Humber River Atlantic

Jon

Craig's picture of the Brook Trout in the Humber spurred me to take a trip down last week to photograph the Chinooks and whatever else might be around. It has been a few years since I last went and I always enjoy a few hours down there to see the fish and the crowds. As it turns out, I also lucked out and managed to get a photo of an Atlantic Salmon jumping at one of the weirs.

Atlantic%20Salmon%20-%20Lower%20Humber%2

I know this will probably turn into a debate about the program but I thought it was a post-worthy picture regardless.

Jon

any idea what that fish cost tax payers? :)

great photo none the less!!!

Not near as much as the cancelled gas plants, e health or the ornge fiasco, and the saga continues with premeir square head, and trudeau, how much is trudeaus trips far and wide costing us, does he ever stay home and deal with issues in his own back yard, there are many

great pic of an Atlantic btw,

Years ago did some woodlot survey work for the Dept of Lands and Forest, ( that's how long ago it was :canadian: ) There was a good population of brookies in the Humber upstream from Bolton at that time.

I can go as far back as that. There were some real fatties. Fished a stretch that ran through a kids camp for 3 years. Helpped to be one of the counslors. SP wrong. I got so many kids involved. They loved it. Not sure what it,s like now with the over populationing thing.

If there where still brookies and Browns in the upper reaches of the Humber and tributaries, no one would talk about it on the internet.

36 years ago dont count.LOL

Seen much damage and over population since then. Makes me just remember and keep driving by, knowing back then, it was just that, back then.

as a kid I would fish the humber in the spring, and like someone already said, all I ever got were suckers and lamprey eels. Used to wade the river in my shorts and sneakers specifically targetting lampreys...found many many babies that met their demise.

Are you sure that they were not brook or silver lamprey rather than baby sea lamprey?

Edited by JohnBacon