2019-2020 Hockey Thread

On 10/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, Squid said:

They will be tougher to beat than last year. Well rounded 4 lines and a strong defensive core. As fast or faster than last year so they will definitely gives teams fits with their constant pressure.

wanna make a wager on the Leafs/ scabs game tomorrow?

Leafs are back to back, back up goalie in net.....

On 10/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, Squid said:

They will be tougher to beat than last year. Well rounded 4 lines and a strong defensive core. As fast or faster than last year so they will definitely gives teams fits with their constant pressure.

well rounded, lol

it's the carey price show, a 1 man team

9 hours ago, mikeh said:

definitely a great game, Leafs still got a point, had many chances to win in o/t but didn't get the job done. hey Chris you know you can hit the edit button?kappanne

The leafs were all over them last night. I thought for sure that the game would end 6-1 leafs. Montreal showed resilience by coming back and winning. And what's with kappanenn (sp) throwing a broken stick?

my brother was at the game last night, up in the cheap seats (they're still not actually cheap at all), he said there was a mixture of fans from both sides and enough guys with some attitude and swagger that after a few beers, by the third period it was getting a little hostile and ugly up there, lol

15 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Squid, I want to apologize. I was absolutely irate after the outcome of last night's game. I attacked you, it was stupid, and I didn't feel too good about it this morning. I'm gonna try to chill down.

No problem Chris, as fans our emotions get the better of us sometimes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillM said:

Hard to blame Hutch for that performance.  When you're getting out muscled by Domi in front of the net, there's something wrong.  

Not to mention a penalty shot. Yikes Kapanen! We all know who's buying Hutch dinner.

Does Domi really think he's as tough as his old man?? lol 

Domi isnt trying to play his Dad's game, hes trying to play the rat game. Funny enough Montreal has two of em, domi and gallagher, two guys that would turtle the moment anyone tried to make them answer the bell.

Marchand and kadri have both made a career playing this way.

Brady Tkachuk plays this way too, but hes got the size to back it up. He is going to be a thorn in the leafs side for many years to come. His old man was dirty as all hell too, i hope he at least keeps it clean when he is being a royal pain in the ass unlike his father.

Edited by AKRISONER

So, nice to see that Freddy used the time off in the summer to work on his puck handling skills! LMAO!

In the four games played to date, he has let in at least one bad goal in each of the three he has played and it could be argued that he has let in more than that! I sense a weakness between the pipes... still waiting for him to "steal" a win for the team...

HH

I think Freddie's been fine. The players effort has been great. A couple bounces and the Leafs could be 4-0 and we'd be singing a different tune.

I like what I see so far, the cream should rise to the top.

Edited by chris.brock

10 hours ago, glen said:

Habs game.  Way to ruin the game refs.   Nice call with less then one minute to go.  

It was a good game all around. I tend to agree that the call was borderline but the habs player should not have smacked the sabres player with his stick.  Oh well another point. Tonight should be a good contest between the habs and the wings. I wonder how many goals manta will score tonight?