2019-2020 Hockey Thread

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

???? That, was actually hard to read.

Punctuation Chris, punctuation! 

🤣

no problem, I'll simplify it for you guys, hopefully you can grasp this- you haters have turned this thread into a childish, name calling, war of words

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Most overrated player in the nhl, EK or max domi?

EK hands down. So glad we got what we did for him. 

Duchenne is in that discussion as well. 

Not sure what happened in Montreal, they looked like they were going to do well then the wheels fell off. 

Julien has to be worried! 

Edited by muskymatt

8 hours ago, chris.brock said:

you haters have turned this thread into a childish, name calling, war of words

Yet this thread is allowed to go & on & on while so many other threads are locked for far less than what goes on here.

Double standards are always a bad thing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Not sure what happened in Montreal, they looked like they were going to do well then the wheels fell off. 

Only thing about EK is it’s quieter now that he’s gone to California.

max a 60pt max 20 something goal scorer is thrown into the company of mcdavid, marchand, matthews, crosby on the regular.

I wouldn’t even put him in the same dimension as any of the tkachuk’s yet everyone says they are the sandpaper type of players with a scoring ability...ya the tkachuks are exactly that, domi isn’t.

i think people now know duchene is the victim of a good agent that got him overpaid. I wanna say bobby ryan is much the same except his is more related to his cocaine and alcohol problems rather than his inability to perform.

48 minutes ago, Oggie said:

actually the banter is pretty entertaining!   Anyone know why Morgan Rielly isn't playing like the old Morgan Rielly?  Injury I assume ?  Connor McDavid certainly wouldn't have helped him if he has a groin pull! LOL.

It just came out this week that he’s struggling with a lower body injury and I assume it’s a groin. Because if it’s your knee you wouldn’t continue playing a full schedule on it.

unfortunately the only thing that heals a groin is time off, stretching and therapy. Which Morgan cant afford at the moment

14 hours ago, muskymatt said:

I would think Bergevin could be in trouble too. 8 losses in a row now. Plus out of the 11 wins Detroit has 3 were against the Habs.

Edited by smitty55

12 hours ago, chris.brock said:

you haters have turned this thread into a childish, name calling, war of words

Don't you think you should include yourself in that, you're pretty good at it too. Doesn't take much to get you going, even when it's obviously just poking fun at the Leafs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

It just came out this week that he’s struggling with a lower body injury and I assume it’s a groin. Because if it’s your knee you wouldn’t continue playing a full schedule on it.

unfortunately the only thing that heals a groin is time off, stretching and therapy. Which Morgan cant afford at the moment

Hopefully the all star break will give him some healing time.

1 hour ago, smitty55 said:

I would thing Bergevin could be in trouble too. 8 losses in a row now. Plus out of the 11 wins Detroit has 3 were against the Habs.

whats Montreal going to do, continue their xenophobic hiring practices and hire Guy Boucher? what a joke. love watching their overrated team fail miserably now that Carey Price hasnt thrown the entire franchise on his back. The cows are coming home for Montreal, every stupid terrible move theyve made for the past 20 years while being bailed out by world class goaltending is eating them up from the players to the management. Theres no end in sight either aside from a total sell off for draft picks while eating the overpaid salaries of their horrible contracts. They have all sorts of players locked up (price) until 2026 at 10.5 million a year. Not sure what the heck they can do aside from trying to get a pile of draft picks and just pay out money for players to play for other teams.

1 minute ago, AKRISONER said:

whats Montreal going to do, continue their xenophobic hiring practices and hire Guy Boucher? what a joke. love watching their overrated team fail miserably now that Carey Price hasnt thrown the entire franchise on his back. The cows are coming home for Montreal, every stupid terrible move theyve made for the past 20 years while being bailed out by world class goaltending is eating them up from the players to the management. Theres no end in sight either aside from a total sell off for draft picks while eating the overpaid salaries of their horrible contracts. They have all sorts of players locked up (price) until 2026 at 10.5 million a year. Not sure what the heck they can do aside from trying to get a pile of draft picks and just pay out money for players to play for other teams.

Talk on TSN Radio 1200 this morning was that it is highly probable that CP would be looking for an exit out of Montreal. The were discussing options for retaining salary and breaking contract obligations and it was determined things could be put in place to make it happen. This could start with Cary approaching the management first or visa versa. Either way, CP has given his all to the Habs and the immediate future in Montreal is not going to give CP the opportunity to pursue his ultimate career goal of a  Stanley Cup.

If I had to guess, this could even happen this year as I have been predicting this for the last 24 months.

Until the Canadians ownership and management gets over the francophones only attitude, their future looks bleak!

13 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Wasn't it you who claimed that he was possibly the greatest player in the world; or something to that effect?  I guess you don't like him so much now that he is no longer with Ottawa.  😉

Edited by John Bacon

9 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

That's exactly why I figure Bergevin is in as much if not more trouble than Julien. No one can argue with his coaching ability but he can only do so much with the players he has. He's had 7 years to find a first line center for the Habs starting with Galchenyuk in 2012 and in 2018 at 3rd with Kotkaniemi who has only 8 points this year. Meanwhile he had ,4,5,6 and 7 as Tkachuk, Hayton, Zadina and Quinn Hughes he could have taken.

Rumours have it if they lose to the Sens tomorrow something will happen. We'll see.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:19 PM, smitty55 said:

Don't you think you should include yourself in that, you're pretty good at it too. Doesn't take much to get you going, even when it's obviously just poking fun at the Leafs.

For a sports team that will never mean  anything or do anything to enrich one's life. 

Edited by moxie

On 12/31/2019 at 9:23 AM, AKRISONER said:

Lol they should show playoff appearances over the past 5 years too be fair as well right? Winnipeg and Toronto are going to be the only Canadian teams to make it once again this year

And only one of those Canadian teams will have a legitimate shot at winning a championship. Sorry leaf fans.