2019-2020 Hockey Thread

On 10/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, grimsbylander said:

It seems some of you are slowly coming over to the Chris and Grimsby camp!!! Lol 

We only need grit when we play gritty teams and they just happen to be the best teams. 

I don't care about those guys, it's Dubas, Babs and Shanny that need to hear what we're sayin', lol

kinda interesting, Kappi for one, but I think quite a few players have a lot more to give offensively and have started a little slow,  but the Leafs are currently #1 for goals for in the league

What the hell is going on with the schedule disparity. Seems somewhat unfair that some teams have had an extended training camp having only played 3 games thus far allowing for them to practice an absolute ton while the leafs will have played 8 games by tonight including two back to backs already

54 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Sad...another enforcer falling victim to addiction issues. CTE is a hell of a disease.

Chris, this is exactly why the days of NHL tough guys is dying out. CTE claims the lives of too many of these guys. It’s pretty sad to think about.

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Chris, this is exactly why the days of NHL tough guys is dying out. CTE claims the lives of too many of these guys. It’s pretty sad to think about.

Geez, let it go man. Chris wants a tougher team...I get that. Stop insinuating that there is no middle ground between having a team that is physically responsible within the rules of the game and icing a goon squad. 

2 hours ago, BillM said:

It's hard to blame Hutch when he's always going in a game #2 of a back to back.   Put a team in front of the poor guy.   Maybe 1 of those goals are on him.  The rest?  lol no way.

Yeah, wasn't his fault.

The team crapped the bed for a minute and eighteen seconds and the game was lost because of it.

• Like 2

Have you folks played truly competitive sports? If not consider your golf game with regards to talent. There are your stars because they are really good and because they are really good they are also generally consistent. Kappy? Give it a rest. Hutchinson? Give him a chance....I wonder what the longest stint of consecutive games he has played in the NHL? What is success for him? Winning 40% of his  games? The others?...even the best have times when they are totally on their game and times when they are a bit off.

The Leafs went to a game 7 with boston who played in the finals. Really the only goal should be make the playoffs and then to beat Boston or the team above them in the playoffs. Round 3 of the playoffs would be a total success. Round 2 would be a step up. What is obvious is that there will be teams ahead of the Leafs again this year in their division. They have a lot of new players and injuries, they won't be firing on all cylinders until well into November. I doubt they win the division. Forward wise they look stronger this year. Their young stars are older and better and the supporting cast of forwards looks much better. The defense is about the same, perhaps better later in the year when changes are made. Take a deep breath...odds are long that they win the Stanley cup this year. People believe that gritty is only way to win a cup. Another way to have success might be have waves of talent so that the attrition that happens in the playoffs doesn't pull you down. Kadri was suspended last year and Nylander had to play center. That isn't happening now with Tavares down. I would say they have vastly improved in depth. Dube...is responsible for that. Lets see what happens.

Things are easier for you if you are diehard Leafs fan. Ottawa? Well Ottawa is Ottawa...the lowest of the basement dwellers. Hab's fans can't be lording Montreal's 29 wins last year over you! :) Remember Habs/Sens fans are now closet fans or impersonating disgruntled Leafs fans. They are in the exact same position Leafs fans were in previously. All they have is hope year after year. Yes they won some games...but...ahh no they don't even make the playoffs.

Enjoy the ride.

Those refs have to have their heads on a swivel. Fast pace game. Oh, 4 leafs in front of the net and no one see,s the guy coming in. Now that's fast. LOL

Edit to add

CBC live stream is awesome tonight. Full HD, no blips.:good:

Edited by misfish

Decent game though I thought the reffing sucked.

I thought there was several times the lads should have had a PP but didn't get the call.

Including the neutral zone interference just before Boston's tying goal😡

Oh well at least we won and the boys had several good hits and stuck up for the goalie.

• Like 1

yeah, despite the refs best efforts, boston still lost

is there any bosses that govern the refs?, that can say "hey, you guys really stuffed up again",  that was terrible, the refs consistently seem to be major factors in deciding games

if Rask was in net the refs would have likely won 

Edited by chris.brock

Tonight was another great example of why the Leafs to at least finish checks! When a team is known for doing it, the refs let stuff go. When you don’t, it looks out of place and you take crappy penalties. Boston gets away with a lot because “we’ll thats just the way they play.” 

Oh, and it drives me nuts when Hughes calls Pasternak “Pasta”. Wonder if that moron is wearing a Boston jersey under his sports coat??? 🤬

That weasel was doing it all night long. After each whistle,he was stick working. If you watched closely,you seen it every time.

Weasel = Marchant

Notice how slow Charra was and how he never really tried to skate with the puck. Every time on his stick,he quickly passed it away.

And Don said it again in not so many words, Freddie is the best. He did look good. In position pretty much 98% of the time. Still do not like his puck handling skills. Very weak.

Classic boston get away with murder. They can openly run Freddie and when marincin answers the bell for him and gets in a skuffle? Well of course that’s a coinciding minor penalty. No foul on Boston’s part

marchand, here let me run Freddie as well, muzzin tackles him and marchand spears muzzin twice right in the nuts...no call on that one either. Classic

they've gotta make the refs sit down the next day after a game and rewatch it on TV, with some authoritative, disciplinary boss with them, this is darn retarded

5 pps for CBJ on 5 dives and a phantom overtime penalty shot call, the boxscore on nhl.com doesn't even know who committed the offense for the penalty shot, lol, it's a mystery  

The Fantom overtime penalty shot is just the epitome of what went on last night.

marincin literally down on the ice and someone trips over him and he gets a “hooking” call???

16 power plays against 3 for in the last 9 periods of hockey...explain to me how that’s possible if none of the calls are roughing or fighting calls?