2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Well I hope you leafs fans had fun with all your childish comments. What did you do, put a think tank together and come up with all those comments? I guess that's your new tactic, start commenting on every sens game?

Well looky here, I was just watching the Leafs game. Florida has 4 goals on 12 shots and Andersen gets pulled again. Looks like Andersen is starting to get worn out from having to play too much. Big surprise. So they put Hutch in goal, the leafs get a PP and Florida scores shorthanded to make it 5-0. Go figure lol.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

Well I hope you leafs fans had fun with all your childish comments. What did you do, put a think tank together and come up with all those comments? I guess that's your new tactic, start commenting on every sens game?

Before you get all butt hurt and hypocritical, how about you go back and read the 100+ pages of the Leaf bashing that has gone on before you decided to hop on that band wagon. "Childish comments" lol that's frigging rich. Go back and read two years of comments before crying about comments from Leaf fans.

Oh, Leafs are losing??? 6 more in a row and we can tie the Senatarps colossal landslide. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Before you get all butt hurt and hypocritical, how about you go back and read the 100+ pages of the Leaf bashing that has gone on before you decided to hop on that band wagon. "Childish comments" lol that's frigging rich. Go back and read two years of comments before crying about comments from Leaf fans.

Oh, Leafs are losing??? 6 more in a row and we can tie the Senatarps colossal landslide. 

Lol I wasn't butt hurt at all or crying, I was laughing.

As for all those comments in the past you're right, I haven't read them. But I guess yea, that gives leafs fans the justification to do the same thing eh. So whos the hypocrite then?

2 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

Lol I wasn't butt hurt at all or crying, I was laughing.

As for all those comments in the past you're right, I haven't read them. But I guess yea, that gives leafs fans the justification to do the same thing eh. So whos the hypocrite then?

Sure, not butt hurt at all!!  HAHAHAHA 

I knew you hadn't read them. Your comments make that absolutely clear. Chirping back is ok....being a crybaby about it...not so much.

1 hour ago, smitty55 said:

As for all those comments in the past you're right, I haven't read them

well, I have, lol, and I'd like to inform you, you're as bad or worse a bottom feeding troll than mm

1 hour ago, smitty55 said:

Well looky here, I was just watching the Leafs game. Florida has 4 goals on 12 shots and Andersen gets pulled again. Looks like Andersen is starting to get worn out from having to play too much. Big surprise. So they put Hutch in goal, the leafs get a PP and Florida scores shorthanded to make it 5-0. Go figure lol.

that basically sums up your hockey knowledge and finger on the pulse of the Leafs, we're all awaiting your long winded, 3 page long post that nobody even reads

Edited by chris.brock

Chris I state facts about the leafs for the most part, along with some speculation. I don't know why you would have a problem with that. Here's a few more facts for you just for fun. On at least a couple of posts in the past I have mentioned about how the leafs were likely going to get in trouble from over working Andersen and not having a capable backup. Well it seems maybe I was correct. Andersen has been pulled in 2 of his last three games, and is sub .900 in 5 of his last 7 starts. Some of that no doubt may be due to the Leafs defensive woes, but I don't see any change for the better there. Muzzin is now LTIR so he's done for a good time. Leafs have now lost 3 in a row too, although they have done quite well over all with the new coach. Leafs are now 7th in the conference, Florida is 1 point behind with a game in hand, if they win that one and so does Philly win their game in hand it puts the Leafs into 2nd place in the wild card race tied in points with Philly and one point from being out of the playoffs. Plus Andersen is in the All Star weekend, to bad actually, I'm sure that the Leafs would much rather have him   resting for the 5 day break, he really is the key to the team's success.

These are all facts. If you consider this trolling and Leaf bashing then you're the one with the issue.These same points are no doubt being debated on every sports media out there right now, I'm just bringing it up on this thread for comment and discussion.

After the Sens lost in OT to the Habs there were 5 posts in a row "bashing" the Sens, like so what, no biggee right, it's like normal sports bantering among the guys as I see it. Dave's first one was perfect and next one about the titanic must have been a product of that think tank I bet. Next few were meh hehe. ;) So I didn't respond till later, but again you seem to miss the friendly banter here it seems and react with personal shots. You need to chill man.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 12:19 PM, smitty55 said:

Don't you think you should include yourself in that, you're pretty good at it too. Doesn't take much to get you going, even when it's obviously just poking fun at the Leafs.

Let me get this straight.......

The maple leaf fans have put up with three years of MONOTONOUS,  ANNOYING,  CHILDISH, FOOLISH, INMATURE ,thrash talking bashing and if they fight back......their hypocrites ???

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Let me get this straight.......

The maple leaf fans have put up with three years of MONOTONOUS,  ANNOYING,  CHILDISH, FOOLISH, INMATURE ,thrash talking bashing and if they fight back......their hypocrites ???

Well if they whine and whine about it but then turn around and do the same thing, then yes that would fit the definition. :)

• Like 1

The one thing I think the Leafs need to do is put someone infront of the net and let Barrie take slap shots from the point. He has a hard low shot that could get them a few goals. I also think they need to shoot from the slot more, their shooters always seem to take bad angle shots

9 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

There are hockey gods after all!  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  

Edited by G.mech
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Never in a million years would I trade Ceci.  He's got to be in the top 5 of the  greatest Leaf defenders of all time.  

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:42 PM, chris.brock said:

it's all crap, the athletic is like the national inquirer of sports writing

Chris I'm wondering where you get that idea about the Athletic?  For a new venture they are doing quite well, in just over 3 years they hit over half a million subscribers.The two journalists I'm most familiar with are Pierre Lebrun and Chris Stevenson,  who are both high quality individuals beyond reproach. I guarantee you neither one would work for a National Enquirer type rag.

Cheers