2019-2020 Hockey Thread

1 minute ago, grimsbylander said:

The irony of an Ottawaa fan critiquing the Leafs is comical. haha Matt, your team is bruuuutal..you know that right? Unfortunately, no one cares in Ottawaa. As soon as they starting losing the "fans" dropped them faster than they dropped in the standings. If ottawaa was a real NHL team, you'd be taken more seriously. Thanks for the laugh.

Is that all you got, that "oh nobody cares" is so lame and getting pretty old. 

😂

11 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Hey I never said Matthews wasn't a great player. He's awesome and if he keeps practicing he might be half the player McDavid is some day.

lmao, imagine ottawa ever had a player that was half as good as matthews...actually maybe the argument could be made for chara being somewhere in the realm...but wait they traded him away for alex chaisson lol

Heatly scored 50 goals, and then begged to get the hell out of ottawa too ahhaa

Edited by AKRISONER

34 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

lmao, imagine ottawa ever had a player that was half as good as matthews...actually maybe the argument could be made for chara being somewhere in the realm...but wait they traded him away for alex chaisson lol

Heatly scored 50 goals, and then begged to get the hell out of ottawa too ahhaa

We've had our share of good players no question about that. The battle of Ontario and the hatred was built on us dominating you in the regular season.....we totally dominated the laffs. We just couldn't et a win against the laffs in the playoffs lol.

That said, the laffs did absolutely nothing once they got past us.....nothing.

Heatly apparently got chased out of town for boinking some high profiles guys wife. He turned and ran from what I hear. Not sure how true that is but I've heard it from a few sources.

He was an arrogant di@k anyway. Kinda like Matthews is 😉

16 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

We just couldn't et a win against the laffs in the playoffs lol.

that 2001 sweep of ottawa was the moment i truly became a hockey/maple leafs fan. I was 12 years old and from that point on ive watched every single game that i possibly can. 

Edited by AKRISONER

15 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

The irony of an Ottawaa fan critiquing the Leafs is comical. haha Matt, your team is bruuuutal..you know that right? Unfortunately, no one cares in Ottawaa. As soon as they starting losing the "fans" dropped them faster than they dropped in the standings. If ottawaa was a real NHL team, you'd be taken more seriously. Thanks for the laugh.

So funny that you actually think you know what fans in Ottawa think, because you actually don't. Just to set you straight, Ottawa fans still care about their team just as much, it's the owner that fans have a big problem with, big difference.

48 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

So funny that you actually think you know what fans in Ottawa think, because you actually don't. Just to set you straight, Ottawa fans still care about their team just as much, it's the owner that fans have a big problem with, big difference.

I guess the Ballard years have been forgotten by the laffites 🙄🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smitty55 said:

If only they cared enough to actually pay for tickets, and attend the games....

Wonder how much the tarps cost to cover the upper level  ??

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, smitty55 said:

Sure they do 😂 They’re ok with Ottawa sucking so bad, they’re just not going to games to get even with a millionaire owner. Haha haha Funny YOU don’t know what Ottawa’s imaginary fans think!! 🤣

4 hours ago, muskymatt said:

I guess the Ballard years have been forgotten by the laffites 🙄🤣

I guess the 56 years that Ottawa couldn’t even justify an NHL team is forgotten by the Ottawaaa fairweather tarp fans?? Lmao 🤣 

It’s been 93 years since the Senioritas have won a Stanley Cup!!! Ottawaaa is going to make the CENTURY club!!!! Hahahahaha That’s going to be fantastic!!! 7 years and counting!!!! :rofl2: Maybe they’ll be “lucky” and move the team to a city that actually appreciates hockey before that happens??? Au Revoir!! 😂 

Edited by grimsbylander

11 minutes ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Just a quick recap here.....

1. Chis is a proud TORONTO MAPLE LEAF fan.

2. November 27th  Smitty55 stated that he didnt intend to visit this thread  very often .......and has 29 replies since saying so

3.MuskyMatt can't be a day over 12 years old

4.Sens fans should keep a low profile....

5. Nobody's input to this thread has less impact and relevance than Whitespinnerbait

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

5. Nobody's input to this thread has less impact and relevance than Whitespinnerbait

6. a guy coming in and spewing crap with the handle hatethelaffs pretty well sums up all you haters relevance posting stuff on this hockey thread on a fishing forum 

2 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

6. a guy coming in and spewing crap with the handle hatethelaffs pretty well sums up all you haters relevance posting stuff on this hockey thread on a fishing forum 

???? That, was actually hard to read.

Punctuation Chris, punctuation! 

🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Just a quick recap here.....

1. Chis is a proud TORONTO MAPLE LEAF fan.

2. November 27th  Smitty55 stated that he didnt intend to visit this thread  very often .......and has 29 replies since saying so

3.MuskyMatt can't be a day over 12 years old

4.Sens fans should keep a low profile....

Well tks Paul, I'm so glad you actually took the time to find that comment and then figure out the math. :)  At least I'm contributing to the thread by sticking up for my team.
Actually I almost made a couple of posts about other teams recently. One about the Habs woes with losing 7 in a row, I heard a stat that since Nov21 Price has let in the most goals in the league, like how wild is that with the contract he has.

The other one was about the Sharks loss to the Caps where they got an empty net goal to go 2 up and still lost the game with the Caps getting 2 goals in the last minute and winning in OT. First time in history of the NHL that has happened. EK65 was -4 too. #sharktank is running well, specially now with Couture out for a good while.

Cheers