will get 1 bullet proofed for his motorcade. Or just out run the bullet.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Well I tell yah I've been radared at 181 MPH on the highway in my younger days, on Tornado tires from CTC no less (and drove that way many nights).. and it took a few beers to not over steer even with a manual steering box! Good luck to someone with a wallet of cash and a G licence keeping that thing on the pavement at 273! Sounds like a "Gene pool" car, but then again most probably said that about me back in the late 70's/ early 80's as well.... :jerry:

Well I tell yah I've been radared at 181 MPH on the highway in my younger days, on Tornado tires from CTC no less (and drove that way many nights).. and it took a few beers to not over steer even with a manual steering box! Good luck to someone with a wallet of cash and a G licence keeping that thing on the pavement at 273! Sounds like a "Gene pool" car, but then again most probably said that about me back in the late 70's/ early 80's as well.... :jerry:

That's 289 kp/h!!!! What were you driving???

That's 289 kp/h!!!! What were you driving???

My intrepid was governed at 182 lol

Ive been in a few of steve arpins rally cars that sure go!!!

One of my not so finer moments...19 years old i broke up with my girlfriend on a friday night at 11pm..hopped in the car in Georgetown and made it to my cottage in pointe au baril by 12:30

I didnt go below 160 and topped my mazda speed protege out at 235.

Dutch the cop showed me the radar gun upside down and said "it doesn't matter it reads the same"! Told me "to pick his daughter up in my father's other car tomorrow". LOL. That was a '76 Fury Sport with a 400, it was only good for about 125. Only dated her for 3 weeks. Johnny was a town cop just sitting at the town limits and I was on the highway in OPP territory. I shut it down and rolled in behind his cruiser. We use to borrow his LTD from time to time and leave the keys in our cars so he could find us to get his cruiser back.. the good old days. :canadian:

Still have the car... in parts right now as I do a full restoration. My '69 Bee, 4 gear with a 2.73:1 rear end in it vs the 3:23 that should be in there as stock. Getting close to paint while I thrash at concours restoration on all the mechanical and interior.

Dutch if you've even seen the rallye dash in a '69/70 B Body, the round speedo goes to 150 MPH, then has a 1.5 inch blank spot before you can get the needle back to the 0. That was 181 mph in mine, took about 8 miles to get it there...

Edited by irishfield

Dutch the cop showed me the radar gun upside down and said "it doesn't matter it reads the same"! Told me "to pick his daughter up in my father's other car tomorrow". LOL. That was a '76 Fury Sport with a 400, it was only good for about 125. Only dated her for 3 weeks. Johnny was a town cop just sitting at the town limits and I was on the highway in OPP territory. I shut it down and rolled in behind his cruiser. We use to borrow his LTD from time to time and leave the keys in our cars so he could find us to get his cruiser back.. the good old days. :canadian:

Still have the car... in parts right now as I do a full restoration. My '69 Bee, 4 gear with a 2.73:1 rear end in it vs the 3:23 that should be in there as stock. Getting close to paint while I thrash at concours restoration on all the mechanical and interior.

Dutch if you've even seen the rallye dash in a '69/70 B Body, the round speedo goes to 150 MPH, then has a 1.5 inch blank spot before you can get the needle back to the 0. That was 181 mph in mine, took about 8 miles to get it there...

Thats epic!!!

Best I have done was on a KZ1000 152 mph or 244.6 kpm. once was enough. I had to scrub the heck out of the seat to get the stain out.

Art

Art, I did 215 k once on my GPz 750. It always feels twice as fast on a bike....I miss that thing, but my riding days are done....