2019-2020 Hockey Thread

9 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Just got home from my own hockey game and flipped the game on...I can’t take listening to Hughson cream his pants about the bruins all game.

him and his crony gloated for 6 minutes straight about the bruins and how great they are....yet they are losing 2-1at home.

And us HABS fans get this from him every time the habs play the loafs. Drooling all over toronto. If watching two of the best teams play for lord Stanley is like paint drying then how would one describe what it was like watching the leafs play boston?

On 5/28/2019 at 6:48 AM, Squid said:

And us HABS fans get this from him every time the habs play the loafs. Drooling all over toronto. If watching two of the best teams play for lord Stanley is like paint drying then how would one describe what it was like watching the leafs play boston?

Should we talk about Montreals playoff run this season?........................... oh wait a second.

52 minutes ago, BillM said:

Should we talk about Montreals playoff run this season?........................... oh wait a second.

Nah its no problem. The SHABS will be there next year for sure. From what I am reading it looks like the habs are going to make a play for kappennen(SP) on the leafs. I hope that the habs do not sign gardener!

Eberle for the RW side to fill a hole and a top 4 defenseman on the LH side and that should do it. Looking forward to Teasdale (20), Suzuki (20) and Poehling (21)making a run at the roster come this September.  Oh and Kotkaniemi is going to be stronger and heavier come September so that should add more offence to the team. Weber will have a full summer of training and will come back even stronger than he was in Dec 2018. 

It is going to be interesting to follow how the leafs manage the roster between now and Sept. Some players are going to go for sure. 

Leaf made the playoffs four times since 2005. Montreal has made the playoffs 9 times since 2005. So Bill what is your (weak) point? Just the one season in and the habs out makes the leafs better???

I hope Montreal gets back into the playoffs next year, that goes for the Sens and the rest of the Canadian Teams.  My point is, you're in here talking trash about a team that made the playoffs while yours didn't.  It's just a bit ironic don't ya think?  lol

BTW, goodluck on your muskie opener! 

Edited by BillM

On 5/28/2019 at 3:48 AM, Squid said:

Did you dig up any footage during the first round of the scabs circle jerking and golfing? what was that like?

Leafs/ boston was awesome, I was an emotional wreck but I love it, I love the excitement, I can't wait until October to see my Leafs again. Leafs and Boston, that's 2 teams trending in opposite directions. 

Leafs suck but you want Kapanen, ?, I've heard it all from the scab tards at work, scabs are going to offer sheet Marner, Johnsson is in talk with the scabs, .....?

3 hours ago, chris.brock said:

what colour is the sky in your world?

Opportunity missed? Only had to win 1 of 2 games and Blew it. They wont win before they have to re sign 'The Core'. Can barely afford to do it now. Theyre soft and soft dont win squat. 

17 hours ago, BillM said:

I hope Montreal gets back into the playoffs next year, that goes for the Sens and the rest of the Canadian Teams.  My point is, you're in here talking trash about a team that made the playoffs while yours didn't.  It's just a bit ironic don't ya think?  lol

BTW, goodluck on your muskie opener! 

Thanks Bill. My point was that Hughson is a you know what. He totally drools over Toronto when they play Montreal. Montreal is a very fast hockey team. But Hughson will use adjectives like blinding speed for a Toronto player and then for Byron he will say something like he is a fast skater just plain as day wherein the truth is he is one of  the fastest in the league. What a bozo. Glad to see that Boston lost last night :) Thanks for the best wishes Bill.Hope you have a fruitful summer of catching fish!

4 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Did you dig up any footage during the first round of the scabs circle jerking and golfing? what was that like?

Leafs/ boston was awesome, I was an emotional wreck but I love it, I love the excitement, I can't wait until October to see my Leafs again. Leafs and Boston, that's 2 teams trending in opposite directions. 

Leafs suck but you want Kapanen, ?, I've heard it all from the scab tards at work, scabs are going to offer sheet Marner, Johnsson is in talk with the scabs, .....?

Chris you seem to have a fascination with jerking, I don't get it. How the mods allow us to use these terms knowing what it means is beyond me. I have empathy for you and how you feel and deal with your team. I am trying to be civil in my comments and posting for opinions from members that want to talk hockey. You seem to trash anyone that says anything bad about the leafs even if it is true like their salary cap situation. Lets be civil and talk hockey without getting all emotional about eh?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Chris you seem to have a fascination with jerking, I don't get it. How the mods allow us to use these terms knowing what it means is beyond me. I have empathy for you and how you feel and deal with your team. I am trying to be civil in my comments and posting for opinions from members that want to talk hockey. You seem to trash anyone that says anything bad about the leafs even if it is true like their salary cap situation. Lets be civil and talk hockey without getting all emotional about eh?

Proof trolling or emotion, passion, whatever aren't triggers. Character flaw? Hmmmm.

It would be nice if the refs would give a double minor if a player hits the goalie, Rask was hit a couple of times last night, could have knocked him out of the series. 

Hopefully Sundquist is gone for the playoffs for his dirty hit on grzlyck 

7 hours ago, mikeh said:

It would be nice if the refs would give a double minor if a player hits the goalie, Rask was hit a couple of times last night, could have knocked him out of the series. 

Hopefully Sundquist is gone for the playoffs for his dirty hit on grzlyck 

Of all the Bull going on that is what you focus on? This is Boston's style of game, but they can dish it out but can't take? Booh hoo

It looks like Zaitsev wants out. 

It was Nikita Zaitsev who, for personal reasons, asked TOR today to try to facilitate a trade. He has five years remaining on a contract with an AAV of $4.5M. TOR will try to oblige Zaitsev but are not in a salary cap position to retain much, if any, salary.

Good news for Leaf fans IMO. It would be even better if Marleau would follow suit.

12 hours ago, Squid said:

You seem to trash anyone that says anything bad about the leafs even if it is true like their salary cap situation. Lets be civil and talk hockey without getting all emotional about eh?

It's obvious a bunch of you guys are here to troll and promote hate. Saying you want to talk hockey is total crap. You're a troll. Sorry if that comes as a surprise to you.

And yeah, I'm gonna rebuttal that inane crap.  

On 5/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, chris.brock said:

It looks like Zaitsev wants out. 

It was Nikita Zaitsev who, for personal reasons, asked TOR today to try to facilitate a trade. He has five years remaining on a contract with an AAV of $4.5M. TOR will try to oblige Zaitsev but are not in a salary cap position to retain much, if any, salary.

Good news for Leaf fans IMO. It would be even better if Marleau would follow suit.

There are rumors of a Marleau trade to L.A.  

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

From listening to these SNO analysts, you'd think the 2019 bruins are the best team to ever lace up the skates in the history of the NHL, yet the lowly Leafs had an opportunity to beat them in 6 games, lol.

Kinda like Leaf fans planning a parade when their 5 decade Maple Chokes do well during exhibition? Yup only had to win 1 of 2 games and one was at home. Choke-A-rific !!!

• Like 1

3....2..... stop trashing each other I am getting tired of this crap. If you continue I am going to make it so no ones posts can be seen till I review them once a week. Who thinks I am kidding? 

let me know

Art