2019-2020 Hockey Thread

15 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

^^^ I don't think Jimmer was under estimating anything...I think he was making a joke. At least I hope so because I thought it was funny. lol

Correct, however, in some weird way; maybe that isn't such a bad idea.

I don't think I went into detail about the D or Komorov either, but I agree with Akrisoner about the way the series started against Boston last year. I'm hoping for better results this season.

• Like 1

Now we see how the laffs will do facing adversity. One more injury like this and the laffs will be in trouble. Looks like AM is going to have injuries as part of his career, sucks but that happens.

Not wishing any injuries on anyone but they are bound to happen.

14 hours ago, chris.brock said:

If I was a Jets fan I'd be pissed, lol, nice late game steal boys!

From AM's facial expressions after getting hit, I'm worried it might be a significant injury.

It sure looked like he knew exactly what it was.

Ok, I'll be that guy... does anyone else have concerns about Matthew's long term ability to stay in the line up? We have begun referring to him as the "The Glass Man" here at the house as he seems to get injured a lot. Is a guy who plays 60 games a season going to be worth the money he's going to be asking for next spring?

There, pot stirred!

HH

1 hour ago, Headhunter said:

Ok, I'll be that guy... does anyone else have concerns about Matthew's long term ability to stay in the line up? We have begun referring to him as the "The Glass Man" here at the house as he seems to get injured a lot. Is a guy who plays 60 games a season going to be worth the money he's going to be asking for next spring?

There, pot stirred!

HH

I hear what you're saying, but Crosby went through the same stuff for a number of years.  We can only hope he gets through this and puts it in the past.

I like Matthews work ethic. The last time he had a shoulder injury Babcock said he hit the gym and put a lot of muscle on. Now another shoulder injury, I feel like he is going to do what it takes to get through this and get back as soon as possible. 

From what I have heard Matthews breathes hockey for breakfast lunch and dinner 365 days of the year. Glass man or not, I'd give him what he wants. He'll figure it out.

34 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

I like Matthews work ethic. The last time he had a shoulder injury Babcock said he hit the gym and put a lot of muscle on. Now another shoulder injury, I feel like he is going to do what it takes to get through this and get back as soon as possible. 

From what I have heard Matthews breathes hockey for breakfast lunch and dinner 365 days of the year. Glass man or not, I'd give him what he wants. He'll figure it out.

I agree , i think he will learn and adapt his style of play ... however some players have bad luck ... hopefully he won't be one of them 

I'd like to see him use his size more and hopefully, not be on the receiving end of the hits.

So at this point, he has had both shoulders injured inside a year. Safe to say that other teams will be gunning for him and his wonky shoulders.

HH

Instigator penalty needs to be removed.   The hit on Matthews was fine, I don't know why anyone is making such a big deal about it.  He wasn't head hunting, it wasn't a knee.  It was perfectly clean.   Only reason why we're even talking about it is the outcome.    Man, it's hockey, **** happens.   

Absolutely not, Semenko or McSorley would eat you alive, lol!   I still think that should happen today.  Try to make a big hit on of of the leagues top players, you should have to answer the dinner bell.  Hate the instigator rule.