A boating question.

Old Ironmaker

Off topic but I just don't get why guys will get behind the wheel of a boat without liability insurance but would never back a car out of a driveway without automobile insurance.

Automotive liability insurance, is a law; that comes with a fairly hefty fine. What's the first three words out of a cop's mouth, when you get stopped; license, ownership and insurance and there are still idiots driving the roads without insurance?

Not sure if this will come out right; but the right person or the right person's family hasn't been hurt yet to have boater's liability insurance mandated. I mean someone with the financial, legal and political clout to force the law through; but it'll happen someday.

People will whine and complain; but I think it should be law. The same as any other motor vehicle, used on public access roads; why not waterways?

Dan.

Are you sure about this information? My insurance company has the info from my capacity plate as well as the horsepower of the engine which is above the recommended although only 5hp above the max rating. This information is all recorded. I think they would have difficulty automatically making a policy null and void at the time a claim is made after underwriting with all correct information provided.

LOL ..... tell you what, you go write off your boat and tell us how it goes.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie