Small Fishing Report - Cameron Lake

hutch4113

Buddy wanted to try a new lake to both of us - Cameron. He is looking to catch a decent size Muskie, and while we knew the sizes may not be there, we understood that Quantity might be - so off we went.

One thing he has going for him is what I will call "The Streak" - > if he is captaining the boat, someone on board will catch something - just not him. :wallbash: .

Unfortunately, this continued to hold true -> however as he stated, at least we did not get skunked.

This hit around 10AM:

IMG_6088.jpg

By no means a big one for me (Would have been great however if he or his daughter who was with it caught it).

Too bad really because it hit like a freight train, ran a couple of times, jumped completely out of the net, and ran again after we thought it had been contained. Then when I ready to release real gentle like, it tail flipped in the face (completely deserved) and took off. As such I was hoping that it meant active fish. Sadly - that was it for the day.

But it was a gorgeous day to be on the Water - and fishing beats work any day of the week, and twice on Sunday :Gonefishing: .

20161004_184525.jpg

Nice looking fish! Casting? trolling? lure? Lets hear the story! I also opened this hoping to see a "no pike" siting report. Its been a while since I have fished up there but hope to go to Balsam soon. Hopefully the musky fishing has not started to suffer there yet

Nice looking fish! Casting? trolling? lure? Lets hear the story! I also opened this hoping to see a "no pike" siting report. Its been a while since I have fished up there but hope to go to Balsam soon. Hopefully the musky fishing has not started to suffer there yet

My buddy who resides on the burnt has caught two pike this year up river. Also heard of a tiger out of cameron recently.

Since it was a new lake for us, we mainly trolled so we could cover water. Went up and through Burnt River as well. The only fish we saw all day is the one I caught, so can't really say anything on Pike - other than we did not catch one, or see one.

I was throwing a Matzuo Kinchou. I have become addicted to those lures - introduced to them by Mystery Tackle Box. I really like the flared gills on the fish, and have had excellent success in catching pretty much everything with them. I wish they had them in bigger sizes, but strangely I still seem to catch big fish, with smaller lures.

My buddy who resides on the burnt has caught two pike this year up river. Also heard of a tiger out of cameron recently.

Tigers showing up in Cameron more frequently now, not the size of Balsam tigers but give it a few short years, and Musky 666 Balsam muskies still doing very well, with a good shot at a mid 40s Hybrid to boot