2019-2020 Hockey Thread

12 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I'm changing my tune, you might be right, in this 1st period his save % is unacceptable

the refs continue to call Bull and dives, that is also unacceptable  

I only caught the highlights of the game last night as I had a commitment, but Freddy did it again, passing the puck right onto the Tampa players stick and in his net.

He sure isn't playing like a number one goalie!

HH

Leafs need someone to stand infront of the goalie to block his vision,  Hyman can do it , johnsson has been trying but i think he is too small, they need another player willing to do it.  

Muzzin almost took someone out with his shot from the point, about head level can end a players career, i hope they address it with him

4 hours ago, Headhunter said:

I only caught the highlights of the game last night as I had a commitment, but Freddy did it again, passing the puck right onto the Tampa players stick and in his net.

He sure isn't playing like a number one goalie!

HH

According to Don Cherry last Saturday he's the best goalie in the league.

8 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Donner! Can't say I agree with him and the numbers back me up.

HH

I did a double take when he said it, and then he said it again when Ron questioned him on the comment. This was right after he said the Leafs wouldn't get past the second round because they weren't tough enough.

Watch the body language on the bench when Babcock is talking.  I like him as a coach and a person but his time is over in Toronto.  He's used all the one liners, jokes, motivational speeches ...etc.  If they aren't in first place by Dec 1st I''ll predict we'll be watching Sheldon Keefe before Christmas.

• Like 1

There is a new guy handling the defense this year, it takes time to gel. After 20 games lets see how they are doing.

I read somewhere a few teams were scounting Buffalo for Ristolinen, just what the Leafs need, a big tough defenseman

I don't think many players out work Kerfoot on the Leafs except for Moore, those two guys hustle all the time. also  noticed a couple of nice slapshots from the point, one from Reilly and the other from Barrie 👍

Edited by mikeh
Wrong word

I liked the way the Wings hit the first two lines.  The high priced players need to get hit a little.  They don't finish a check EVER so it's nice to see them receive a little physicality. I keep hoping they'll learn something or at least start to play with a little edge. Can't imagine Babcock enjoys the noncontact hockey out of the first two lines given the style he coached in Detroit. 

15 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

The last fight in the video above was a not too bad of a Hockey fight like I remember. The 1st few not so much a fight as a poor attempt at Jiu Jitsu. 

My point is Sid steps up. That kid is stronger then most think. All we need is players to step up. Take a lump or 2,but at least show their not going to get man handled. They all need to play with a chip on their shoulders IMO.

Edited by misfish

1 hour ago, misfish said:

My point is Sid steps up. That kid is stronger then most think. All we need is players to step up. Take a lump or 2,but at least show their not going to get man handled. They all need to play with a chip on their shoulders IMO.

I thought that was Sid the Kid. Recognize him from Horton's commercials. Gotta go, NFL is on.