RR Walleyes

manitoubass2

Weather was prime for a shorefish today so off I went.

Fishing has been terrible as the shiner run was a lil late. Last time out I managed 20 walleyes but they were all 6-10"s long???

Anyhow she turned on today! No big fish yet, probably by the weekend, but....

For 3 hours I caught walleye after walleye! It was really fun even though I got rained on and snowed on.

A few smaller 8"ers but most were 13-17"s.

I did lose one bigger eye at shore which was a bummer.

Kept 4 for the pan tonight!

Every fish was caught on a black 3/8 oz jig with a black matzuo 4" swim bait. Only changed to replace ripped apart baits 3 times.

All fish were on the sand in 20FOW

WOOT WOOT!

Awesome

The fall patterns should kick in in a week or 2 here as well... we can choose between numbers or size or a mix of both....

Love catching 20 to 30 14-22" eyeballs in a morning

Im the same mike!

Those big girls will be here any day now!!!

I have no idea how many fish I caught but it had to be close to 50. Almost every cast. Love those days!!!

That knife is really nice. I noticed it earlier. Multiple fish doesn't happen much for me but when it does I never know when to stop thinking I'll save some for tomorrow but that never comes. Just one more, OK one more and that's it, OK one more and I quit. It happens with Greenie Smallies here on small Black Fury's only once with Walleye on the Bay of Quinte, Big Island and Shad Raps. I have a spot that holds those small Smallies and where there's 1 there's 50.

Hey Rick, if they were migrating Erie Pics your arm would fall off. That fish plate looks prettttty, prettttty good.

Nice job Rick, thanx for posting pix. Those walleye are awesome! Maybe I should get a job at New Gold, then I could share some fishing with you! 50 in a morning of fishing - amazing. I'm gonna check Meanfield Tactical. I've always wanted a knife of that quality. Your plate for dinner makes me drool.

OI, by sunday itll be armbreaking. No more eaters, everything will be 25 to 32"s

Brian, I sincerely hope you return one day not only to visit, but to FISH!!!

AKR, it gets silly here during the shiner run! Its not even worth putting the boat in lol. They stack right up in the back eddie about 40ft from shore. And they eat everything lol

HH, ill work on my smile! I really wasnt paying attention to my pics and well, I guess you noticed it lol

LeXx, ya gotta fish NW ontario at least once in your life! Ever hear of limeyangler? Doods got fish in his yard lol

Thanks for all the replies.

Also, about my knife. Search up meanfield tactical on facebook. They make all sorts of knives and they custom make to your specifications. Well worth the price! Made just up the road from me in the rainy river township

Speaking of good looking plates of food, 4 carbs on 1 plate Rick, maybe 5 if there's flour in the crumbs? For anyone that grates their own bread crumbs a few fish fillets covered in bread crumbs is almost 1/3 loaf of bread maybe more. Extra time in the gym today? What a Debbie Downer eh? I'm jealous as I don't remember what Pickerel tastes like.

Speaking of good looking plates of food, 4 carbs on 1 plate Rick, maybe 5 if there's flour in the crumbs? For anyone that grates their own bread crumbs a few fish fillets covered in bread crumbs is almost 1/3 loaf of bread maybe more. Extra time in the gym today? What a Debbie Downer eh? I'm jealous as I don't remember what Pickerel tastes like.

Corn is null and void lol

The beans are also high in protein and fiber.

The fish is breaded and fried yes, but its still high protein.

No defense for the panfries???

But I took 6 grams of fish oil with the meal and that helps slow the glycemic response and nutrient partitioning. Also had a whey isolate shake before bed

It was a good day to eat like crap(from a nutritional standpoint) because yes, today is leg day at the gym!!!!

Ya might not see it under all my layers, but I went from 215lbs to 196lbs in the last 6 weeks. Ahhhh muscle memory

Edited by manitoubass2

Looks like a good time for sure. The blade blank on the knife is a 154 CM if it is made by the manufacture I think it is. It is harder than 440c but has the same corrosion resistance and the edge while harder to sharpen it holds an edge quite well. The case is a thermo plastic that comes in sheets that once heated with a paint stripper gun becomes moldable and gives you the nice tight fit so try not to leave it on the dashboard of a car in the summer it can be reshaped from heat above 160f. That's like a billion Celsius right lol,

Art