2019-2020 Hockey Thread

36 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

The only thing that concerns me is both the Lightning and Bruins got quite a bit stronger today.

Will make it that much harder to get by them in the playoffs.

It would be a pretty strong statement if we could beat Tampa again tonight after beating Boston on Saturday.

But yeah, I'm glad management didn't mortgage the farm because they think we are ready and a cup contender right now.

29 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Yep, I don't expect them to win a cup but it would be nice if they made the second round. ;)

At least we still have 8 picks in this years draft.

2 in each round.

In years past they would have traded them all away by now.

I like that as well. And we still have Liligren, Dermot, and Kapinen. They all would have been gone had this been 15 years ago. 

Good time to be a leafs fan. 

2 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

LOL

That's the way to get on the refs good side.

Throw your glove at him, then get POed when he throws it back!!!!  :lol:

What a bunch of crybabies. It should have been an unsportsman like penalty when he first threw the glove. If you don't call the penalty I'd of put the glove on and gone to the bench and plowed him one. Guess I wouldn't make a good ref.

I think Boston made a tactical error in going after Nash. Today's NHL is all about speed and those who are not fleet of foot will be left behind. As always, I could be wrong, but if you look at who is successful in today's NHL, it's the teams with speed and skill.

HH

35 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

I think Boston made a tactical error in going after Nash. Today's NHL is all about speed and those who are not fleet of foot will be left behind. As always, I could be wrong, but if you look at who is successful in today's NHL, it's the teams with speed and skill.

HH

nash quite literally might be the most overrated player in NHL history...anyone else care to chime in on this one?

He had one season with 79 points...aside from that he hasnt done anything close to classifying himself as an "elite player" in the NHL.

Lol i love watching boston get even slower than they already are....i personally think if the leafs get matched up against them in the playoffs that the buds have the upper hand...Boston has no chance of containing the speed of the leafs.

5 hours ago, fish_fishburn said:

I think all pro sports is fixed. All about the money.

Lol yeah. Fixing is easy, all they have to do is make sure the 23 players + coaching staff + trainers, equipment staff, etc. across 31 teams keeps all the fixing a secret. Meh it's only a 1000 or so so people. No problem.