2019-2020 Hockey Thread

52 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Comments like this are not tolerated by Smitty...oh wait, it’s directed at the Leafs, carry on. 😆

All this says to me is you know he's right. See the difference between Smitty and the peanut gallery here is that Smitty is an actual hockey fan and brings intelligent arguments to the table whereas the Lafftard gang are a bunch of homers and wouldn't know a good hockey play if they saw one and simply spew unintelligent garbage . Most uneducated fan base with the biggest mouths with really nothing to brag about except for a couple "OK" regular seasons . See karma won't ever let this team win a cup when you have a history like the Laffs ......you know that equipment manager during the Harold Ballard years and he did it for 3 decades be proud Laff nation ?? I guess we know where Matthews got the idea for his creepy mustache  . How you could ever cheer for a team after that is beyond me but I guess that speaks more to the fans character 

On 1/13/2020 at 6:29 PM, woodenboater said:

If the Leafs want any chance to make it past the first round, they really, really need to solve their back up goalie situation. and maybe their defense as well...

Allowing 3+ goals a game will not win too many, especially come playoff time! They can not continue to try to outscore the opposition every night they will win some but lose more. I liked the idea of starting Andersen every game and pulling him end of first or second if they are up or down by 2 or 3. Having said that, I am not in favour of trading their developing players for a backup or d'men. It's time we find out if defensemen from Marlies can play NHL hockey.

I see there are a few teams talking to the laffs about a potential trade for d-men. I think it's unlikely that they will pick up any d-men without losing a roster player. It'll be interesting to see how desperate they are to pick up a d-man or two. Teams know their desperation and this could play in their favor while negotiating.

And how will they work it with no cap space?

Edited by muskymatt

3 hours ago, hatethelaffs said:

All this says to me is you know he's right. 

As per usual, your reading and comprehension skills are in line with your normal single thought process. 
As for the rest, I didn’t read it. Like usual, your comment will be ignored by 99% of the forum readers. I’m embarrassed for you. Unless you really are a grade 5 kid then: good job!!! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

I see there are a few teams talking to the laffs about a potential trade for d-men. I think it's unlikely that they will pick up any d-men without losing a roster player. It'll be interesting to see how desperate they are to pick up a d-man or two. Teams know their desperation and this could play in their favor while negotiating.

And how will they work it with no cap space?

We'll have to see what happens.

Both Muzzin and Reily out.

6 weeks until the trade deadline.  

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

As per usual, your reading and comprehension skills are in line with your normal single thought process. 
As for the rest, I didn’t read it. Like usual, your comment will be ignored by 99% of the forum readers. I’m embarrassed for you. Unless you really are a grade 5 kid then: good job!!! Lol

Sighhh another weak chirp on your part you must have had a hard time in the schoolyard . All i'm waiting for now is the board drunk and know it all to chime in and I'll know I'm winning 😂 

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

This is exactly what a team in rebuild mode wants. Finish last  and get the first pick. If only Detroit didn't suck a little more than the Sens we would be a lock in. By the way, we have 6 picks in the top 50.

And next year even more. 

😁

On 1/14/2020 at 8:01 PM, smitty55 said:

Chris I'm wondering where you get that idea about the Athletic?  For a new venture they are doing quite well, in just over 3 years they hit over half a million subscribers.The two journalists I'm most familiar with are Pierre Lebrun and Chris Stevenson,  who are both high quality individuals beyond reproach. I guarantee you neither one would work for a National Enquirer type rag.

Cheers

lol,

it's darn garbage, click bait, piere and chris need a paycheck, so they put aside their morals and let the athletic twist their words

it's basically the same as you and the other weirdo twinks on this this thread, except the athletic is in it for money, you guys are in it to feed your miserable hate and comply with the voices in your heads, you both get attention for utter stupidity  

On 1/15/2020 at 11:56 AM, hatethelaffs said:

Sighhh another weak chirp on your part you must have had a hard time in the schoolyard . All i'm waiting for now is the board drunk and know it all to chime in and I'll know I'm winning 😂 

905 658 8753 call or text

grow some balls and let's go for a starbucks

6 hours ago, chris.brock said:

905 658 8753 call or text

grow some balls and let's go for a starbucks

Man you are an angry person Chris. So willing to get physical over a bunch of hockey banter. 😂

I'm guessing you don't consider the fact that assault is illegal.

Or maybe you don't care, or can't think outside that Neanderthal mentality.

Sheese…….go for a beer or something.....relax!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

lol,

it's darn garbage, click bait, piere and chris need a paycheck, so they put aside their morals and let the athletic twist their words

it's basically the same as you and the other weirdo twinks on this this thread, except the athletic is in it for money, you guys are in it to feed your miserable hate and comply with the voices in your heads, you both get attention for utter stupidity  

Wow, do you ever reread what you wrote, your posts are getting worse all the time with your hate filled ridiculous comments. Even your fellow leaf fans must be embarrassed with your lack of class in this thread and personal attacks. Now you're even resorting to slander and you don't even care if what you write is even true anymore. Lol like Chris and Pierre need a paycheck, like how lame is that if it's all you can come up with. I guess you don't watch TSN then right, Pierre is a well respected member there. But I guess you know more than anyone else about the Athletic because I've never heard that from anyone ever.

Pretty sure I have it figured out though. Someone from the Athletic once said something negative about the leafs so in your hate filled fog you paint  the company and all the respected reporters that the Athletic has hired with the same brush. How pathetic that you've sunk this low instead of actually talking hockey like most folks here.

• Like 1