2019-2020 Hockey Thread

6 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I’d have Nylander on bus going somewhere in a heartbeat. Not necessarily Ottawa, but to clear cap space, add defence and/or a backup goalie that could maybe stop a beach ball. 
But I see where you’re going with that. 

I'd have him on a bus, just to get him out of the dressing room! I have no evidence to back up that statement, but if we look back to last year and their record after Willie boy joined the team, one might be thinkin their is a pattern here.

HH

On 12/4/2019 at 2:45 PM, glen said:

We waited years for the leafs to get a goalie.  Goal scoring.  Talent.  A great coach.  Now it is all gone because some in the room already got everything they wanted.   A bag of cash.  Never did want the cup.  

A rebuild is on its way.    Pick players who love to play and win this time.  

👍 Wonder what the ANALYTICS suggest the odds are for Dumbass and Keefe to see next season in Leaf Land!

Hate to sound like Don Cherry but pick some players with some heart and grit! Players from the GTA for example rather than NCAA and KJHL players.  Nylander needs to go if for no other reason to raise the bar in terms of accountability. Hard to hold the third and fourth line guys to any work ethic when Nylander is floating around avoiding body contact.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oggie said:

Hate to sound like Don Cherry but pick some players with some heart and grit! Players from the GTA for example rather than NCAA and KJHL players.  Nylander needs to go if for no other reason to raise the bar in terms of accountability. Hard to hold the third and fourth line guys to any work ethic when Nylander is floating around avoiding body contact.

There isn’t another player on the team that tries so hard to be SECOND to the puck. 

It was  written  today in the paper. Why bother making the playoffs , the leafs are not going to win the cup ? Also it was written, they just might not even make the playoffs . HMMMMMM

Make the playoffs the way they are playing ? NOPE

Win the cup ? NOPE

The end of the artical said, upper management will be dismissed at seasons end . ALL UPPER.

HMMMMMMM

On 12/5/2019 at 10:50 AM, hatethelaffs said:

And Spezza how's that working out ?? The master plan of infiltration into  laff land has been successful ......next the self imploding Ceci. And then there was the Kadri hit....you can't make this stuff up pure gold keep chirping boys we'll just keep cooking in your kitchen🤣

Spezza is actually looking great lately, better than Marleau and $5.8M less, awesome, cheap acquisition.

Good luck with Hainsey, Zaitsev and Brown, I'm very familiar with those players, the sens have a lot of money invested in garbage right there.

it's you haters that are chirping, the only thing cooking is sausage between you guys 

14 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Spezza is actually looking great lately, better than Marleau and $5.8M less, awesome, cheap acquisition.

Good luck with Hainsey, Zaitsev and Brown, I'm very familiar with those players, the sens have a lot of money invested in garbage right there.

it's you haters that are chirping, the only thing cooking is sausage between you guys 

Chris I don't know about the haters, but I will certainly dispute you on those three players. You only know those players as members of the leafs org under Babs. I have no prior familiar opinion on them at all. They have all been far from garbage for the rebuilding Sens this year. They have fit into their intended roles really well from what I see, Hainsey is a perfect example. He was brought in for his experience to bring some solid stability to a young defense and equally to provide mentorship to some hopeful defensemen coming up the pipe, just like how the Leafs used him with with Morgan Rielly. He has been rock solid on the ice, very  vocal and he has no problem switching sides to accommodate who he's playing with. He's been good value for his salary and as a ufa I wouldn't be surprised if the Sens offer him another year.

As for Zaitsev, considering his salary was basically a trade off with Ceci I have no problem with the way he's been playing, for the most part paired with Chabot. From what I've seen he's better than Ceci for sure, far less prone to mistakes and more physical in his play. In last night's game he was paired with Boro playing against the Bergeron line and they did a great job overall. He had 7 blocks, Boro had 6, no one else on either team had more than 2. Now he does have term left for sure but so far so good.

As for Connor Brown, he's been one of the most consistent and hard working forwards we have this season. His defensive play has been excellent, he's 4th in team points and trending to 40. His hard work has garnered him several game stars. Considering he was added in as a sweetener to compensate for Zaitsev's term his play and contract of 2M has been a great deal for the team and as an rfa I can easily see the team offering him an extension next summer, specially if Pageau's agent prices himself out of what Ottawa is willing to pay for a real good 3rd line center.

Cheers

19 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Laff players only excel once they have resurrected their careers after leaving the laffs , that's  a fact.

Spezza is a has been who is trying to hang on to his career for a few years now. It's apparent he will wind his career down regretting ever wanting to be inflicted with the blue and white disease. 

As for JT.......Islanders are a better team without him.

The laffs are done.....again......the talk about sweeping changes to the upper management speaks for itself. 

Buffalo is a team to watch, and Tampa is going to have a strong rest of the season.

Golf laffs golf

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

Spezza is a has been who is trying to hang on to his career for a few years now. It's apparent he will wind his career down regretting ever wanting to be inflicted with the blue and white disease. 

As for JT.......Islanders are a better team without him.

Buffalo is a team to watch, and Tampa is going to have a strong rest of the season.

Golf laffs golf

Spezza is $700k??? and he's looked deadly lately. Seems like a cool guy too, hopefully a mentor to the kids. 

Long Island was absolutely irate and enraged when JT returned for the 1st time wearing blue and white, yeah, it sounds like they're glad to get rid of him????

Buffalo is mediocre and coming back to reality after a strong start. The Bolts, who knows, an enigma. 

wanna bet the Leafs golf? or I'll bet the senioritas golf? your choice

Smitty, I don't watch the sens, absolutely no desire to, maybe those guys have benefited from a change of scenery and being rid of babs,  and in a city where nobody watches or cares and things are different now, but I've watched those guys under a microscope for a while and I thank Christ we're rid of them and Zaitsev's contract and Hainsey's constant screw ups.

The guy we haven't mentioned is Ennis. That's a guy I miss, great value when he was in TO.

Yea Ennis started off slow this season but has been playing quite well the last dozen games or so. He also leads the team in pp goals, not that we have a lot of them being second last in the league. For the way he's playing now he's a great deal on a ufa 800k contract.

As for watching the Sens Chris you should try watching the last two Boston games. At least you'd get to watch some hard working structured and physical play, something that's been surely lacking in some of the leafs games I've watched. The Philly game was a great watch too even though they lost in the last 5 minutes, couple of fights and tons of hitting.

1 hour ago, smitty55 said:

Yea Ennis started off slow this season but has been playing quite well the last dozen games or so. He also leads the team in pp goals, not that we have a lot of them being second last in the league. For the way he's playing now he's a great deal on a ufa 800k contract.

As for watching the Sens Chris you should try watching the last two Boston games. At least you'd get to watch some hard working structured and physical play, something that's been surely lacking in some of the leafs games I've watched. The Philly game was a great watch too even though they lost in the last 5 minutes, couple of fights and tons of hitting.

The Sens have so much of what the laffs are missing  

They play a hard fast paced game and will not back down. 

Fun to watch.

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

The Sens have so much of what the laffs are missing  

They play a hard fast paced game and will not back down. 

Fun to watch.

yeah, yeah, sens are fantastic, Leafs suck, I might have heard that before, broken record

I think it's kinda neat to hear the Go Leafs Go chant in different rinks like tonight in VAN, I'm curious, does that enrage you guys?

D J Smith came in at the same time as Babs a year after being named OHL coach of the year, so he knows the Leafs players as well as anybody. I'm really enjoying his coaching style and old style attitude, it's pretty black and white, he knows it's all about developing talent. From what Chris has said I guess  they're just playing better under DJ than Babs.

This is from the coach today

On Ron Hainsey playing in his 1,100th NHL game tomorrow night:

"The best part about Ron is that his game has changed from an offensive guy to a defensive guy. He's found a way to stay in the league by doing it right and by not riding the ups and downs. He's an even keel guy win or lose, he's good to have around young guys, he treats everyone with respect and he's a guy in the locker room that kind of looks after everything."

Sounds like the perfect guy to help on a rebuilding team. Don't forget the Leafs were last in the league in 15/16, so not that far away from what the Sens are doing now as an organization in a rebuild.

Cheers