2019-2020 Hockey Thread

On 10/28/2019 at 7:11 AM, Squid said:

Its funny to hear you say that about hughson. He is a die hard leaf fan. I am so sick of him propping up the leafs with more powerful adjectives than what he says about the opposing team. The guy is a clown. 

cant say i agree with this one...hes a vancouver guy that also happens to love the bruins. Last year during the playoffs he legitimately wore black and gold during one of the broadcasts.

Why does Wilson always hang that leg out when he hits?  Hit on Muzzin and Barrie were almost identical.  

Anyhow, bad break with the penalty on Marner, PK guys played awesome.  Can't let Ovi T it up from the top of the circle that many times without getting burned.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:36 PM, chris.brock said:

I don't know if that's correct Grim. I think Babcock has more input into all aspects of team management than most coaches.

His team in Detroit went against the grain and was the 1st team not to have an enforcer, the wings also had very low PIMs compared to the league average when he was coach

I could be wrong but in an interview last week when Babcock was asked about the zero retaliation from his team after the high hit on Matthews he said "who's gonna do it??"  It really seemed like he was throwing at Dubas' feet with that comment. This is  why I don't really believe this is 100% a Babcock issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I could be wrong but in an interview last week when Babcock was asked about the zero retaliation from his team after the high hit on Matthews he said "who's gonna do it??"  It really seemed like he was throwing at Dubas' feet with that comment. This is  why I don't really believe this is 100% a Babcock issue. 

You're not wrong.

I posted this last Sunday.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/mike-babcock-calls-out-his-own-roster-when-asked-about-the-hit-on-auston-matthews?fbclid=IwAR3oRR44LiF9kUUjqN_v975eCxjYCXal6jDYzGNhWX5zADT5G7sJD1vw42g

13 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I'll take that bet

do you wanna back it up and name a $$$ figure?

I have been saying it all along, no defense and no goaltending. And to that that a couple high paid so called superstars are underperforming, all it will take is an injury or two and yes there is a chance the laffs won't make the playoffs.

I bet the tissues are piling up in the basements of laff fans moms at a record pace 🤣

On 11/1/2019 at 8:39 AM, muskymatt said:

I have been saying it all along, no defense and no goaltending. And to that that a couple high paid so called superstars are underperforming, all it will take is an injury or two and yes there is a chance the laffs won't make the playoffs.

I bet the tissues are piling up in the basements of laff fans moms at a record pace 🤣

oh, now there is only a chance the Leafs won't make the playoffs,

what happened to your bet? cause I'll take that bet???

Edited by chris.brock

On 11/3/2019 at 8:57 AM, grimsbylander said:

The officiating really does seem one sided lately. I wonder how much of that is actual biased officiating and how much is the Leafs playing pond hockey, stick checking hockey versus actually getting close enough to physically take someone off the puck...heaven forbid. 

Can't fault you with that synopsis.   

it's not only the power play itself, it's the way PPs can change the momentum of the game

tonight for example, Leafs got the 1st PP, they didn't score, JT bricked it, but the Leafs buzzed for the rest of the period after the PP

last game the Leafs had the Flyers hemmed in until the penalties started.

I wish the refs would just stay out of it like they sometimes do in the playoffs, and let the teams play, unless it's flagrant and obvious, since the refs obviously have trouble distinguishing a real penalty from a dive