2019-2020 Hockey Thread

1 minute ago, jimmer said:

They won't be able to afford Gardiner either as an unrestricted free agent.

exactly...you need to win now, you have the cap space to sign a big name rental, everyone is firing on all cylinders, you have the best offense and possibly goalie in the league, sign the big name D man and go for it.

7 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

exactly...you need to win now, you have the cap space to sign a big name rental, everyone is firing on all cylinders, you have the best offense and possibly goalie in the league, sign the big name D man and go for it.

Just don't know if that D guy is available anywhere. Who should they go after? They might have to wait until the trade deadline for some names to come available.

42 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Just don't know if that D guy is available anywhere. Who should they go after? They might have to wait until the trade deadline for some names to come available.

thats exactly when you do it

Here is a list of UFA D men as of the end of this year of none playoff teams

Jay Bowmester

Alex Edler

Marc Methot

Nik Kronwall

Michael Del Zotto

Carl Gunnarson

Adam Mcuaid

Ben Lovejoy

And lots and lots of talk about Alex Petrieangelo as his contract is done next season.

ok , watching game 10 mins into second. period , 

great PP but outmuscled in the corners 

The Leafs are in need of muscle ... WTFriday ...  TB can get 4 guys on Kadri after the whistle and no one has the cahonees to  help out ????

Im sorry but i really don’t understand ???

The top NHL teams knows how to intimidate the Leafs ... 

ok , watching game 10 mins into second. period , 

great PP but outmuscled in the corners 

The Leafs are in need of muscle ... WTFriday ...  TB can get 4 guys on Kadri after the whistle and no one has the cahonees to  help out ????

Im sorry but i really don’t understand ???

The top NHL teams knows how to intimidate the Leafs ... 

I was pretty impressed with the way the Bolt's collapsed on their net, when things got hairy around it. So many blocked shots and no time for the Leafs to make up their mind where to pass to or shoot.

I think the Leafs could take a page outta the Bolts play book.

HH

2 hours ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Vasilevskiy made some big saves, but the first star of the game was definitely his post.  Toronto no doubt can bang with this team and I think if they meet in the playoffs its going seven games.  

I can't imagine how frustrating it is to knock 4 (?) off the post and lose the game.

On 12/13/2018 at 7:08 AM, AKRISONER said:

His value is astronomically high because he got to play with matthews all year (on pace for close to 40 goals) Hes going to be too expensive to resign next year if he continues on the way he is

Most of Kappi's goals are solo efforts, a result of his speed and laser guided shot. It's not like AM is feeding him.

I'd be willing to trade some O for some D if a quality D man is available. I don't know what Nylander's market value is, but I'd prefer to trade him and keep Kappi.

• Like 2

Did anyone else listen to the three crackpots on Sportsnet after the Tampa game?? They were saying that Tampa demonstrated why they’re the dominant team in the league and now Toronto knows what they need to do to get better. Did they watch the dang game?? Shots were what, 49-23 or something?? Even on the Tampa forums they were saying how badly they were being outplayed. These guys are brutal. 

As for Kapanen, I really like that kid and would hate to see him go. I too would consider Nylander first if for no other reason than his perceived value. We would get a lot more back for him. 

What is Gauthier doing in the NHL? The guy is a giant and his jersey hasn’t made contact with another team all year. Frederic Copperfield... the guys invisible. 

1 hour ago, BillM said:

Kappi isn't going anywhere.  Nylander will most likely be gone before the draft.  At least that's my thought on things.  

I think Ny is bringing bad karma. No good since he came on. I thought it would of been better for the team.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 9:21 AM, BillM said:

Kappi isn't going anywhere.  Nylander will most likely be gone before the draft.  At least that's my thought on things.  

You have to think about the value when considering this move. Kappi at this point is actually of higher value than Nylander...as such teams are going to want him in order for them to give up their big time D man.

Other names on contracts that arent up this year are also now being thrown around. I see it as a package of Kappanen + a piece + a draft pick for a big time guy like petrieangelo