Under armour base layer

mike rousseau

Hey gang

Looking at getting under armour base layer

Can't decide between 2.0-3.0-4.0

Also im 6'4" about 300 pounds... anyone close to my size own this product to help me with sizing?

Any feedback on this product would be appreciated

Thanks

Edited by Mike Rousseau

Hey gang

Looking at getting under armour base layer

Can't decide between 2.0-3.0-4.0

Also im 6'4" about 300 pounds... anyone close to my size own this product to help me with sizing?

Any feedback on this product would be appreciated

Thanks

Dont order it mike, trust me. Their sizing is odd

Go to a place you can try it on

Abd fyi i still like helly hanson better

I have the helly Henson one piece as well

I want this for a base layer

Thats what im talking about mike. Helly hansen makes em too

And get their socks while your at it!

Ive had my under layer for 9 years and its still does the trick like a boss

I initially bought my gear for winters in the oildfield waaaay up in northen alberta

Trust me its top notch gear

Edited by manitoubass2

, synthetics will have an odor rather quickly.

I have under armour as a base layer. Wear it pretty much every weekend all fall and winter. Bring it home and hang it up to dry then wear it again the next weekend and repeat and repeat. Doesn't get washed for months. NEVER had an issue with odour.

But to the OP's question. Love this stuff Mike and wouldn't do without it. However I can't help with sizing or which version I have. It's probably 10 years old and the writing inside has long been unreadable. However the version I have has the longer cuffs that pull over the back of your hands and has a thumb hole for your thumb. Really like this feature.

I also wear Icebreaker merino wool long johns & long sleeved undershirts. They are very warm, cozy & nice fitting. I hardly know I have them on. They are also odor free after wearing them several times. Also if wool gets wet, it is still keeps you warm. I'm 5' 11", 200 lbs. I wear XL.

I got my under armor base 2.0 at marks work warehouse and I wear it for fishing and snowmobiling at -30 and have for years ....they work and are great...yes don't go by size chart you have to try them on mike...I also have a thin marino wool 2 piece but I like the under armor better well worth the money at -45 winchill on my sled doing 80 miles per hour....

I suggest you look at what some of the others are recommending.

Prior to retiring part of my job entailed outfitting people for specialized needs.

This included setting them up with Under Armour base layer clothing.

The sizing was crazy.

An average sized guy less than 6' with a 32-34' waist could not get on a medium or large size bottom and would be swimming in a small size top.

Everytime someone was given their stuff they'd think we were playing a joke on them because the sizes were so unlike what they were used to having.

Often to appease them we'd give them the size they thought they were and without fail they'd come back saying they couldn't even get it completely on.

There were also times tops had to be replaced because the odor could not be removed, even after multiple washings.

If you decide to go with UA you better try them on first.

I've had a chance to try out a few different brands, including Under Armour. Best bang for buck value are the Helly Hansen body wear.

Providing a link below to give you an idea of what they look like and for the price, just can't be beat. And they're warm.

http://www.dynamicaqua.com/helly.html

I think the best idea is to find out what your activity output is. For snowboarding/high output activities, you'll need one that provides you the best sweat management system. As we all know, when you get wet, you lose heat. If you're mostly going to be stationary, get the thickest one and just layer accordingly. And you should probably take into account what your own body generates heat. I know some people who just never get cold and with others, the total opposite. IMO, purchase accordingly.

Synthetics are great, durable, and dries fast. The only bad thing I can think of with synthetics is some people report them not smelling too great. Really, it's body dependant. Pros for merino is that they're natural, very minimal body itch in fact SUPER comfortable, and doesn't retain the stink that synthetics can. Cons being: Expensive and they don't dry as quickly as synthetics.

I use merino wool as a base, icebreaker to be exact, synthetics will have an odor rather quickly. Sizing wise i would suggest to try it on, i went by the charts and they didn't fit well. Im 6'1 240 and wear a 2xl shirt.

This is the stuff right here.

I won't give UA a single dime.

Icebreaker is way better anyways.

S.

Crappieperchhunter, man if you wear the same underwear unwashed for months how would you know if it smelled?

LOL. Debbe has an AWESOME sense of smell. If it was a problem my UA would have been turfed or washed millenniums ago...trust me on that. The fact that it hangs on a coat tree in the bedroom for months on end without being washed or thrown out is all the proof I need that unpleasant odour is NOT a problem.

Merino wool gets a HUGE nod from peeps I respect...like Sinker....but since I have not gave it a go myself I can't truthfully evaluate. BUT....when I bought my UA merino was MUCH more $$$$...like 3X's the cost... so I went with UA...cause I'm close to my dollars :P

Edited by crappieperchhunter

LOL. Funny because I'm a printer and ALL my work cloths smell like my printing environment. Funny what we get used to and call "normal"

So true! When i worked for weyehaueser i loved the smell of wood. I couldnt get rid of it but i actually liked it lol

My wife, not so much lol

Edited by manitoubass2