2019-2020 Hockey Thread

7 hours ago, smitty55 said:

I hear a good number of sports analysts saying that Marner is actually more valuable than Mathews. He plays in all situations, scored more points and makes other players around him better.

Cheers

I don't think so.

I love Marner and his skill and creativity but a lot of his 94 pts are a result of his line mates. Hyman is an unsung hero and JT potted 47 last year. 

Defensively AM is far better than Marner. 

• Like 1

I too am kinda pissed, at least very disappointed with Marner. I think he's tarnished his image. He's probably lost a lot of endorsements and far more money than his agent can get him because he now looks like a greedy pig.

Point, Laine, Rantanen, Marner, let'em sit for a season, damn em

2 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I too am kinda pissed, at least very disappointed with Marner. I think he's tarnished his image. He's probably lost a lot of endorsements and far more money than his agent can get him because he now looks like a greedy pig.

Yuuup.  

21 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Lord knows we should have told Nylander to park it. 

looking back, funny what some guys posted in this thread not too long ago-

Marner is gone

Marner will be a hab

the Leafs roster will get blown up and decimated this summer 

the Leafs are screwed because of the cap

lol

Edited by chris.brock
  • Haha 1

This AAV won't hurt so bad once Seattle buys in and the US broadcasting deal is renegotiated. The cap is expected to rise above 95 million in a few years, which is just in time to re sign Rielly and potentially Freddy if they're going to be adding him for a few more years at that point might not be necessary

2 hours ago, chris.brock said:

looking back, funny what some guys posted in this thread not too long ago-

Marner is gone

Marner will be a hab

the Leafs roster will get blown up and decimated this summer 

the Leafs are screwed because of the cap

lol

So much doom and gloom :)   Glad he's signed.  

On 9/13/2019 at 11:22 PM, BillM said:

So much doom and gloom :)   Glad he's signed.  

Sorry but I think that the leafs are screwed even if the cap goes up. Reily going to ask for big money too in a year from now. Plus there will be animosity between the players making 7+ million and the players making < than 1 million a year. Its going to be interesting how management keeps the team together this year.

Goalie Fredrik Andersen is not the best Leaf, but he is the most important. If he gets hurt, the team’s top backup option is three jumbo bags of flour strapped into pads.

Andersen’s going to be looking for a raise in a couple of years and, based on the way Kyle Dubas & Co. have been splashing around cash, he’s unlikely to limit his financial aspiration.

This could conceivably work if the salary cap rises steeply, but that’s a basis for prayer rather than planning.

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

lmao, is that what weve come to? The leafs are so damn good now that all writers can critique is that our backup isnt good enough ?

There is more written about the Leafs by non leaf fans than anyone else on all the sites I visit. So. I guess the sports media is no different.

Reilly is under contract until 2022???

So the Leafs upgrade from Sparks to Hutch but now the sky is falling because of weakness in goal??? ?

good luck to the scabs if Price gets hurt and Keith Kinkaid has to play

I think the scabs are screwed, they only have $4M in cap space left, nothing to spend it on (Gardiner wouldn't even play in Montreal) and the whole team is basically garbage 

Edited by chris.brock