2019-2020 Hockey Thread

37 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Me too but the tension is real.

lmao 

Listen to all of the guys on overdrive plus ray ferraro...they all hated their coaches while they played for them...You think a single player on columbus likes torts? 

You think anyone on NE like billicheck? Look at the guy, hes never smiled in his entire life I am pretty sure.

A coach pushes and pushes and pushes you, especially in the NHL..you wanna make 6 million a year, your coach is going to be a drill sergeant. You think navy seals are a best friends with their officers? you need a guy that is going to get the most out of you and keep you disciplined, not a guy that you party with.

Also, the whole thing about Babcock is that he commands respect from his players due to his tireless work ethic. Think of how hard Mike Babcock works...the players have 4 jobs, go to practice, go to games and watch film and go to therapy.

Bacock has to also attend all of those things, while at the same time, develop and monitor the entire system.

He literally tries to outwork his players, and thats why they cant complain because no one is working harder than he is to win.

Edited by AKRISONER

10 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

lmao 

Listen to all of the guys on overdrive plus ray ferraro...they all hated their coaches while they played for them...You think a single player on columbus likes torts? 

You think anyone on NE like billicheck? Look at the guy, hes never smiled in his entire life I am pretty sure.

A coach pushes and pushes and pushes you, especially in the NHL..you wanna make 6 million a year, your coach is going to be a drill sergeant. You think navy seals are a best friends with their officers? you need a guy that is going to get the most out of you and keep you disciplined, not a guy that you party with.

Also, the whole thing about Babcock is that he commands respect from his players due to his tireless work ethic. Think of how hard Mike Babcock works...the players have 4 jobs, go to practice, go to games and watch film and go to therapy.

Bacock has to also attend all of those things, while at the same time, develop and monitor the entire system.

He literally tries to outwork his players, and thats why they cant complain because no one is working harder than he is to win.

Agreed.

But 5 jobs(cardio/weight training)

11 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

lmao 

Lol All these years I thought it was all sunshine and roses behind the bench. 

10 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Lol All these years I thought it was all sunshine and roses behind the bench. 

like most jobs that dont rely on looks or  physical talent...you make more money the harder you work. If Babcock is the highest paid coach in the league, then you know hes also the hardest working.

9 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

like most jobs that dont rely on looks or  physical talent...you make more money the harder you work. If Babcock is the highest paid coach in the league, then you know hes also the hardest working.

You make more money the more responsibility you have not the harder you work.

I looked back a bit and didn't see anything here about this Tom Wilson Goof. The guy just wants to cripple someone and he smiles after breaking a guys jaw and concussing him.  Someone needs to punch the guy out, on the ice or in the parking lot after the game. Maybe even on his own bus back to the Hotel by his team mates. There is no place for a guy like that in any sport in 2018, at anytime really. Is there no payback in Hockey any longer?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

14 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

You make more money the more responsibility you have not the harder you work.

I looked back a bit and didn't see anything here about this Tom Wilson Goof. The guy just wants to cripple someone and he smiles after breaking a guys jaw and concussing him.  Someone needs to punch the guy out, on the ice or in the parking lot after the game. Maybe even on his own bus back to the Hotel by his team mates. There is no place for a guy like that in any sport in 2018, at anytime really. Is there no payback in Hockey any longer?

You’re given more responsibility the harder you work in my experiences which in turn makes you more money.

As for Tom Wilson. He plays on the top line with Ovi and has something like 7 points in 9 games this playoffs. He is 6’5 230 hits hard and no one punches him out because he can fight as well. I think there is room in the game for a player like that. As for the hit itself. It’s a 6’5 guy hitting a 6’0 guy north south. You always explode up to try and knock a guy over. Unfortunately with the height difference he blew through the shoulder and caught his chin. 

At the same time we have a guy running around licking players faces with no consequence. 

This is today’s NHL. 

BassMan.

Hard work and success go hand in hand,  hard work is a given, it is the responsibility one is willing to accept that turns that hard work into $$$ yes. 

If that Wilson guy represents todays NHL that right there is probably the reason why I'm no longer a fan. The NHL doesn't agree with you the hit was a result of physics that was unavoidable. An article I read about this Goof Tom Wilson.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/tom-wilson-suspension-timeline-history-details-fines-capitals-penguins-zach-aston-reese/k3plwl8lfkot11flpw7ah3yf7

Edited by Old Ironmaker

From what I seen from that very short clip, that was a direct shoulder to the head. No blowing through the other shoulder. 

With that said, he,s a big dude. Anyone remember Sandy McCarthy. Another big dude. Played scrimmage pick up with him during the off season here in Barrie. He was one scary dude. Sounded like a freight train coming when he dug those blades in the ice. I was lucky enough to just get out of his way one game. I hate to think what would of happen if he had caught me. It was unintentional. We played competitively, but not to kill one another. LOL.

I am actually watching a game. Winterpeg vs. Nashville. Some good back and forth Hockey so far. I have never been to Winnipeg and I'm not going back. I don't think you can get two cities as diametrically opposed as these two. One is the birth place of Country music and arguably Rock and Roll and the other is,,,,,,,, I'll get back to you.

Nashville just scored, 2-1. I am impressed how Tennessee has embraced the game, amazing to say the least. I've been there many years ago. Saw the guy that had the song about "Walking down Beal St." playing it in a Holiday Inn. Great tune. I need to Google it. Anyone know what I am talking about. I could sing it but you can't hear me.

3-1 Winnipeg. Go White Outs. Great slogan for that place. Has been in place for over 30 years I heard today on the radio, never heard it before, then again you know I don't get out much these last few, or many years.  

I can't remember ever seeing an embellishment/ diving call in the playoffs, lol.

It doesn't matter now, but why doesn't marchand even get a 2 minute minor for all his low bridges in the 2018 playoffs? he got 5 games for a reg season low bridge on Salo a few years ago.

24 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I can't remember ever seeing an embellishment/ diving call in the playoffs, lol.

It doesn't matter now, but why doesn't marchand even get a 2 minute minor for all his low bridges in the 2018 playoffs? he got 5 games for a reg season low bridge on Salo a few years ago.

Yeah, that's dangerous. He deserves a solid punch in the face

23 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I have never been to Winnipeg and I'm not going back. I don't think you can get two cities as diametrically opposed as these two. One is the birth place of Country music and arguably Rock and Roll and the other is,,,,,,,, I'll get back to you.

Chirping Winnipeg eh?

I guess you finally have a reason to live in Winnipeg...the Jets! :)

Edited by scuro2

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎11 at 9:31 AM, AKRISONER said:

Dubas the new GM...awesome!

Kyle Dubas,,,.................Kyle Dubas? Just watched an interview of the kid on TSN. He looks like he just got home from his High School grad. Nothing can replace experience, at 32 and a NHL GM, heck any GM except maybe a fast food joint he is either a Hockey Savant or over his head too early. I really wish success and good luck to him and the Leafs, I would really like to see them hoist the Holy Grail while I am still here on Earth. I can say that I was old enough to watch a Cup win by The Leafs and still can remember it, it was in Black and White though.

2 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Kyle Dubas,,,.................Kyle Dubas? Just watched an interview of the kid on TSN. He looks like he just got home from his High School grad. Nothing can replace experience, at 32 and a NHL GM, heck any GM except maybe a fast food joint he is either a Hockey Savant or over his head too early. I really wish success and good luck to him and the Leafs, I would really like to see them hoist the Holy Grail while I am still here on Earth. I can say that I was old enough to watch a Cup win by The Leafs and still can remember it, it was in Black and White though.

All I have heard is that Kyle is indeed a savant!!!

Got to admit he looks like the premier stats guy he's supposed to be.

Must be the glasses!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

Makes me feel old looking at this young whipper snapper!!!  :rolleyes: