2019-2020 Hockey Thread

8 hours ago, phin#9 said:

One thing about leaf fans and a lot of them aren’t watching the best hockey of the year is if they are still watching they have about six other teams to cheer for. I guess that’s what happens when your team habitually doesn’t make the playoffs or are out in the first round. Have a nice day.

I reread this a few times, I still can't understand anything except "have a nice day"

12 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I reread this a few times, I still can't understand anything except "have a nice day"

Ive said it before. Most leaf fans are not hockey fans. Simple enough for ya?

31 minutes ago, BillM said:

You're talking about bandwagon jumpers, not hockey fans.   Big difference.

Thats what most leaf fans are. Teams out they go dark. Nothing to say about the game cause they dont know anything about the game other than theor team plays it. . Call it what you will.

10 minutes ago, moxie said:

Thats what most leaf fans are. Teams out they go dark. Nothing to say about the game cause they dont know anything about the game other than theor team plays it. . Call it what you will.

Well it's now going on 2 days without hockey on TV and I'm already starting to have withdrawls!!!

Gonna have to record the iihf games to watch in the evening as they are on during the day.  ;)

On 5/20/2019 at 9:44 PM, chris.brock said:

it's all Rask for the Conn Smythe, he's been the difference so far in this weird NHL playoffs

it's not over yet though

I disagree. Binnington has been spectacular for St.Louis. I am all for St.Louis winning the cup this year!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

I am all for St.Louis winning the cup this year!!

Me too, especially since they have never won one.

And the payback to Boston for Bobby's 1974 goal would be good too. :)

Edited by DRIFTER_016
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Well it's now going on 2 days without hockey on TV and I'm already starting to have withdrawls!!!

Gonna have to record the iihf games to watch in the evening as they are on during the day.  ;)

Most, most , most, Not all.i will agree about the withdrawl especially considering how great the hockey has been along with all the story lines along the way. Rarely a dull moment for sure. 

7 hours ago, moxie said:

Ive said it before. Most leaf fans are not hockey fans. Simple enough for ya?

LOL, yeah, you Leaf hating trolls on a fishing forum are the far superior "hockey fans", ??

Binnington had a hell of a 2nd half of the season. Rask's #'s in the post season are superhuman. The Conn Smythe is for the post season.

I want the Blues to win too. If any team from the west can do it, they can.

Anybody know why the big delay before the finals?

11 hours ago, moxie said:

Thats what most leaf fans are.

most Leaf fans are bandwagon jumpers? 

I know a ton of fellow Leaf fans and can't think of 1 bandwagoner. We've basically all bled blue since we were toddlers. It's been ingrained. We didn't choose it.

If a Leaf fan on this thread says black, you trolls automatically say white. It's just so childish and stupid and predictable but you guys just keep doing it, ad nauseam. What a sad existence. 

How bout Team Canada fellas. Lots of credit to the guys who go to Europe  to represent  Canada after their club team missed the playoffs or were knocked out in the first round. Led by Mark Stone we have a nice little hockey club over there. What  a game today. Never say die attitude. Beautiful. Go Canada Go!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mikeh said:

Would like to see the Bruins take it in 7 .

Cheering for the Raptors tonite

Go raps go

If the Leafs had but a small portion of the attitude, heart and determination of  Kawhi Leonard, they would still be in it and probably hoist the cup this year.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phin#9 said:

How bout Team Canada fellas. Lots of credit to the guys who go to Europe  to represent  Canada after their club team missed the playoffs or were knocked out in the first round. Led by Mark Stone we have a nice little hockey club over there. What  a game today. Never say die attitude. Beautiful. Go Canada Go!!

Looks like Nylander saved his best game for the worlds   :wallbash:

don't think these guys know how hyped we get for playoff games? we're not gonna start caring about something else on even remotely the same scale as we do the Leafs. 

I don't have any problem, I am a 'hockey fan' all year round. That's why I watch a Sunday afternoon Toronto at Carolina game in November so I can see how teams are developing and I enjoy the game. It's entertainment and the playoffs are the best but "Leafs Play-off game" vs any other playoff game is not even the same scale.

these guys are the toddlers who had a shirt that just said 'Hockey' or 'Basketball' instead of Potvin and Gilmour. 

real talk though: Lets go Blues...Bruins have a few Canadians, Blues have many. Also I don't want Marchand to be lickin' Lord Stanley's cup. 

12 hours ago, chris.brock said:

most Leaf fans are bandwagon jumpers? 

I know a ton of fellow Leaf fans and can't think of 1 bandwagoner. We've basically all bled blue since we were toddlers. It's been ingrained. We didn't choose it.

If a Leaf fan on this thread says black, you trolls automatically say white. It's just so childish and stupid and predictable but you guys just keep doing it, ad nauseam. What a sad existence. 

9 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

lol I dont know a single person watching hockey anymore

You idiot Leaf fans are missing the best hockey of the season!  ?

I just watched the 1st period of the final, basically like watching paint dry

I can't wait until October, Go Leafs! 

Just got home from my own hockey game and flipped the game on...I can’t take listening to Hughson cream his pants about the bruins all game.

him and his crony gloated for 6 minutes straight about the bruins and how great they are....yet they are losing 2-1at home.