The Baril

Musky Plug

Hey guys,

Would just like to start by saying thanks to everyone for the welcomes.
I'm going to combine both my trip to Pointe au Baril into one post because they were only 3 days each.
First trip up there was at the end of August, we were there from Fri-Sun. Stayed at a decent cottage 5 minutes from the station down the main channel. Weather for the trip was ok, rain all day friday, part day saturday. Of course Sunday the day we leave was the best day but turned out to be the big fish day with my buddy catching a 41" ski and me catching a 38" pike. Both were caught within a couple minutes of each other, different locations however, both trolling.
My buddy's 41" ski
Musky41.JPG
My 38" pike
Pike38-1.JPG
So our second trip was at the end of September again from Fri - Sun. Ended up staying at the same place again. This time weather was about the same, with rain friday, none on saturday and heavy rain on sunday. So we did manage to catch some one pickerel, bass and the gf managed to catch a 40" on the Saturday afternoon.
We are hoping to head back up at the end of the month for a pickerel/musky trip if work permits, if we do I'll make another thread about that as well. Thanks guys.
Side note: Was only able to upload 2 pics onto the site, even though they were smaller than the 250kb, that's why the other pics are on the photo bucket. Have I done something wrong or are you only able to upload up to that amount? Any help would be appreciated. Also did the links for photo bucket work? Thanks.
Musky Plug

Nice! I always wanted to fish out of there in autumn. I spent a week in the summer fishing there and it was so busy I hated it. However, there were so many areas that looked amazing for pike fishing that I really wanted to head back in autumn. Good to see a report from there.

Geez and I thought I might have been picking on him a bit much in his introduction thread. Maybe he doesn't need his face recognized for reasons we don't know and he doesn't feel a need to discuss it. Perhaps he's just shy. Who knows and who cares? I sure don't.

Nice catch! I think it's the IMG code you need to paste in from photobucket to get the pictures to appear, as I said before it's been a while.

Keep 'em coming!

Michael

nice and congrat's on the catches

When I first started posting here I blocked out my face.

Then I realized OFC accepts my ugly mug.

Or maybe they dont? I just post it anyways

Howd that musky taste???

like chicken

Too funny Brian! Mine sinuses is burning from the pepsi that I just shot all over my monitor. Oh well, guess it (and my sinuses) needed a good cleaning anyways! (any secrets for stopping the burning?) Betcha Musky Plug's next post will copy your idea!

Michael

Nice! I always wanted to fish out of there in autumn. I spent a week in the summer fishing there and it was so busy I hated it. However, there were so many areas that looked amazing for pike fishing that I really wanted to head back in autumn. Good to see a report from there.

Summer time there is busy with traffic, but as soon as labour day comes it drops right off. There were hardly any boats out when we were there.

Geez and I thought I might have been picking on him a bit much in his introduction thread. Maybe he doesn't need his face recognized for reasons we don't know and he doesn't feel a need to discuss it. Perhaps he's just shy. Who knows and who cares? I sure don't.

Nice catch! I think it's the IMG code you need to paste in from photobucket to get the pictures to appear, as I said before it's been a while.

Keep 'em coming!

Michael

Just personal preference, will change eventually. Thanks dude.

Well some do,some dont. Who cares.

Nice fish.

ggg-1_zpsuu7ukfjz.jpg

Lmao. I cried. :rofl2: