2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Matt you are way too funny!!

"none of our top players in the lineup"

In the pregame interview,  Dorion said they were going to build the team around Duchene and Ryan

They were both playing!!!  LOL 

Edited by RickOnt
added info

42 minutes ago, BillM said:

Rink seemed really small last night, lol.

I was surprised that they actually all fit on the benches. 

I thought it looked like they were playing on a postage stamp. ?

I don't remember the rinks I frequented being that small but I guess they were. ?

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I was surprised that they actually all fit on the benches. 

I thought it looked like they were playing on a postage stamp. ?

I don't remember the rinks I frequented being that small but I guess they were. ?

I get to play the odd game at mastercard centre (the leafs training facility) and trust me, there’s a huge difference between most local rinks and real NHL ice.  

I even played a game on the Olympic ice which is where the world junior team trains before they go to Europe...holllllyyyy crap that ice is wide 

5 hours ago, muskymatt said:

We didn't do too bad all considered. We had none of our top players in the lineup and you guys had almost all except Matthews. I expected much worse. Not that I have any expectations for this season and our GM in a complete knob.

Going to be a long and painful years for Sens fans. Not quite as bad as 50 years of laffs sucking so I'm sort of ok with it.

Which "top" players were missing?  Was it anybody with NHL experience?

Did Ottawa's "top" players play against Matthews and the Marlies today then?  It didn't seem to help.

Edited by John Bacon

25 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

Their top player next year is going to Colorado via Ottawa’s former first round pick. 

What a joke that is... Give up a first for duchene and can't get a guaranteed one back for a Norris winner in Karlsson ? 

I look at Ottawa and someone lost their mind, the pressure to win was so big they really started to grasp at anything that would get the team back on track and ended up with no team or future team for a number of years. Melnyck should get out of hockey to save himself.

Geeze I just wish the media would stop all this talk about a Leafs Stanley Cup this year !!!

Why can't we just be optimistic about going past the first round  .... the media hypes everything and will jinx it ... they are solid and deeper down the first 3 lines but the defence is suspect

lets just let the boys play and prove they are a talented  team ... 

• Like 1