2019-2020 Hockey Thread

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎03 at 8:23 AM, AKRISONER said:

lmao 

You think anyone on NE like billicheck? Look at the guy, hes never smiled in his entire life I am pretty sure.

Apparently he is a hoot outside the role he plays in front of the media cameras. Dry humour but humour nonetheless. We get his weekly show here from Boston on the Sat. dish. He throws zingers in all the time if you listen carefully. Watch his biography that was made by the NFL network. Actually your are right, he isn't funny in the least. He is an alien as is Elvis and Lennon. 2-1 Vegas by the time I edited this.

1-zip Vegas 15:04 in the 2nd.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

18 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Maybe the reason why the caps suck at home this year is cause they have to have to worst anthem singers of all time.  Brutal lol

Come on now, they're way better than Rene Rancort in Boston!!!!  :lol:

On 5/20/2018 at 9:49 PM, LostAnotherOne said:

Who would of thought Vegas was going to be in the finals.  Was hoping for a Winnipeg vs Washington in the finals but looks like the opposite.  

watch they will win...and gary betman will finally fulfill his dream of rigging the NHL to bring it to places where no one actually cares about hockey.

When vegas wins it all, seriously we have to ask ourselves, is this the biggest rigged event in sports history? I think its actually worse than the NBA putting Lebron in the finals every year.

5 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I guess Mark Hunter wanted to be GM. 

33299637_10156427328766055_2212632864451

That sucks, I'm sure he'll end up somewhere over the summer in a GM position... wouldn't surprise me to see Edmonton, Vancouver or Montreal take him lol

Edited by leaf4

7 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

watch they will win...and gary betman will finally fulfill his dream of rigging the NHL to bring it to places where no one actually cares about hockey.

When vegas wins it all, seriously we have to ask ourselves, is this the biggest rigged event in sports history? I think its actually worse than the NBA putting Lebron in the finals every year.

How can the NHL rig this? The team literally just clicked... It was a total shot in the dark with a bunch of these guys (some obviously not) but the way the team has gelled, from being a bunch of castoffs from other teams is a complete fluke... No one could have seen this coming

The whole Vegas team works hard and are relentless on the forecheck and backcheck. It's like they are pissed they weren't protected by their previous teams and now have something to prove. 

Edited by chris.brock

3 hours ago, chris.brock said:

The whole Vegas team works hard and are relentless on the forecheck and backcheck. It's like they are pissed they weren't protected by their previous teams and now have something to prove. 

Exactly.  When i used to play road hockey and nobody picked me i would get so pissed that next time i got picked i would swing that stick like a lumberjack. 

1 minute ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Exactly.  When i used to play road hockey and nobody picked me i would get so pissed that next time i got picked i would swing that stick like a lumberjack. 

LOL!!!

3 minutes ago, BillM said:

LOL!!!

X2

Sorry, but I had a good laugh at that.

Back when we played, goalies picked the team. I played goalie for road hockey. Road is the key here. I sucked playing tender on ice. Thats why I played D. LOL

Edited by misfish

Analysts have been saying the Vegas wheels are going to fall off since mid October.  I think they are going to win the whole deal. They disposed of the Jets in 5. It would be a pretty historic cup win.

I am a little bitter because the Leafs have been trying to build a contender for years, this team just enters the league and wins.

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I am a little bitter because the Leafs have been trying to build a contender for years, this team just enters the league and wins.

Me too...but I'm becoming even more bitter I didn't through down $100 on Vegas to win. lol

meh, the league handed them too much...put it this way...there is no way in hell you should be able to get fleury as your goalie free of charge. I dont care that hes playing backup on a team with two really good goalies...A lot of NHL teams try to have two good goalies these days in case one gets hurt...or you have a young stud goaltender on the come up like pittsburgh did, the fact that vegas gets to snipe fleury from them is a tad ridiculous.

I will be rootin' for Vegas no matter who they get to beat.

Can someone explain to me what a Golden Knight's connection is to Nevada? Nevada is a silver mining state not gold. I bet not once a Knight of any realm ever set foot in Vegas, unless they played one in the movies. Maybe Sir Elton John or Sir Paul McCartney.

8 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

meh, the league handed them too much...put it this way...there is no way in hell you should be able to get fleury as your goalie free of charge. 

I always thought M A Fleury was a mediocre goalie at best and often sucked. Brian Burke said the same thing on Leafs Lunch today. Fleury sure hasn't sucked this season. 

The Pens have a lot of heavy hitters on the payroll and something had to give.