2019-2020 Hockey Thread

On 12/26/2019 at 7:26 PM, SirCranksalot said:

80289826_10206468651070548_5805431208657551360_n.jpg

Do they even still make 50 any more ? back then it outsold "  Blue " , well actually it was called Labatt's Pilsner in those days,  ask for a  " Blue  " back then and you would get a Molson's Old  Stock Ale.

I follow Hooked On Hockey and Gloves off Hockey on facebook.  Let me tell you folks here are easy on the leafs compared to what I see there, specially on Hooked on. It seems to be that there's an almost universal hatred for the Leafs no mattter where you go. So at the risk of being accused as a hater by Chris I figured I'd share this stat about the last decade in the NHL

25730170_playoffserieswins.png.92a2f94c2e20f29fe6d6b8f4493b8067.png

Edited by smitty55
spelling

10 hours ago, smitty55 said:

I follow Hooked On Hockey and Gloves off Hockey on facebook.  Let me tell you folks here are easy on the leafs compared to what I see there, specially on Hooked on. It seems to be that there's an almost universal hatred for the Leafs no better where you go. So at the risk of being accused as a hater by Chris I figured I'd share this stat about the last decade in the NHL

25730170_playoffserieswins.png.92a2f94c2e20f29fe6d6b8f4493b8067.png

Interesting stat...I never realized the players got participation medals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Lol they should show playoff appearances over the past 5 years too be fair as well right? Winnipeg and Toronto are going to be the only Canadian teams to make it once again this year

Now that would be simply picking and choosing criteria to make the stats look more in our favor...oh, wait...sorry Smitty.

I'm sure the players post stupid azz stats like that on their frigs in the off season to make themselves feel better about NOT winning the Cup...BAHAHAHAHA Yeah right. Those stats are made up by insecure fans trying to justify why they cheer on a losing team. Like I always say, there's one cup winner and 30 losers.

Lol anything that puts the dreadfully screwed toilet seats at the top of any hockey list right now is basically worth throwing immediately into the trash. Montreal doesn’t even have a chance to try and start a rebuild until 2026! Lol they may be relevant again next decade. And we haven’t even started the actual next decade yet lol!

Truth hurts delicate Laff nation.... you know the 50 plus years of being losers bla bla bla  Takes a certain special kinda person to be a Lafftard . We all know this story early season run then second half choke followed by a first round exit .....history keeps repeating itself over and over and over again . What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over again... forget it you guys wouldn't understand anyways . League has this team figured out in the playoffs regular season means nothing enjoy the white knuckle ride !!

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

It’s just Matt’s extra burner account where he spews his most vile language. That way he doesn’t get banned.

Alright AKR, enough of the crap! I have only one account...…..

I say what I say with my username and account and do it with a bit of tongue and cheek...….

If you accuse me again of this I will take it to the admins.

stifle

Edited by muskymatt

22 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

That 6 is now 14 and that 4 is still a 4, that’s good right?

Absolutely, amazing what a coaching change can do to a dressing room sometimes. I still figure the Leafs could be in for trouble still with a suspect defense and only one nhl goalie who's bound to get burnt out playing too many games. Still half a season to go so time will tell. Scoring will only take you so far.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:20 AM, Rodnreel said:

☝️

Imagine being this kind of "special"  ?

Yes, you'd have to be have some real issues to join a fishing forum for the sole purpose of being an antagonist. 

Hey Art, you see the banter go back and forth with all the usual suspects and 99% of us are still here for the fishing. We all contribute across the board on multiple subjects and though we take jabs at each other in the hockey thread, it does not extend beyond it. Meaning, it's really all in good fun. BUT, when someone joins a fishing forum with the sole purpose of causing trouble, I see that as a problem. Username, all posts, and content is directed 100% at being an idiot with no other contribution to the site. So, with all due respect, this is so obvious that when it goes off the rails, and it will, the admin team can take ownership of it. I just hope it's not one of the valued regulars that gets the boot because they're fed up with this joker.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:30 AM, AKRISONER said:

It’s just Matt’s extra burner account where he spews his most vile language. That way he doesn’t get banned.

Ark, not cool. Unless you have some proof that can substantiate your accusation, you've got no business posting that. I don't know Matt personally, but a he doesn't strike me as a guy that needs to hide behind anything. 

• Like 1