2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Was hoping to have watched the Sens game last night but the train wreck laffs game kept me glued to it. Lmao

That was a performance for the ages and it's only going to get worse.

Tampa is 2 points behind with 5 games in hand bahahaha

Buffalo is a point ahead with 3 games in hand

Florida is 3 points ahead with 2 games in hand

Montreal is 3 points ahead with 3 games in hand

Both Phili and Pittsburgh are 2 points ahead with 2 games in hand and they hold the wildcard spots.

Silly laffs, when will they ever learn? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

27 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I did a little calculating, just W/L's, no OTL stuff, the Leafs are 38/45 since December 6, 2018, lol,

Great info Chris, not the Bull we have been seeing on the board lately.

Seems like they started to tank after they signed Nylander. 

Heard on the radio this afternoon that Kapi and Willie spent the day yesterday golfing in Vegas.... hopefully, hockey practice didn't get in the way of their game! LOL

Nylander has been a poison to this team... do I have any specific evidence, well just the team's record since he came back last December. Watching him play is an effort in frustration, so many bad give-aways and little to no effort make things right.

Dubas claimed he didn't sign him to trade him, so maybe Dubas can take him with him, to his next team!

HH

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Headhunter said:

Heard on the radio this afternoon that Kapi and Willie spent the day yesterday golfing in Vegas.... hopefully, hockey practice didn't get in the way of their game! LOL

Nylander has been a poison to this team... do I have any specific evidence, well just the team's record since he came back last December. Watching him play is an effort in frustration, so many bad give-aways and little to no effort make things right.

Dubas claimed he didn't sign him to trade him, so maybe Dubas can take him with him, to his next team!

HH

If we traded him we would likely get a couple of good pieces in return.

I think it would be worthwhile as there is interest in him from other teams.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 3:47 PM, muskymatt said:

Was hoping to have watched the Sens game last night but the train wreck laffs game kept me glued to it. Lmao

That was a performance for the ages and it's only going to get worse.

Tampa is 2 points behind with 5 games in hand bahahaha

Buffalo is a point ahead with 3 games in hand

Florida is 3 points ahead with 2 games in hand

Montreal is 3 points ahead with 3 games in hand

Both Phili and Pittsburgh are 2 points ahead with 2 games in hand and they hold the wildcard spots.

Silly laffs, when will they ever learn? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

When you call out the Leafs before the season even starts I jump all over you...but right now, you're absolutely right. They're horrible and playing well below where the should be given the talent pool. It's unbelievably disappointing. If I wanted to hate hockey this much I would have been a Sens fan! lol

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

If we traded him we would likely get a couple of good pieces in return.

I think it would be worthwhile as there is interest in him from other teams.

Don't get me started on Nylander. Maybe if he got a helmet that fit his melon he wouldn't be so scared to be first to the puck! When he coasts to let the other team get there first it drives me crazy. This is the lack of grit once again.

Leafs need to get there point shots thru to the goalie, they seem to dump it in the corner a lot and take a lot of wrist shots. There defence needs to learn how to take a slapshot from the point and keep it a foot off the ice and get it on NET.  With the sticks having more flex I think the defence are having a hard time keeping there shots down , a solution would be to change there sticks . It seems like every time they miss the net or have a shot blocked the puck goes the other way , killing the flow of their game.

One of the things I like about Matthews game is his ability to tip the puck on shots from the point, he wasn't born with this ability, he practised it and  is pretty good at it, maybe some of the other Leafs could learn this skill , some of them don't even try tipping the shots from the point.

There are lots of eyes on the Leafs now trying to  figure out what's wrong, it would be nice to know what Dubas thinks the problem is, I don't think it's Babcock.

I heard Reilly and Tavares met with Babcock to discuss solutions, I hope Babcock told Reilly not to let them score when he is on the ice. 

8 hours ago, chris.brock said:

yeah, go sens go, to the basement of the league, they're only 2 pts out even after tonight's win

do you watch hockey to follow your team? or just to feed your miserable, seething hatred for other teams?

Stay calm Chris it is only a game.

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

yeah, go sens go, to the basement of the league, they're only 2 pts out even after tonight's win

do you watch hockey to follow your team? or just to feed your miserable, seething hatred for other teams?

Only one team for the seething hatred thing.

And by the way,  the Sens are 3 points behind the laffs with 2 games in hand. Do the math lol.

Laffs are 5 points out of last place. 

Can't write this stuff hahaha

8 WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR KIDS FROM THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS LOL 😜^_^

A growing number of GTA parents are conflicted about how to broach the subject of the Toronto Maple Leafs with their children. The Leafs got off to their worst start in 25 years, winning just two of their first 14 games. Now, having only lost one of their last eight games in regular time, the Leafs are giving fans that slither of hope that they will so cruely rip from your grasp later in the season.
Toronto's long-term exposure to what experts are calling "just real bad hockey" is taking its toll. Children who watch the Leafs regularly experience an overall drop in their happiness levels, with many exhibiting symptoms of nihilism and the "all-the-time-sad". And when parents confront their kids about their poor grades, many are met with, "I'm not failing, I'm just losing the right way," a quote they attribute to coach Mike Babcock.
A recent report out of Ryerson confirmed that watching the Leafs for an hour a week had detrimental effects on a child’s overall wellbeing. The report explains, “Research has shown that when a child is shown footage of the Toronto Maple Leafs the same areas of the child's brain light up as when we showed them a dramatization of a puppy being sucked up into a propeller engine.”

Child psychologist Dr. Jack Storey offers these pointers to parents:

1. Emphasize it’s not their fault
Kids who turn on a Leafs game without supervision will often become confused when they see the puck fly so relentlessly into the Leafs’ net over and over and over again. They will internalize the negative feelings this conjures. It is important to hug them and calmly explain, “No sweetheart. This isn’t your fault. It’s Burke and Ferguson and Nonis and Shanahan’s fault. And Phaneuf’s a little bit, too.”

2. Help build your child's self-esteem
Watching the Leafs on a regular basis can erode your child's self-confidence and even cause depression. Try to encourage them to make healthier decisions with their free time, such as reading, playing outside, or watching the Montreal Canadiens.

3. Look for “teachable moments”
When the Leafs falter, take a moment to explain what went wrong and what the Leafs could’ve done to avoid the mistake. Take a moment to get down to their eye level and firmly tell them, “Phaneuf is too slow to have pinched there,” or “Jon Bernier doesn’t know who Nelson Mandela is because he’s a big dumb idiot.”

4. Monitor their social networking
Tell them that punctuating their tweets with #LeafsNation or #Phaneuf4Prez is something that has the potential to negatively impact future employment opportunities or their ability to run for public office one day.

5. Talk to your child about the joys of living without the Leafs
Emphasize how good she feels when she isn’t choosing Leafs players for her hockey pool. Point out to her how existentially nourished she feels when she’s not looking at the Leafs organizational depth chart. Help her to be responsible for her own well being.

6. Be specific about the science
Help your kids understand what is happening in their bodies chemically when they watch the Leafs. Explain to them that their dopamine levels are directly affected by each failed power play breakout, or each time Glenn Healey says, “See, Reimer just has to make that save”.

7. Walk them through their hockey dysmorphia
Being constantly inundated by bad hockey can cause hockey dysmorphia. Kids will become completely unhinged and lose their grasp of what hockey is supposed to look like. Be patient with them, but firm when explaining, “No sweetheart, these ducks couldn’t sweep the Leafs in four. They’re just eating the bread we’re feeding them.”

8. Discourage them from spending too much time in the basement
Studies have shown that kids who identify as part of “Leafs Nation” are 20 times more likely to be afflicted with a vitamin D deficiency and a fear of direct sunlight. Try to keep them above ground as much as possible.

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

8 WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR KIDS FROM THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS LOL 😜^_^

A growing number of GTA parents are conflicted about how to broach the subject of the Toronto Maple Leafs with their children. The Leafs got off to their worst start in 25 years, winning just two of their first 14 games. Now, having only lost one of their last eight games in regular time, the Leafs are giving fans that slither of hope that they will so cruely rip from your grasp later in the season.
Toronto's long-term exposure to what experts are calling "just real bad hockey" is taking its toll. Children who watch the Leafs regularly experience an overall drop in their happiness levels, with many exhibiting symptoms of nihilism and the "all-the-time-sad". And when parents confront their kids about their poor grades, many are met with, "I'm not failing, I'm just losing the right way," a quote they attribute to coach Mike Babcock.
A recent report out of Ryerson confirmed that watching the Leafs for an hour a week had detrimental effects on a child’s overall wellbeing. The report explains, “Research has shown that when a child is shown footage of the Toronto Maple Leafs the same areas of the child's brain light up as when we showed them a dramatization of a puppy being sucked up into a propeller engine.”

Child psychologist Dr. Jack Storey offers these pointers to parents:

1. Emphasize it’s not their fault
Kids who turn on a Leafs game without supervision will often become confused when they see the puck fly so relentlessly into the Leafs’ net over and over and over again. They will internalize the negative feelings this conjures. It is important to hug them and calmly explain, “No sweetheart. This isn’t your fault. It’s Burke and Ferguson and Nonis and Shanahan’s fault. And Phaneuf’s a little bit, too.”

2. Help build your child's self-esteem
Watching the Leafs on a regular basis can erode your child's self-confidence and even cause depression. Try to encourage them to make healthier decisions with their free time, such as reading, playing outside, or watching the Montreal Canadiens.

3. Look for “teachable moments”
When the Leafs falter, take a moment to explain what went wrong and what the Leafs could’ve done to avoid the mistake. Take a moment to get down to their eye level and firmly tell them, “Phaneuf is too slow to have pinched there,” or “Jon Bernier doesn’t know who Nelson Mandela is because he’s a big dumb idiot.”

4. Monitor their social networking
Tell them that punctuating their tweets with #LeafsNation or #Phaneuf4Prez is something that has the potential to negatively impact future employment opportunities or their ability to run for public office one day.

5. Talk to your child about the joys of living without the Leafs
Emphasize how good she feels when she isn’t choosing Leafs players for her hockey pool. Point out to her how existentially nourished she feels when she’s not looking at the Leafs organizational depth chart. Help her to be responsible for her own well being.

6. Be specific about the science
Help your kids understand what is happening in their bodies chemically when they watch the Leafs. Explain to them that their dopamine levels are directly affected by each failed power play breakout, or each time Glenn Healey says, “See, Reimer just has to make that save”.

7. Walk them through their hockey dysmorphia
Being constantly inundated by bad hockey can cause hockey dysmorphia. Kids will become completely unhinged and lose their grasp of what hockey is supposed to look like. Be patient with them, but firm when explaining, “No sweetheart, these ducks couldn’t sweep the Leafs in four. They’re just eating the bread we’re feeding them.”

8. Discourage them from spending too much time in the basement
Studies have shown that kids who identify as part of “Leafs Nation” are 20 times more likely to be afflicted with a vitamin D deficiency and a fear of direct sunlight. Try to keep them above ground as much as possible.

Ahhh...the dreaded blue and white disease is alive and well I see!🤣

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Only one team for the seething hatred thing.

And by the way,  the Sens are 3 points behind the laffs with 2 games in hand. Do the math lol.

Laffs are 5 points out of last place. 

Can't write this stuff hahaha

Here's another stat. The Sens have won their last six games after losing one. That's a sign of a good team. Meanwhile TO has lost 6 in a row. Pretty sure the Sens record is top ten in the league this month. Anders Nilsson has been stellar in net and DJ Smith has them playing hard and focused. Pageau is the top goal scorer in November, 9 in 9 games, tied with McDavid.

17 minutes ago, smitty55 said:

Here's another stat. The Sens have won their last six games after losing one. That's a sign of a good team. Meanwhile TO has lost 6 in a row. Pretty sure the Sens record is top ten in the league this month. Anders Nilsson has been stellar in net and DJ Smith has them playing hard and focused. Pageau is the top goal scorer in November, 9 in 9 games, tied with McDavid.

dont believe the hype the sens are hot at the moment and their record is still abysmal. All its doing is guaranteeing that they dont get the first overall pick again.

I love the Blue and White Disease talk coming from a sens fan...id rather be diseased with the chance for a cure then just outright dead like that franchise. I dont think they make it through the next decade as an organization.