2019-2020 Hockey Thread

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Awful quiet here. All the laffites must be hanging up their AM posters I guess. 

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5-3 to the lowly Sens.

What a bunch of putses

GO SENS GO

Is that all you have Matt?  Come on man, let them have it. LOL

I turned it off after the 12 min mark. If thats a cup contender, I say the Sens got a better chance. LOL Really though, if you think about it, all the sen players have something to prove. They have been trashed talked all summer long. They are young and have spunk and NO leader. Anderson was great for the Sens.

Now that has been said, after this win, hell is going to freeze over, so I packed the float boat and toys all away this morning, and got the ice gear ready. LOL

two players that stood out for Toronto were Kapanen and Brown, sure hope Kapanen stays on the Mathews line and Connor Brown seems to have found another gear this year, he must have put in a lot of work on his skating in the summer.

I watched a piece of the Ottawa game and none of last night's match due to work. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Back to Ottawa...was it just me or did everyone cringe when Freddy had to touch the puck?? Geez he looked super shaky and there were a few goals he just should have had. The Anderson at the other end played great and won them the game hands down. Good for him, that's his job.

So it's only a couple games in but as I see it 1) Nylander needs a punch in the face, 2) the Leaf defence is (under)performing perfectly as expected, and 3) I'm not seeing as much balanced scoring as I'd like. It won't take long for teams to realize that shutting down JT or AM will stifle near half their offence...and with little defence, I say oh crap. In last nights game, if Chicago had a "Kadri-like" guy shadow one of them, Toronto may have lost that game.

33 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I watched a piece of the Ottawa game and none of last night's match due to work. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Back to Ottawa...was it just me or did everyone cringe when Freddy had to touch the puck?? Geez he looked super shaky and there were a few goals he just should have had. The Anderson at the other end played great and won them the game hands down. Good for him, that's his job.

So it's only a couple games in but as I see it 1) Nylander needs a punch in the face, 2) the Leaf defence is (under)performing perfectly as expected, and 3) I'm not seeing as much balanced scoring as I'd like. It won't take long for teams to realize that shutting down JT or AM will stifle near half their offence...and with little defence, I say oh crap. In last nights game, if Chicago had a "Kadri-like" guy shadow one of them, Toronto may have lost that game.

13 goals against in 3 games and the parade is off. 

LOL too funny

Toronto the only place in the world where a 2-1 loss would make the fans happier than a 7-6 win on the road in Chicago with your backup in net on the second night of a back to back.

the leafs haven’t got goaltending yet this season with an over .810 save percentage. As soon as they get league minimum goaltending these games are all easily won.

I’m having horrible flashbacks of back in the day when the leafs were bad and teams like Chicago would come into the ACC and no matter what you did they somehow always managed to find a way to stay in games and then would come back and steal two points from you. Because even when good teams have an off night they still somehow always managed to leave Toronto with 2pts

its game three and the leafs are 2-1 who cares how they do it, keep winning, the goaltending and defense will settle. Did anyone watch the Pittsburgh Washington game? The defending Stanley cup champions gave up 6 goals as  well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

13 goals against in 3 games and the parade is off. 

LOL too funny

What's funny is you posting standings 3 games in!! You planning the parade AGAIN this year?? If there's a parade in Ottawa this year it'll be because the MADE the playoffs!!! Hahahahaha You better frame that quick, it'll be the highest they place all year!! lmao Looks like Melnyk is going to keep the team...so Quebec doesn't get it and his legacy doesn't end in complete embarrassment!! Bahahahaha!! :rofl2::rofl2:

24 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

What's funny is you posting standings 3 games in!! You planning the parade AGAIN this year?? If there's a parade in Ottawa this year it'll be because the MADE the playoffs!!! Hahahahaha You better frame that quick, it'll be the highest they place all year!! lmao Looks like Melnyk is going to keep the team...so Quebec doesn't get it and his legacy doesn't end in complete embarrassment!! Bahahahaha!! :rofl2::rofl2:

That was the only parade they had the possibility of having in Ottawa this year. The ‘so long and thanks for all the fish’ parade as the team crosses the boarder into Quebec. 

37 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I agree...Ottawa should buzz off to QC. :lol:

I believe he was saying there are too many pretty boys who only want to score on the laffs.

No grinders.

With JT and AM scoring 80% or more of the goals,  not only are there no grinders but scoring will also be an issue if either get hurt or when teams start to shadow them.

No defense and no goaltending once again you laffites have counted your chickens before they hatch.

Like I said 13 GA in 3 games against 3 of the projected bottom 5 teams????

You guys are going nowhere lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

I believe he was saying there are too many pretty boys who only want to score on the laffs.

No grinders.

With JT and AM scoring 80% or more of the goals,  not only are there no grinders but scoring will also be an issue if either get hurt or when teams start to shadow them.

No defense and no goaltending once again you laffites have counted your chickens before they hatch.

Like I said 13 GA in 3 games against 3 of the projected bottom 5 teams????

You guys are going nowhere lol!

I know what he mean't...you'd think Suck fans would have a better sense of humour by now!! You Suckators have no chickens or eggs to hatch...they don't want to play there. Your ex captain couldn't evacuate the dumpster quick enough!! I wonder how long before Chabot realizes he's flushing his career down the Ottawa toilet and tries to get out. I'm sure the geniuses running that train wreck will get a few shiny pucks back in the deal!!! You must be soooo proud LMAO!! 

12 minutes ago, leaf4 said:

"No goaltending" ??? our backup was the ahl's top goalie of the year and Freddy is a bonafide top 5 imo 

Oh come on!!! You know that anytime a Leaf has a bad game it must be because the wheels are falling off!! LOL It's all the Suck fans can do now! 

BTW, aren't the Leafs playing with 5 or 6 guys that played with the Marlies last year??

Edited by grimsbylander