2019-2020 Hockey Thread

3 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Yeah, no doubt they stepped it up and played a better game.  I won't argue that.

Laffs got one back by sheer compete level, Boston looked off but the laffs took it to them

OK!!!! Quick, shut down this thread!!! I've seen it all!!!!! I can die a happy man. Whew!!!!!! :rofl2:

4 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

I love my leafs but winning 2 of 3 games in Boston especially the slaughtering they gave them games 1 and 2 is a hard hill to climb.  

I see your OFC handle is based on your laff watching experience  lol

Go Bruins

11 minutes ago, dintymoore said:

The better team won. Chara is a beast. The Leaf defense still sucks, and they'll never win a series until it's addressed.

The better team won and will finish the leafs off but Chara is no beast . Hes slow but his reach lets him get away with that missing step. If not for that span he would be done.. 

1 hour ago, dintymoore said:

The better team won. Chara is a beast. The Leaf defense still sucks, and they'll never win a series until it's addressed.

Chara is a very tall pylon...and was exposed several times. I really thought the Leafs were the better team until those 2 on 1 goals were scored. Rask was the difference. As a Leaf fan it's not about winning the cup now. It's about incremental improvement. I'd like to see them win in Boston with Kadri. Drop Moore....and keep Plec on the top line.

6 hours ago, BillM said:

Can't blame all this on the D.   Where are the superstars?  Matthews?  Nylander?  How many points have those guys put on the board?  lol

Sure can. Both Torontos  for coughing it up and Bostons Team Defence for closing down the neutral zone and collapsing like well built, gritty playoff team should. . And the kids  stopped hitting last night. Ya aint gonna make or find room if the opposition isnt afraid to stand there.

leafs played the better game and rask stole it...just like good goalies do sometimes. Kudos to him, he put up a hell of a performance.

Leafs needed a game like that in game 1-2 of this series. Take it away and learn. 

I hope this is all a learning experience for AM...dude was invisible last night with bergeron out. Hes gotta elevate his game and learn how to do it.

Just sucks, the series back in 2014 against the Bruins was entertaining, the series last year against Washington was entertaining. 

I've been finding this series more frustrating then anything. Last 2 games have been watchable but it won't be going to 7. I love the leafs but realistically this ends in 5. 

3 minutes ago, moxie said:

Isnt this year 2 of a projected 5 year rebuild ? What did you "leaf nation" Numpties expect? Take a 420 break and chill out. Or not.

Every day is a 420 day for the laffites,   how else do you think they believe the laffs would win every year for the past 50 years? lol

7 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Every day is a 420 day for the laffites,   how else do you think they believe the laffs would win every year for the past 50 years? lol

I don't recall anyone expecting the Leafs to win the cup.  You did seem to think Ottawa's chances were pretty good though...

8 hours ago, BillM said:

Can't blame all this on the D.   Where are the superstars?  Matthews?  Nylander?  How many points have those guys put on the board?  lol

That's a credit to Boston shutting them down, these are young guys still who have to learn how in a playoff series you have to be dynamic in order to give yourself time and space to get around the veteran defense you'll face being the top pairing