Schooled up on a Scattered Pattern - PB SMB - Nickel Status

Leecher

Whitespinnerbait and I been hunting smallies the past couple of weekends and must say, they are putting on the feed bag :) Hight light of our last trip, got myself a PB of nickel status for my efforts :) 20" inches long and 5Lbs even :) Trip prior to this, took selfies of the bigger specimens :)

Like the title says... they are schooled up but on a scattered pattern.... and hungry :) We had to work hard to find them but once located, it was a blast :)

Sand flats around weed patches near drop offs and submerged stumps was the ticket, anywhere from 6' to 15' fow.... they were willing to chump on a variety of lures like: white spinnerbait, white Big'O, 7" white shad rigged texas style and Yum Crawbug on a Stand Up Alien Head jig and Thunderstick :)

Surface lures was not producing much to my surprise but Paul did get a few on Chugbug & Spook. All fish released to be fought another day. Now enough of the jibber jabber and onto the pictures... FISH ON and enjoy :)

Personal best - 5Lbs even - 20" long

20161001_174450_zpskcpshg8w.jpg

Double Pleasure

20161001_160542_zpswopuj5e8.jpg

Another Beast

20161001_174348_zpsfz77d47y.jpg

Brute

20161001_123159_zpsleyzhv0g.jpg

20161001_092634_zpsakiwqe5v.jpg

20161001_092648_zps0y8k1sod.jpg

20161001_135806_zps0l7zxdgk.jpg

20161001_135753_zpskp1mfdcv.jpg

SMB Selfie

20160918_123859_zpswumxrg3z.jpg

20160918_150650_zpsx10miwhl.jpg

20160918_150150_zpsghdxtbgq.jpg

20160918_135121_zps7gsljmiz.jpg

20160918_132216_zps5huptzom.jpg

20160918_141237_zpsamuqsu4p.jpg

Nice! some fatties there!

Thanks OhioFisherman!!! They sure are B):D

killin it gents, well done.

where are you getting those yum crawbugs from...i really like the looks of em, and with the discontinuation kinami psycho dads i have been looking for a replacement.

Thanks AKRISONER!!! I got those at Sail in Ottawa... Smallies loves them :)

Them Bronze Backs would put you into some big money Summer tourneys. Nice goin'.

TJ, I have a golf buddy that can be your older twin, right down to the tooth gap, shades and Red/Black shirt, eerie actually. If you want to know what you will look like in a few years just grey the beard.

Them Bronze Backs would put you into some big money Summer tourneys. Nice goin'.

TJ, I have a golf buddy that can be your older twin, right down to the tooth gap, shades and Red/Black shirt, eerie actually. If you want to know what you will look like in a few years just grey the beard.

Thanks Old Ironmaker!!! It's brutes after brutes :o in a tourney, we'd of won for sure :D lolll beard is getting there lolll

nice bigguns !

Thanks msp!!!

Some fine footballs right there!

Thanks Gallie!!!

Super nice fish...good job.

What was the water temp?

Thanks grimsbylander!!! 60 degrees like WSB said

60 degrees ...

Thanks Paul!!!!

TJ & WSP killed it!

Wow guys! Great fish! Looks like almost all those are 4lbs plus (in my perverted mind)!

Awesome report and congrats on the PB "jock"

Thanks Rick!!! You are not hallucinating.... those are 4+ smallies you see they were stacked up on sand flats along drop offs

It is Hawg Smallie season here on Erie. Nothing to haul in one 5 after another on a simple drop shot rig drifting a shoal drop off, 25 to 30 feet of water. If your going to get a 7 plus now's the time. The problem is getting a day where it doesn't look like the north shore of Oahu

It is Hawg Smallie season here on Erie. Nothing to haul in one 5 after another on a simple drop shot rig drifting a shoal drop off, 25 to 30 feet of water. If your going to get a 7 plus now's the time. The problem is getting a day where it doesn't look like the north shore of Oahu

B) Go get'm!!!

Now that's some awesome fall smallies !! Tanks for sure ..... well done guys

Thanks fishindevil!!!

Edited by TroutJunkie