2019-2020 Hockey Thread

It was surprising to hear of their choice of Dubas. With so many other qualified GM's and hockey guys more proven and qualified for the job, out they come with a young guy with no experience who no one has heard of before.

He built this team and is responsible for where they are today. I've said it before the puck was even dropped that you build a team from the net out. No goaltending and no defense is not going to be successful. Who knew Nylander was going to be a bust, that was unexpected but then hold out young spoiled brats are usually consumed by personal stats and don't pay the price to be a winner.

With all the money they have locked up with the "superstars" it will be a tough time getting the pieces they need to win and hang on to them.

4 of the next 5 games are going to be tough games for the laffs and if they come out with all losses it will be anyone's guess that they even make the playoffs.

Totally blown opportunity imo, there is no reason they shouldn't have got it right this time.

I'll agree with you on defense.   I like big guys that take away the front of the net and pound forwards any chance they get.  Get those guys playing with guys like Reilly and Barrie and you've got a winning combo.  There just isn't enough muscle back there for my liking.   As for Dubas, he did great things with the Greyhounds.  Maybe they were taking a page out of the 'Moneyball' playbook by going with hard numbers instead of stats, who really knows.   They definitely need some toughness, especially on the D line.   Andersen isn't an issue, top 5 goalie in the league for sure.  He has saved them more games then I care to even count.  If it wasn't for him, their record would be a lot worse.  

6 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Rich...

Beware of slugs that hide in sheeps clothing.

Matt comes out with his russian troll burner account and talks a whole pile of junk and tells us all to "suck it" he immediately gets nailed by the admins and comes back with a nice wholesome reply. GTFOH

Seriously???

If you are going to accuse someone of something it's best that you know what you are talking about.

That was not me, I have one account and I'm not afraid to put everything I have to say right out here for anyone to read. 

Can an admin please verify this for Akrisoner please?

I actually checked into cost of seats for the game yesterday just to see how much they were.

Could have had a 3rd row Leafs end seat for $133 US. There were not that many seats available for the game for sale.

It wasn't sold out but it was close. I find it hard to judge the crowd there due to their dark jerseys.

Lots of them in the crowd but dang there were a ton of Leafs jerseys too. :)

looky, looky what I picked up today

I haven't been in years because of the prices and all the people there are executroids that don't cheer or make noise

I was originally planning to indoctrinate my son, but at 4 years old  he's too young, it'll be me and my wife

20191123_165032.jpg

Edited by chris.brock

20 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

looky, looky what I picked up today

I haven't been in years because of the prices and all the people there are executroids that don't cheer or make noise

I was originally planning to indoctrinate my son, but at 4 years old  he's too young, it'll be me and my wife

20191123_165032.jpg

Jesus, I hope you didn’t have to pay for those bad boys

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chris.brock said:

with $25 a pint, I don't think there will be any trouble

I didn't ask any questions, I paid $300 for the pair from a coworker of a friend, retail after tax is $700, should I be worried about counterfeit? 

That’s a deal nose bleeds are more than that for the hockey night in canada games

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

That’s a deal nose bleeds are more than that for the hockey night in canada games

Last time I was in Ontario the cheapest ticket I found for a Thursday game was $90 for standing room, obstructed view with your back against the back wall. I passed on it. 

funny story- 

in high school, when crap teams were in town, we used to take the Go Train down to the Gardens and wait until the game almost started, then get tickets off scalpers for a decent price

We were sitting in steep Blue seats behind the goal on a Saturday night, it was 4 or 5 nothing STL when the Leafs finally scored late in the 3rd. Nobody except us stood up, I was rubbing my buddies head. The CBC camera was as big as a cannon, it swung around and pointed at us and the red light on top came on for a few seconds, then went off.

back at school the next week, from lots of people I didn't even know, it was "Dude, I saw you on TV"

• Like 2