Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BillM said:

What was the call on Marner?  A slash?  in OT?  That ref should be sent down to ref minor hockey.

I just watched the 6 minute reel. There was NOTHING, that contributed to a penalty shot. That was total bull.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, misfish said:

I just watched the 6 minute reel. There was NOTHING, that contributed to a penalty shot. That was total bull.

Look again!!!

See that guy in the black and white striped jersey with the orange armband?

That was the sole cause of the penalty shot!!!

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Babcock would get Frédérick Gauthier to watch some highlights of Lindros and his physical play, i heard Gauthier was called 'the gentile giant'. It would be nice if babcock could send him out after someone hits one of his 11 million dollar players and delivers a big bodycheck.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mikeh said:

I wish Babcock would get Frédérick Gauthier to watch some highlights of Lindros and his physical play, i heard Gauthier was called 'the gentile giant'. It would be nice if babcock could send him out after someone hits one of his 11 million dollar players and delivers a big bodycheck.

 

Everytime the Goat is on the ice I'm praying he uses that 6'5 frame and obliterates a D man into the boards while in the offensive zone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I'm still not a fan of him at all, and I don't know how he kept his job after last season, but the goat has looked better this season

can't they medicate him with angry pills or something 

 

 

He needs a little bit of Cam Neely in him.   Hell I'd settle for 50%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chris.brock said:

 

can't they medicate him with angry pills or something 

 

 

When my son played I had a parent ask if I put a thumb tack in his helmet!! Lol He said he was the most polite kid ever...until he stepped on the ice. Lets get the big man a couple thumb tacks!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

thank Christ Hughson or bob cole isn't commentating tonight, but these clowns are no better, gallie and yes man guy

I'm watching on SN1hd, know our audience, this is disgusting, I don't want to hear all this pro habs, habs are so great crap

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they know better, but if 1 scab fan says anything at work Monday morning, I'm darn ready to throw fists, I'm darn pissed

I think babs has got to go sooner than later, like akri said

we need a new face, a young guy who relates to the young players and a guy that respects toughness and wants some hammerheads on the team to have the backs of the skilled creampuff guys

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hutch had a great 2nd period.

13 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I think babs has got to go sooner than later, like akri said

I have to agree Chris. There is something rotten in that room. Just look at the players faces on the bench. They are not happy. No talking  on the bench. Babs just looks down and mudders to himself. Did you catch when he had something to say to the assistant coach. The coach just looked forward like ,screw off. If this is THE TEAM, to get to the cup, they better do something.

NOW

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Dillon laid out Duclair real good in the sens game tonight, clean hit but he was vulnerable for sure. Right away Tkachuk goes over and has a little chat. Later Brady made sure he finished good and hard on a Karlsson hit. Message sent.  As a Sens fan and an old time hockey guy I'm loving the fact that our top line winger is tough as nails just like the rest of his family and has no problem backing it up. He's getting real good on face offs too, they're not shy to use him on his strong side. In fact he set the family record tonight for fewest games to 25 goals, beating out his old man by 5 games. That is huge bragging rights in that household...

 

Cheers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 9:15 PM, chris.brock said:

thank Christ Hughson or bob cole isn't commentating tonight, but these clowns are no better, gallie and yes man guy

I'm watching on SN1hd, know our audience, this is disgusting, I don't want to hear all this pro habs, habs are so great crap

Its funny to hear you say that about hughson. He is a die hard leaf fan. I am so sick of him propping up the leafs with more powerful adjectives than what he says about the opposing team. The guy is a clown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, smitty55 said:

Dillon laid out Duclair real good in the sens game tonight, clean hit but he was vulnerable for sure. Right away Tkachuk goes over and has a little chat. Later Brady made sure he finished good and hard on a Karlsson hit. Message sent.  As a Sens fan and an old time hockey guy I'm loving the fact that our top line winger is tough as nails just like the rest of his family and has no problem backing it up. He's getting real good on face offs too, they're not shy to use him on his strong side. In fact he set the family record tonight for fewest games to 25 goals, beating out his old man by 5 games. That is huge bragging rights in that household...

 

Cheers

Yeah, was a fun game to watch.

Bodies flying everywhere!!!  :thumbsup_anim:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, smitty55 said:

Dillon laid out Duclair real good in the sens game tonight, clean hit but he was vulnerable for sure. Right away Tkachuk goes over and has a little chat. Later Brady made sure he finished good and hard on a Karlsson hit. Message sent.  As a Sens fan and an old time hockey guy I'm loving the fact that our top line winger is tough as nails just like the rest of his family and has no problem backing it up. He's getting real good on face offs too, they're not shy to use him on his strong side. In fact he set the family record tonight for fewest games to 25 goals, beating out his old man by 5 games. That is huge bragging rights in that household...

 

Cheers

I watched the games as well and THAT was a great game. Gritty and super competitive.

The Leafs have built the perfect replica to the 2010 era Oilers....young, highly skilled, and zero toughness. We all know how that played out. 

I'm not convinced this is a Babcock issue quite yet. He plays the cards he gets dealt by Dubas/Shanahan and they are open about skill over toughness. The Red Wings teams under Babcock were not exactly powderpuffs. It's all about balance.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So one of the guys on TSN1200 was in Toronto for the weekend. Went out to a restaurant Saturday night. One big tv on the wall and it's the Raptors game on, no volume, not the leafs game. Later he goes to a bar with some big screens and small. All the big screens were carrying the Raptors game volume up and the small screens had the leafs game with no sound.

It wasn't that long ago a bar in TO wouldn't dream of playing basketball over hockey. Goes to show what a championship season will do to a city's fan base.

 

Cheers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smitty55 said:

So one of the guys on TSN1200 was in Toronto for the weekend. Went out to a restaurant Saturday night. One big tv on the wall and it's the Raptors game on, no volume, not the leafs game. Later he goes to a bar with some big screens and small. All the big screens were carrying the Raptors game volume up and the small screens had the leafs game with no sound.

It wasn't that long ago a bar in TO wouldn't dream of playing basketball over hockey. Goes to show what a championship season will do to a city's fan base.

 

Cheers

You have to remember it was in the urban metroculture of Toronto , probably soccer would be bigger than hockey there as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Squid said:

Its funny to hear you say that about hughson. He is a die hard leaf fan. I am so sick of him propping up the leafs with more powerful adjectives than what he says about the opposing team. The guy is a clown. 

I guess we're just both biased, delusional fans, lol

I know he lives in Vancouver. I'd swear he hates the Leafs. The BOS/ TOR games are the worst IMO, I'd swear he has romantic feelings for Bergeron. 

Seems like a nice, polite, decent, family guy, but damn, I wish Bowen was back on TV

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

 

I'm not convinced this is a Babcock issue quite yet. He plays the cards he gets dealt by Dubas/Shanahan and they are open about skill over toughness. The Red Wings teams under Babcock were not exactly powderpuffs. It's all about balance.

 

I don't know if that's correct Grim. I think Babcock has more input into all aspects of team management than most coaches.

His team in Detroit went against the grain and was the 1st team not to have an enforcer, the wings also had very low PIMs compared to the league average when he was coach

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not even November yet, people really need to slow down and relax.  You wanna know where the Bruins or the Blues were this time last year in the standings?   A few key guys are on their way back, let's slow down on the fire sale for a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...