2019-2020 Hockey Thread

The time draws nearer. Let the bashing begin Boys. I listened to The Instigators radio program on WGR 550 out of Buffalo. I was floored to hear the Sabres have 5 exhibition games in 8 or 9 days. Did I hear that right? That's a lot of summer Hockey if I heard right. And I think 4 NFL exhibition games is too many. Tickets aren't any cheaper with the 2's taking 90% of the snaps.  Rip off for the fans in the seats. 

3 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Funny, Ferris said on Tim and Sid yesterday that he couldn't reveal the teams that made Marner an offer sheet.

the deal is done, I think Ferris should just keep his mouth shut and not be going on TV, I guess he enjoys the spotlight

this media and social media stuff is getting out of control, Laine just said some really stupid, counterproductive crap 

Edited by chris.brock

I’m not necessarily a huge habs hater. I can at least respect the franchise for what it is. Ottawa is a totally different story.

but ever since price had his run, the habs haven’t had more than a single 1st line player since they traded pacioretty and even then that was debatable upon his departure. I ask myself the same question every year, who in the hell is going to score for the habs? 

People in Montreal seem to think that having a single 30 goal scorer on the team makes them a cup contender. Meanwhile most good teams have guys on the third line that can pot close to that many goals lol.

hell, the leafs have two guys capable of scoring 50 goals, plus a few that can score 30.

im going to predict that the habs miss the playoffs, yet again. 

Im still convinced they fired bergy long ago he’s just too jacked and intimidating for anyone to actually force him out lol

I've been watching hockey far too long to put any stock into analyzing teams by looking at stats. This includes how many 30 or 50 goals scorers a team has. St. Louis has ONE 30 goal scorer, Tarasenko, and he only got 33....oh, and a Stanley Cup.

If the Leafs don't gel and start playing because they give a damn about the logo on the front of the jersey, their team mates, and the fans, this will be another season of "what could have been".  

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 9:05 PM, chris.brock said:

Duclair was the best player on the ice.

Nice brick you threw up the middle there Mitch. You demanded to be the 2nd highest paid winger in the NHL, now you're gonna start to feel the consequences.

Come on now Chris, it was Spezza's fault, he should have know it was coming lol.

23 hours ago, glen said:

How much better are the leafs this year?

good question

I don't think they're any better. They lost a couple players, picked up a couple, but managed to keep the core.

It's possible the kids have matured enough and they're hungry and want to win, pissed off with loosing in the 1st round and are ready to step it up.

It's obvious Leafs management doesn't buy into the idea that physicality, toughness and intimidation are important. I think that could be their downfall.

yeah the D looks way different but the Leafs are just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks, could be better, could be worse, who knows? 

The loss of Gardiner was significant. Unless Dermott takes it to the next level and Sandin and/or Liljegren become men it's gonna be the O and Freddie that wins or looses the game.

Edited by chris.brock

5 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

yeah the D looks way different but the Leafs are just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks, could be better, could be worse, who knows? 

The loss of Gardiner was significant. Unless Dermott takes it to the next level and Sandin and/or Liljegren become men it's gonna be the O and Freddie that wins or looses the game.

Don't forget about Muzzin and Barrie.

Muzzin had a great hit last night.  :)